Bill & Liza

does military spouse has to pay N-400 fee?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello

my husband is active duty..we r filing for N-400, 3 years married...so i m a lit bit confused..so we have to send docs to Nebraska office n on uscis web it says military members dont have to pay 680$..does it includes dependents?or we still have to send check???

thanks

Hello

my husband is active duty..we r filing for N-400, 3 years married...so i m a lit bit confused..so we have to send docs to Nebraska office n on uscis web it says military members dont have to pay 680$..does it includes dependents?or we still have to send check???

thanks

Go to uscis.gov and look up the phone numbers for military. They should be able to tell you if you have to pay. I know military service members don't have to pay but I don't know about their dependents.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I called twice,n everytime they tell me different info.one time they told me to pay .other time they told me not to

I'd go to the military forum on VJ and ask the spouses there - couple of them were naturalized recently.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

for what they told me before. military service member do not need to pay anything but they never mention about the dependents.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8aa13e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8aa13e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Tells about military spouses, but nothing about fees. If you live on or near a base, suggest you go to JAG, should have an attorney there familiar with immigration law or direct you to one.

You do have to pay the fee. (Only military members applying under Sections 328 or 329 do not). I think you will be applying under Section 319(a), (b) or (e)? I applied to Nebraska under 319(a) and paid the fee.

However you can request a means-tested fee waiver if you qualify using this form

Edited by H&V

• 2 years later...

Have to Pay like the rest of us. Only the military personnel are exempt, not their family members.

Are you sure?

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, monalizagementiza said:

Hello All, If married to US Citizen for 3 years and former Military member. She can apply for N-400 under 3 years married rule.?even She doesn't  meet the 3 years physical presence in USA?

No. All conditions need to be met in this case - marriage over 3 yrs AND 3 yrs LPR (minus 90 days prior sending in application is allowed). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.