one...two...tree

Christina-Taylor Green’s mom: ‘This has to stop’

26 posts in this topic

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bla bla. Look,

#1 - It's sad that it happened to her family.

#2 - The connecticut families do NOT want her there. Actually, most are sick of any outsiders coming in when they just need to deal with their grief. She's NOT helping.

#3 - She's a moron who understands nothing about the second amendment. Just like every other left wing garbage on this board who wants an "Military-Style" weapons ban and prays each and every day for tyranny over those they disagree with in America.

Things happen in life. Mass shootings are still rare as hell and they aren't even really "mass" shooting when you look at the amount of people killed and injured. It's the smallest fraction of a fraction of the population who are even effected by one of these events, yet we have to change everything for everyone else... Please. Reactionist bullshit as usual.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Bla bla. Look,

#1 - It's sad that it happened to her family.

#2 - The connecticut families do NOT want her there. Actually, most are sick of any outsiders coming in when they just need to deal with their grief. She's NOT helping.

#3 - She's a moron who understands nothing about the second amendment. Just like every other left wing garbage on this board who wants an "Military-Style" weapons ban and prays each and every day for tyranny over those they disagree with in America.

Things happen in life. Mass shootings are still rare as hell and they aren't even really "mass" shooting when you look at the amount of people killed and injured. It's the smallest fraction of a fraction of the population who are even effected by one of these events, yet we have to change everything for everyone else... Please. Reactionist bullshit as usual.

Of couse, until it happens to you. But as always no matter how many lives are lost, you keep clinging to your guns.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Holy cow. I caught a bit of the Alex Jones interview on Piers Morgan (guy who wants to have him deported). The NRA might want to reach out to this guy and ask him to please not be a spokesman for them.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Of couse, until it happens to you. But as always no matter how many lives are lost, you keep clinging to your guns.

Actually, in case you missed it. A really good friend/former collegue of mine's son goes to that school/lives in Newtown. So it does hit close to home.

Reactionary bullshit never solves anything. It only jumps all over liberty because you feel because something happened to you, then it's going to happen to everyone else. You may not want it to happen again, but as I said, fraction of a fraction of the population things happen to. Doesn't mean that everyone else should be punished because of it. It's that BS social experiment garbage where if one kid in the class screws up, then the rest of the class has to miss out on something too. That's not how the real world works, nor should it.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Reactionary bullshit never solves anything. It only jumps all over liberty because you feel because something happened to you, then it's going to happen to everyone else. You may not want it to happen again, but as I said, fraction of a fraction of the population things happen to. ....

remind you of DHS/ TSA ?

Timeline

remind you of DHS/ TSA ?

Precisely.

It's just like the TSA scanners/Patdowns being needed because of the 'underwear bomber'

The guy didn't even get on a plane in the US and we overreacted to it!!!

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

I am from a town 25 miles from Newtown, and I was just back there last week. Our state is in mourning, and really, if you're not from there or living there, it's hard to understand the level of grief at the moment. Paul is right that outsiders with an agenda are seen as interlopers trying to make hay of what happened. However, there overriding dialogue is that something needs to be done, and that something is not more guns.

I'm trying not to comment on what happened in Newtown too much, because it hits too close to home. I know a family with children at the school, children who are thankfully safe but are going to need years and years of love and support and counselling. I personally know lawmakers who are trying to determine how to try to prevent something like this happening again. I know a cop who donated his time on Christmas Day so that a Newtown officer could at last have a day off. I even know the attorney who was involved in the aborted lawsuit against the state. It's a small state, and the degrees of separation are accordingly small. And even though I understand what Green is trying to do here, it smacks of insensitivity at this time.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am from a town 25 miles from Newtown, and I was just back there last week. Our state is in mourning, and really, if you're not from there or living there, it's hard to understand the level of grief at the moment. Paul is right that outsiders with an agenda are seen as interlopers trying to make hay of what happened. However, there overriding dialogue is that something needs to be done, and that something is not more guns.

I'm trying not to comment on what happened in Newtown too much, because it hits too close to home. I know a family with children at the school, children who are thankfully safe but are going to need years and years of love and support and counselling. I personally know lawmakers who are trying to determine how to try to prevent something like this happening again. I know a cop who donated his time on Christmas Day so that a Newtown officer could at last have a day off. I even know the attorney who was involved in the aborted lawsuit against the state. It's a small state, and the degrees of separation are accordingly small. And even though I understand what Green is trying to do here, it smacks of insensitivity at this time.

i also got back home to ct (rural northwest ct) for a visit before christmas. arrived there 2 days after it happened.

strongly agree with the mourning and the desire to keep the interlopers/ opportunists out. lots of family & friends had and still have questions about the incident (especially about the mom). common questions have centered on the mental health issue and media circus. not so much as the guns as we all grew up with guns and were taught accordingly. fwiw: when we were in school back in the stone-age, teachers & students had them in vehicles at school, and i even knew of a few teachers who carried inside the school and i'm sure there were others who carried. basically, it's agreed something needs to be done ... how do you identify and stop a demented and determined individual from inflicting harm? especially one who is willing to end their own life in the process.

i also got back home to ct (rural northwest ct) for a visit before christmas. arrived there 2 days after it happened.

strongly agree with the mourning and the desire to keep the interlopers/ opportunists out. lots of family & friends had and still have questions about the incident (especially about the mom). common questions have centered on the mental health issue and media circus. not so much as the guns as we all grew up with guns and were taught accordingly. fwiw: when we were in school back in the stone-age, teachers & students had them in vehicles at school, and i even knew of a few teachers who carried inside the school and i'm sure there were others who carried. basically, it's agreed something needs to be done ... how do you identify and stop a demented and determined individual from inflicting harm? especially one who is willing to end their own life in the process.

Completely agreed on all these points. I didn't grow up with guns (despite my grandparents both working for Mossberg) but there were family members who were hunters and I understood guns in that context only. I don't think anybody in CT is talking about a full-on ban. I think what is happening is a far less politically charged conversation than what is happening outside the state, which I find interesting. The rhetoric levels are pretty low.

You missed the snowstorms! I hadn't seen snow since my last visit in 2010, and then BAM! 6 inches.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357672451' post='5910036]

She's spent too much time in SoCal.

yr jellus tongue.gif

When it's snowing for 10 hours, I'd say that was a snowstorm. Not a blizzard. DID I SAY BLIZZARD? Plus in Southern CT, 6 inches is a decent amount of accumulation. 2-3" is more common.

SORRY H8RZ