E and Z

NOA2 what to do next?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiancé and I are a little confused as to what we should do next. I got a text 3 days about saying our petition was approved( we were both so surprised and excited!) I know it will take a week or so to get the NOA2 letter in the mail, but we were just trying to figure out what we do next. How will I know when NVC receives my case, and when they do, what do we do next? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Have you read the guides listed in the link above?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Wait a week, then start calling NVC. Follow post 1 and 2 in this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402383-nvc-filers-december-2012/

Keep calling twice a day until NVC assigns your case number. As soon as they tell you your case number, write this down. Then give them you and your spouse's email addresses. Then, ask for your Invoice Identification Number. Write this down. If they say they don't have an IIN yet, call back a little later or the next day and hopefully you'll get a different operator.

After you have been assigned a case number, email the DS-3032 from the Beneficiary's email address. Use the guide I mentioned for the email format.

I'm not doing K1, so I don't know what will be different for you. Once you have your NVC case number and IIN, you can go to https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case and to see if fees have been invoiced. I'm not sure if they include K1's in the "immigrant" or "non-immigrant" section.. try them both.

I hope I'm not giving you the wrong information.. the info I'm giving you is for IR1 cases. I haven't studied K1 cases.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I didn't call the NVC (thinking they are busy and overwhelmed already with the holidays), so I simply waited and after about 10 days, I got a letter from them saying that they had forwarded my approved K-1 petition to the appropriate country with a case number. Then another week and a half goes by and the consulate in my fiance's country sends him packet 3 to fill out. In the mean time, I sent my fiance via DHL original documents and a copy of the I-129F petition submitted and some of the proof of our relationship and the I-134 with the supporting documents (W-2, employment verification letter, and about 6 paycheck stubs). DHL is really fast (3 days) but really expensive ($90 for like 2 lbs), I don't even know if it was necessary to send it via DHL, but they are very reliable and no guessing on when they would deliver, so anyways it was done. When he got packet 3, he worked on the forms they sent him, had already scheduled the medical and got a recent police certificate. He mailed back what was needed in about 2 days. And about a week or so later, received the interview letter with a date. We weren't sure if they were supposed to send him packet 4 or if the interview appointment letter is packet 4, but anyways, we now have an interview. He completed and picked up his medical and had to get a bunch of shots (including the flu shot), which I think is now making him sick. Poor thing.

It went really fast, I was kind of surprised and am very happy that we now have an interview date on 1/17/13. Hopefully everything will go well!

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much for everyone's help. We got the NOA2 on January 2, but it was through text. I knew we would have to wait to receive the actual letter in the mail, but I just wanted to see what we had to do next. I saw that people said to call NVC about a week of getting the noa2, but I too figured they would be busy so I might just wait for the letter NVC sends.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much for everyone's help. We got the NOA2 on January 2, but it was through text. I knew we would have to wait to receive the actual letter in the mail, but I just wanted to see what we had to do next. I saw that people said to call NVC about a week of getting the noa2, but I too figured they would be busy so I might just wait for the letter NVC sends.

NVC will just assign you a case number & will forward the petition to the consulate/embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.