Peace_Seeker

GOT THE VISA on 9th!!! Got the Passport Stamped Today!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys...sorry for updating after 2 days but haven't got net access.

But the good news is that I got the VISA at first go without been put in AP.

Here is the whole experience.

Got to embassy at 7:30 AM and after submitting the bag (you can't take any sort of bag with you as only plastic bags are allowed)

and the mobile phones (all electronic gadgets), took the ticket for shuttle service and got all ready for a ride to embassy.

At embassy known thing is about two lines one for immigrant visa and other for non-immigrant visa, went in immigrant one called upon

quickly as it wasn't too busy that day.

Fingerprints taken first then went to submit the interview letter, medical and passport to window#06.

From there I got a list of approved courier services in all cities of Pakistan with a Token stamped on it.

Waited...waited and just waited...but to my surprise it wasn't too bad, called after 2 hours on window#08.

And here the real game has started. White lady greeted with a smile.

Followed her with the Oath.

Questions:

1. Can you please hand me over the Original Urdu NikahNama.

2. How long have you been married.

3. How you two get to know each other and what was the connection led to the marriage.

3. How long you two stayed together after the ceremony.

4. Have she came down for a visit afterwards.

5. How exactly she acquired the citizenship.

6. How often you two talk.

7. Can you show me the pictures of the ceremony.

The only two things the Officer asked me was the Original Urdu NikahNama and the Ceremony Pictures.

No On-Going Relationship Evidences..No Invitation Card..No Receipts of any gifts exchanged or what-so-ever.

And then came those words which I certainly and honestly wasn't expecting because I already

developed my mind that at Islamabad Embassy there is no way a Male can get away without been

suffered through an AP.

But you know what she said.."Everything seems to be in Order and Congratulations you have been Approved

& you can get your Passport in 7 working days"..

Got a call today on 11th from AMEX to pick up my Passport..means got it in exactly 2 working days.

That's still unbelievable to me.

I have only one observation and that the Officer already made up her/his mind regarding your case

and the questions are just mere formality to make the process more authentic and formal.

Just wanna take a moments and praise ALL my folks here on Visa Journey for your extended and

kind support of all nature during my process and I wish ALL the very best for those who are in

AP and those too who are yet to experience the formality of Interview.

BEST OF LUCK GUYS.

KIND REGARDS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got to embassy at 7:30 AM and after submitting the bag (you can't take any sort of bag with you as only plastic bags are allowed)

and the mobile phones (all electronic gadgets), took the ticket for shuttle service and got all ready for a ride to embassy.

At embassy known thing is about two lines one for immigrant visa and other for non-immigrant visa, went in immigrant one called upon

Fingerprints taken first then went to submit the interview letter, medical and passport to window#06.

From there I got a list of approved courier services in all cities of Pakistan with a Token stamped on it.

Waited...waited and just waited...but to my surprise it wasn't too bad, called after 2 hours on window#08.

Questions:

3. How you two get to know each other and what was the connection led to the marriage.

The only two things the Officer asked me was the Original Urdu NikahNama and the Ceremony Pictures.

No On-Going Relationship Evidences..No Invitation Card..No Receipts of any gifts exchanged or what-so-ever.

And then came those words which I certainly and honestly wasn't expecting because I already

developed my mind that at Islamabad Embassy there is no way a Male can get away without been

suffered through an AP.

But you know what she said.."Everything seems to be in Order and Congratulations you have been Approved

Got a call today on 11th from AMEX to pick up my Passport..means got it in exactly 2 working days.

I have only one observation and that the Officer already made up her/his mind regarding your case

and the questions are just mere formality to make the process more authentic and formal.

Just wanna take a moments and praise ALL my folks here on Visa Journey for your extended and

kind support of all nature during my process and I wish ALL the very best for those who are in

BEST OF LUCK GUYS.

KIND REGARDS.

Congratulations!!!

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Two topics merged and two others without replies removed. We are glad you got your approval, but please do not post more than once on a issue/ update. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Questions:

suffered through an AP.

BEST OF LUCK GUYS.

KIND REGARDS.

Many Many Congratulations on your Approval. My Fiancee's interview is on the 18th of January, this coming Friday and I will be accompanying her. I have a couple of questions, firstly, how much was the shuttle fees, and secondly, did you notice any females who were having their interviews that day and if you did, how did it seem that their interviews went? I hope our interview goes as smoothly as yours went. Once again, Congratulations :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Many Many Congratulations on your Approval. My Fiancee's interview is on the 18th of January, this coming Friday and I will be accompanying her. I have a couple of questions, firstly, how much was the shuttle fees, and secondly, did you notice any females who were having their interviews that day and if you did, how did it seem that their interviews went? I hope our interview goes as smoothly as yours went. Once again, Congratulations :)

Thanks heaps bro. wasn't expecting it though.. :no:

Now they are taking a flat rate for Shuttle which is Rs.500/person

but ya there was one girl called before me & co-incidentally

we both had our medical done at same hospital on same day

at Karachi so kinda knew her before..

she was asked very briefly n precisely I should say

few normal n formal questions about her husband n

then she was told you are approved..

so don't stress specially when as a US Citizen you are joining

her for the interview..added bonus for the beneficiary!!

All I can say is be optimistic and sure about your relationship..that's it!!

Wish you a good experience there and stay blessed..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.