I AM NOT THAT GUY

If Obama Sends Police To Take Your Guns, Civil War?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Civil War?

• Yes
    • No

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

in order for them to accomplish a confiscation, they would need a constitutional amendment by Congress to repeal the 2nd amendment. Even if that were possible or feasible, there would still remain the logistics associated with such rounding up of weapons. It would be a lengthy process and it would take years or decades.

Wow! First time for everything. Agree 100%.

:thumbs:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

paranoid.jpg

:lol:

I'm having a back and forth with some peeps from the south on FB about gun control, what started as a somewhat reasonable conversation has now deteriorated into an insult and name calling match. I even had one clown unfriend me. The paranoia of these gun nuts is beyond belief.

Now I am wondering if you are stupid or if you just think we are. The same process that has been used in the past to confiscate firearms from innocent gun owners is being proposed here. Since it is the same process, and has happened before, I wouldnt exactly call it paranoia. I would call it learning from history. Which you, missing a feedback loop or something, appear to have difficulty doing.

Throughtout history, Australia has really never had a major problem with violent crime even though gun ownership is commonplace. Until April 28th 1996, when a lunatic shot 35 people in Port Arthur. An anti-gun uproar appeared immediately (even though guns have never been a problem in the past) and a law was passed making it a felony to possess semi-automatic firearms, even those used for hunting. The government confiscated these firearms from law abiding citizens, and these guns (in some cases rare collectibles) were destroyed. Gun Control and left-wing politicians said great things about the new law and anticipated a drop in crime.

As common sense would dictate, just the opposite occurred. In 1997, (12 months after the new laws went into effect) homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies were up a whopping 44 percent, assaults up 8.6 and there was a 300% increase in homicides in the state of Victoria. Prior to the new anti-gun laws, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms; now, there has been a dramatic increase in break-ins, especially against the elderly.

Canada...registration list 1990s, old guns grandfathered in, but this list is used for the state to confiscate the guns upon the death of the holder with no compensation to the estate

1996 Australia used it's list of registered semiauto hunting rifles to confiscate all those weapons.

The UK government instituted handgun registration in 1921, and about every 10 years or so they further restrict what can be owned and use the registration rolls to collect what is illegal.

Chicago put in registration of long guns, used that same registration to confiscate semiauto long guns in the early 1990s

What about California, couldn't make up it's mind if the SKS was covered or not (1989), decided AFTER the registration period was closed that they needed to be registered, declared a second 'grace period' for registration...then about 5 years ago they decided that those SKSs registered during the grace period were illegal because the grace period was illegal, and in certain cities and counties sent law enforcement to the listed addresses demanding surrender of the firearm. Because there is the legal option of removing the gun from the state of CA, and these officers had no warrants, smart gun owners turned them away with the claim 'I gave it to a relative in Oregon (or whatever)' but MANY were seized with no compensation. (Cities and counties later on offered compensation for anyone who had a receipt, but the police weren't giving out receipts, only a few people who demanded them had them and they were basically notes scribbled on whatever spare paper the officer had)

Again, says who? This is the second time I've seen you say this. Are you trying to redefine the word? Because paranoia isn't fear or anxiety ONLY over things that have never happened before.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Timeline

Now I am wondering if you are stupid or if you just think we are. The same process that has been used in the past to confiscate firearms from innocent gun owners is being proposed here. Since it is the same process, and has happened before, I wouldnt exactly call it paranoia. I would call it learning from history. Which you, missing a feedback loop or something, appear to have difficulty doing.

Throughtout history, Australia has really never had a major problem with violent crime even though gun ownership is commonplace. Until April 28th 1996, when a lunatic shot 35 people in Port Arthur. An anti-gun uproar appeared immediately (even though guns have never been a problem in the past) and a law was passed making it a felony to possess semi-automatic firearms, even those used for hunting. The government confiscated these firearms from law abiding citizens, and these guns (in some cases rare collectibles) were destroyed. Gun Control and left-wing politicians said great things about the new law and anticipated a drop in crime.

As common sense would dictate, just the opposite occurred. In 1997, (12 months after the new laws went into effect) homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies were up a whopping 44 percent, assaults up 8.6 and there was a 300% increase in homicides in the state of Victoria. Prior to the new anti-gun laws, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms; now, there has been a dramatic increase in break-ins, especially against the elderly.

Canada...registration list 1990s, old guns grandfathered in, but this list is used for the state to confiscate the guns upon the death of the holder with no compensation to the estate

1996 Australia used it's list of registered semiauto hunting rifles to confiscate all those weapons.

The UK government instituted handgun registration in 1921, and about every 10 years or so they further restrict what can be owned and use the registration rolls to collect what is illegal.

Chicago put in registration of long guns, used that same registration to confiscate semiauto long guns in the early 1990s

What about California, couldn't make up it's mind if the SKS was covered or not (1989), decided AFTER the registration period was closed that they needed to be registered, declared a second 'grace period' for registration...then about 5 years ago they decided that those SKSs registered during the grace period were illegal because the grace period was illegal, and in certain cities and counties sent law enforcement to the listed addresses demanding surrender of the firearm. Because there is the legal option of removing the gun from the state of CA, and these officers had no warrants, smart gun owners turned them away with the claim 'I gave it to a relative in Oregon (or whatever)' but MANY were seized with no compensation. (Cities and counties later on offered compensation for anyone who had a receipt, but the police weren't giving out receipts, only a few people who demanded them had them and they were basically notes scribbled on whatever spare paper the officer had)

Source?

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Based on the latest comments by Biden and others its looking like the PPT law will be proposed long with the 10 round mag law.

The former is great, the latter not so much...but then again I live under such rules already so I'm not too bothered.

Timeline

Based on the latest comments by Biden and others its looking like the PPT law will be proposed long with the 10 round mag law.

The former is great, the latter not so much...but then again I live under such rules already so I'm not too bothered.

What is the "PPT law"?

Filed: Timeline

Power Point law?

When I read something and know full well it never happened I simply say "that never happened". Unfortunately you cannot do that here so you have replaced this with "www.hyperparanoidgunfreaks.org".

Although your lame diversions are entertaining, it is evident that they are there to replace the empty void that is left in your head when a point is made and you have nothing valid to say or nothing of value to add to that point.

With a head that empty you should probably have pursued space travel. You wouldnt even need a suit.

www.hyperparanoidgunfreaks.org

Private Party Transfer

Power Point law?

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline
When I read something and know full well it never happened I simply say "that never happened". Unfortunately you cannot do that here so you have replaced this with "www.hyperparanoidgunfreaks.org".

Although your lame diversions are entertaining, it is evident that they are there to replace the empty void that is left in your head when a point is made and you have nothing valid to say or nothing of value to add to that point.

With a head that empty you should probably have pursued space travel. You wouldnt even need a suit.

A plagiarizing gun nut wants to talk about voids? :rofl:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are right ! It could never happen in a civilized world!

130166805386.jpg

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did Hitler actually take the firearms and the bigger question is did he actually need to take them?

He made it illegal for Jews to own or purchase any type of firearm or weapon for self defense, so basically yes to question #1 and if you plan to engage in genocide then it helps if the victims are unarmed, so a yes for question # 2 also.

http://cojs.org/cojs...Nov._9-10,_1938

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!