H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

I am the petitioner should I give them numbers of my friends and family or his I'm sorry but it sound werid to me

Thank you so much please everyone pray for us I will die if he doesn't get the visa

Thank you inshallah u get one soon

I don't think so because it doesn't matter. What you gave to the NVC is what you your husband has to bring to the interview. You do not need to change it because it was already approved by the nvc no matter what year you filed it. That's what I found out. You can also call the NVC to make sure about it. They can help.

Every year they do a different tax return I have 2011 now I need 2012

Edited by Sweetlove57

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey does anyone know anything about how long it takes to have an interview my case finished march 22,2013 I am anxious and by reading the post it seems like it takes a while I can't wait that long!!!!!!????????I've been doing this immigration filing for three years. Ahhhh help

Hey, I also got case complete this past March and no I have not received anything yet about an interview. If you read previous posts you'll see that mine and your estimated interview date is December 2013, not September. That's if things go in same pace they are going now but it seems the embassy is trying to go faster so our interviews could be earlier. It use to be a year and a half wait from case complete to interview so 9 months to me is a lot more do-able. I'll add you to our list as soon as I get on a pc, so please let us know if you hear anything. Good luck.

Timeline

Congrats to all of you, we switched from us embassy in Yemen to Ethiopia

Before our case was approved, just to avoid the long wait.

Good luck with the interviews, :thumbs:

Can you please tell me how you switched embassies? My i130 is supposed to be approved this month and I dont want to wait a year for an appointment at the embassy in Sanaa. I am thinking about switching to the US embassy in Saudi Arabia but I do not now how? Please help. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Can you please tell me how you switched embassies? My i130 is supposed to be approved this month and I dont want to wait a year for an appointment at the embassy in Sanaa. I am thinking about switching to the US embassy in Saudi Arabia but I do not now how? Please help. Thanks!

USCIS sent an appointment letter to our cases petitioner(Mother) because of an RFE, at the interview she updated our address

and we received emails notifications of the addresss change. The Cases were approved exactly one month after the interview

at the local office, NVC automatically assigned ADDXXXXXXXXXX (ADD=Addis ababa)case numbers.

I suggest you update the address of the beneficiary now. :)

Timeline

USCIS sent an appointment letter to our cases petitioner(Mother) because of an RFE, at the interview she updated our address

and we received emails notifications of the addresss change. The Cases were approved exactly one month after the interview

at the local office, NVC automatically assigned ADDXXXXXXXXXX (ADD=Addis ababa)case numbers.

I suggest you update the address of the beneficiary now.:)

I don't know how, but maybe you can schedule an infopass appointment.

Timeline

I suggest you update the address of the beneficiary now. :)

So you updated the beneficiary's address during the USCIS step and not the NVC step? Did you have to fill out any paperwork to update the address? I also received an RFE for proof of a bonafide marriage but an interview wasn't requested. Who do I speak with to update the address and what do I fill out? I heard about filling out an I-824 to transfer the petition but idk exactly. I REALLY dont want to wait for a year to get an interview in Sanaa. Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by AladdinS

Timeline

IR1/CR1 Visa:

Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012 Interview: May 21, 2013

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2013 Interview: May 21, 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

Sweetlove57: Case Complete: March 2013

K-1 Visa:

Neferure- NVC Recieved: December 4, 2012 Interview: May 5, 2013

Timeline

So you updated the beneficiary's address during the USCIS step and not the NVC step?

Yes

Did you have to fill out any paperwork to update the address?

I don't know if she had to fill paperworks but I will ask and get back to you.

I also received an RFE for proof of a bonafide marriage but an interview wasn't requested.

Our RFE was about Affidavit of support and DNA test.

Who do I speak with to update the address and what do I fill out?

Ask USCIS through telephone, what to do about this problem.

I heard about filling out an I-824 to transfer the petition but idk exactly.

I don't know about this, sorry

I REALLY dont want to wait for a year to get an interview in Sanaa.

Yes, its a very long wait. All thanks to VJ users, I came to know about switching embassies :thumbs:

Thanks so much for your help!

You are welcome :)

Timeline

What do you think about getting my wife a visitor visa to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait (she has family in both countries) and having her enter and live with her family at their address for less than a month just so she can get the appointment outside of Sanaa. Would it be unwise to tell the USCIS that my wife will be in Saudi Arabia (or Kuwait) so they can change embassies at the NVC step and prepare a visa for her to enter the country just a month before her interview date?

Timeline

What do you think about getting my wife a visitor visa to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait (she has family in both countries) and having her enter and live with her family at their address for less than a month just so she can get the appointment outside of Sanaa. Would it be unwise to tell the USCIS that my wife will be in Saudi Arabia (or Kuwait) so they can change embassies at the NVC step and prepare a visa for her to enter the country just a month before her interview date?

Checking the Saudi arabian and Kuwait timelines and country specific portals would be a good start

to know which embassy processes faster.

We are also still in yemen, some relative lives in ethiopia, we are using his address.

But I think she told USCIS that we moved to Ethiopia. If USCIS upadates the beneficiarys country, address

NVC will use the same information , so no need to tell them again. I don't know how that could affect

the process, if you are sure she'll be in Kuwait/Saudi arabia time of the interview. But do some research

open a new thread, maybe other members will help you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

IR1/CR1 Visa:

Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012 Interview: May 21, 2013

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2013 Interview: May 21, 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

Sweetlove57: Case Complete: March 2013

K-1 Visa:

Neferure- NVC Recieved: December 4, 2012 Interview: May 5, 2013

Brooklynman, how did the interview go?

Timeline

Checking the Saudi arabian and Kuwait timelines and country specific portals would be a good start

to know which embassy processes faster.

We are also still in yemen, some relative lives in ethiopia, we are using his address.

But I think she told USCIS that we moved to Ethiopia. If USCIS upadates the beneficiarys country, address

NVC will use the same information , so no need to tell them again. I don't know how that could affect

the process, if you are sure she'll be in Kuwait/Saudi arabia time of the interview. But do some research

open a new thread, maybe other members will help you.

I will check the timelines thanks for the tip. You are still in Yemen, so did the USCIS ask for proof that your address is in Ethiopia, like a passport visa stamp? Can you ask her if she provided any proof of residence in Ethiopia because I want my wife to stay in Yemen with her parents where she's more comfortable then just travel to Saudi Arabia with a 30 day visitor visa.

Also does anyone know what exactly happens at the Visa Appointment? After getting approved does one get a visa stamp that allows them to travel to the US from any country? Can my wife leave Saudi Arabia after the interview or does she have to return to Yemen and depart to the US from there?

Timeline

I will check the timelines thanks for the tip. You are still in Yemen, so did the USCIS ask for proof that your address is in Ethiopia, like a passport visa stamp?

No, they didn't ask for a proof. She just told them that her family moved to Ethiopia few days ago.

and that they don't have address or phone number, and provided the relatives address and phone number.

Can you ask her if she provided any proof of residence in Ethiopia because I want my wife to stay in Yemen with her parents where she's more comfortable then just travel to Saudi Arabia with a 30 day visitor visa.

Also does anyone know what exactly happens at the Visa Appointment? After getting approved does one get a visa stamp that allows them to travel to the US from any country? Can my wife leave Saudi Arabia after the interview or does she have to return to Yemen and depart to the US from there?

I want to know this too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.