Williamzcj

Please help

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was just reading the same situation but it was denied because they got divorced also before the condition was approved. They didn't inform USCIS about the divorce and still got the lifting of condition approved.

Sounds like you are in the same situation. Which means your 10yr GC should have not been released to you since you didn't meet the requirements on lifting of conditions.

I don't want to scare you but I suggest you look for that post...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

No.. I filed to remove the condition after the divorce and i even attached a copy of the divorce decree when filed to remove the condition.. They were aware of the divorce at that time but thy still approveed my 10 year green card because i entered the marriage in good faith.. But i dont know why they need a copy of the divorce now.. The didnt ask for it when removed the condition..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

With that I-751, so many reasons for staying her besides staying married, so we wondered why the USCIS even put us through that misery. Especially after being grilled by them for 13 months during our AOS stage.

Reason why I asked you if your are still signal, you certainly didn't come here under false pretense so you can marry a person from your home country. Your future in the USA is just depended upon two people, namely your IO and the supervisor, if it goes any further than that, the field office manager.

In our experience, getting difficult to even meet an IO that can speak English, both life and daughter has to request they properly read the questions in the civics test, even though both had ever question an answer memorized. In talking to an American that can speak English, I don't know, I just work here. New office manage gave very bad advice for what is done after citizenship, didn't even read the instructions. Ha, my wife told me to be quiet, let's just get her daughter's certificate and leave, we know what has to be done.

I strongly suggest you get on google and type, who is my senator, will have two, read if either has an immigration department. One idiot senator in my state, doesn't even have one, got elected because he is going to reduce taxes, yeah, for the filthy rich like he is. I chose the other and called to talk to an English speaking person. Got her email address, had my daughter fill out that worthless privacy form and permission from her to talk in her behalf.

Her problems were solved almost instantly. Can't get emotional, just state the facts, the briefer the better. Fortunately for us this was done before the last election, our new senator, while friendly is busy now getting coffee for the older senators. While I have know our congressman for years, way to busy with all the red tape in our congress, spends a year doing that, second year, trying to get re-elected.

Sounds like you were stuck with a prejudiced IO or just a hard head, but would like to use a nasty word for that. What are the requirements to be appointed to a key agency office? Just help the current president get elected.

Timeline

Thank you all for your replies.. I alreday contacted our congressman joe wilson his office send an inquiry few days ago to USCIS but havent heard back from them yet.. Will wait few more days if nothing happened i will contact the senator ... Hopefully i hear something today...

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for your replies.. I alreday contacted our congressman joe wilson his office send an inquiry few days ago to USCIS but havent heard back from them yet.. Will wait few more days if nothing happened i will contact the senator ... Hopefully i hear something today...

Contacting Congressman wouldn't do much, trust me, particularly at this stage of your application. USCIS would take time to respond to your Congressman, and by then you might already get your oath letter in the mail. And even if congressman would receive a response from USCIS, the response would be still be typical by saying that the case is still pending and processing. Trust me, your congressman would get this response from USCIS.

No.. I filed to remove the condition after the divorce and i even attached a copy of the divorce decree when filed to remove the condition.. They were aware of the divorce at that time but thy still approveed my 10 year green card because i entered the marriage in good faith.. But i dont know why they need a copy of the divorce now.. The didnt ask for it when removed the condition..

You are actually don't know what you are talking about and you are confusing yourself and other people as well. Let me quote your own statements- You wrote in above posting that USCIS didn't ask for your divorce decree at the time of removing the condition on your temporary green card. You said this-"The didnt ask for it when removed the condition..", but then you have very clearly also stated that you did submit/attach the copy of your divorce decree with the application/petition to remove the condition. Here is what you said-"i even attached a copy of the divorce decree when filed to remove the condition". So tell us, which one is true- did you submit the divorce decree with your petition to remove the condition on your green card or you did not? Besides, it doesn't matter now because now you have applied for citizenship and its a different application, so you need to submit the certified copy of your divorce decree again. If you say that you did submit it with your naturalization application then it might have lost somewhere while processing or officer might have overlooked it or officer wants to have a certified one which you did not submit it before. You have to know the difference of certified divorce decree or without certification. USCIS always wants to have certified document. So if this officer wants to have CERTIFIED divorce decree then you can not say that you were not asked a CERTIFIED divorce decree at the time of removing the condition nor you can say that when they accepted a regular divorce decree without certification at the time removing the condition then why they are asking for a certified one. Just don't go into too much "mind boggling" things. Just submit the CERTIFIED copy of your divorce decree and then wait to hear from them for at least 3 months. You can not say that your priority date is this and that or that you were interviewed on this and that because each case is different and unique. Priority date is just an approximate, not a guarantee one. However, you are free to file a lawsuit against USCIS AFTER 120 days of your interview, but your timeline for this lawsuit will not start from the date you were interviewed because you were asked to submit a document thru RFE. This 120 days timeline starts when everything was fine at the interview and nothing was asked to submit and USCIS sits on the case for 120 days without asking anything but if USCIS has asked something then this timeline becomes mute.

By the way, I hope you understand the difference between a divorce DECREE and divorce PETITION. Many times you have talked about USCIS having asked for divorce PETITION. Divorce petition is different than divorce decree. Sometimes USCIS does ask for divorce petition/complaint/pleadings to see when divorce was filed and on what ground and what were other terms of divorce than accepting a short summary of divorce judgement. They do ask for divorce papers when they need to dig more into someone's marriage to fret out possible immigration fraud. So we are not clear at this point as to whether you were asked for divorce decree or divorce petition. Nevertheless, you just chill out, wait, relax at least until March before raising your blood pressure.

If you need to become a US citizen as soon as possible for your "dream" job then you should have filed the naturalization application under the expedited category. And if you don't qualify for that expedited category then do not cry on the fact that your application is well under its timeline. Do you expect US govt. to fulfill everyone's wish just because we have this and that compelling need to become a US citizen as soon as possible? Don't you think it will be selfish and unfair to other applicants who are patiently waiting for their turn despite of having compelling reason to be a US citizen as soon as possible? In my opinion, people just shouldn't think of just ME, ME, ME....

Timeline

You are actually don't know what you are talking about and you are confusing yourself and other people as well. Let me quote your own statements- You wrote in above posting that USCIS didn't ask for your divorce decree at the time of removing the condition on your temporary green card. You said this-"The didnt ask for it when removed the condition..", but then you have very clearly also stated that you did submit/attach the copy of your divorce decree with the application/petition to remove the condition. Here is what you said-"i even attached a copy of the divorce decree when filed to remove the condition". So tell us, which one is true- did you submit the divorce decree with your petition to remove the condition on your green card or you did not? Besides, it doesn't matter now because now you have applied for citizenship and its a different application, so you need to submit the certified copy of your divorce decree again. If you say that you did submit it with your naturalization application then it might have lost somewhere while processing or officer might have overlooked it or officer wants to have a certified one which you did not submit it before. You have to know the difference of certified divorce decree or without certification. USCIS always wants to have certified document. So if this officer wants to have CERTIFIED divorce decree then you can not say that you were not asked a CERTIFIED divorce decree at the time of removing the condition nor you can say that when they accepted a regular divorce decree without certification at the time removing the condition then why they are asking for a certified one. Just don't go into too much "mind boggling" things. Just submit the CERTIFIED copy of your divorce decree and then wait to hear from them for at least 3 months. You can not say that your priority date is this and that or that you were interviewed on this and that because each case is different and unique. Priority date is just an approximate, not a guarantee one. However, you are free to file a lawsuit against USCIS AFTER 120 days of your interview, but your timeline for this lawsuit will not start from the date you were interviewed because you were asked to submit a document thru RFE. This 120 days timeline starts when everything was fine at the interview and nothing was asked to submit and USCIS sits on the case for 120 days without asking anything but if USCIS has asked something then this timeline becomes mute.

By the way, I hope you understand the difference between a divorce DECREE and divorce PETITION. Many times you have talked about USCIS having asked for divorce PETITION. Divorce petition is different than divorce decree. Sometimes USCIS does ask for divorce petition/complaint/pleadings to see when divorce was filed and on what ground and what were other terms of divorce than accepting a short summary of divorce judgement. They do ask for divorce papers when they need to dig more into someone's marriage to fret out possible immigration fraud. So we are not clear at this point as to whether you were asked for divorce decree or divorce petition. Nevertheless, you just chill out, wait, relax at least until March before raising your blood pressure.

Gosh you are so confused divorce decree is totally different than divorce petition.. Read my posts again

You guys needs to stop and get real. the whole thread is confusing.

Mr. Williamzcj get you a lawyer. Good luck.

The admin should remove this tread, because it's no good.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Your case is similar to mine and as you can see from my thread I passed the test in August 2012 and was asked for Divorce Petition (submited a week later). I didn't hear anything from the USCIS at all till now(over 5 months from the interview date!!! ) , last week I contacted my Senetor and got an update on my case that it was approved in November 2012 ( 3 months from the interview date!!! )

So I think you should be fine and just be patience waiting at least 90 days after the interview date to contact them again. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.