Babygyrl233

K1 visa, work visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

so he's here on a K1, we got married. sent in the paper work, they sent it back because of the wrong fee amount, then they gave me an RFE for my recent taxes and repaid the fee because it didnt go thru the first time. this was before 11/16/12. They updated his status in december for an interview, but still awaiting an interview. he has a job lined up for Feb. does anyone know how i can speed up this process so he can get his work visa? do they send the work visa and then interview for the green card or something? it is Jan 8th and I need to know how to get his work visa by feb 6th so he can get him an ID card. some please help

It is not a work visa is an EAD card which gives you permission to work. If you applied in November for the card and have done biometrics, you should have your card very soon.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

It is not a work visa is an EAD card which gives you permission to work. If you applied in November for the card and have done biometrics, you should have your card very soon.

he doesnt need biometrics because he has done them within the allotted time. but by soon, how long do you think it usually takes. they say timeframe is 3 months. does he get the EAD before the appointment for i-485 AOS?

he doesnt need biometrics because he has done them within the allotted time. but by soon, how long do you think it usually takes. they say timeframe is 3 months. does he get the EAD before the appointment for i-485 AOS?

In our case, and many others reported similar, EAD card showed up about 1 month after biometrics; but that said, some had to wait a bit more.

Most companies do accommodate and give some flexibility. Has your spouse explained the situation?

Timeline

In our case, and many others reported similar, EAD card showed up about 1 month after biometrics; but that said, some had to wait a bit more.

Most companies do accommodate and give some flexibility. Has your spouse explained the situation?

no he hasnt. who can he talk too??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 to Working during Immigration for more answers ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

no he hasnt. who can he talk too??

He would need to talk to the HR department and/or the hiring person. Assuming he got an offer letter?? If yes, then whoever signed the letter plus the manager he would be working with. If no offer letter, then someone had offered the job, that is the person he would need to talk to.

I'd say that he does that the sooner the better and explain that given the timelines, it is expected the EAD would arrive in time to start working, but that no one has control over USICS and how long they take.

Most employers would appreciate people being straightforward.

From your answer, it seems that when he went to interviews etc, he did not put forward that he would have to have an EAD and that it was in process??

Timeline

GOOD NEWS!!!

I found out how to expedite the EAD. thank to this website. I called on Tuesday 1/08 and basically let them know he needs it expedited. chose between the options i was provided for why he needed it expedited. and based on my reasoning it was shown he was approved today! he has been waiting since he took his Biometrics on 11/16. so we will see what happens now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.