Venus123

does an oversea's fiance need to sign all doc and send it via mail or scanned copy will be fine

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

do i need to sign g325a, letter of intent, photos and then send over mail to fiance in usa where tey aply as package 129f or the scanned copies can also be used?

i also want to know what addresses should be mentioned on the letter of intent? if i am the oversea's fiancee is filling the form so the letter will be having whoes address and name on the top and address of filing location will be India or US?

how many times in the whole procedure we will be required to fill the letter of intent?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

do i need to sign g325a, letter of intent, photos and then send over mail to fiance in usa where tey aply as package 129f or the scanned copies can also be used?

i also want to know what addresses should be mentioned on the letter of intent? if i am the oversea's fiancee is filling the form so the letter will be having whoes address and name on the top and address of filing location will be India or US?

how many times in the whole procedure we will be required to fill the letter of intent?

For the G-325A and letter of intent, You need to sign them and send them to your fiance in the US. Scanned papers are not accepted. These are important papers that need to be signed. For filing the petition in the US, both the petitioner and beneficiary have to submit letters of intents with signatures. And during the interview at the embassy, updated letters of intent from both of you are also needed. You can see a sample letter of intent here on VJ. Just search that here. :)

Edited by sweetie811

Timeline

k, what about my notarized passport's and birth certificate's photo copy, can i send the scanned copies of it or i need to send the original notarized photocopies?

my passportsize photos, can he print if he has the soft copy or do i need to send my pictures hard copies also to his home address?

Edited by Venus123

[/q]

We did two letters of intent so it would be dated closer to the interview date. Original signatures means an actual signature--typically in blue ink--verses a copy. My wife sent her information to me via FedEX and then I sent all required information back to her via FedEx--total cost was $200.00 but that is the price we chose to pay for this process. Signatures are the only things that need to be original, everything else can be a copy and it does not need to be notorized as notorized only tells the person looking at the document that the signature is rue and correct. Very few notoraries do a certified copy anymore meaning they do not attest that the copy is a true and exact copy of the original. Without that statement notorarizing a docment is not worth the price and the USCIS will accept a normal photo copy.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

so you mean Dave we dont require to send the letter of intent with the package? and can't i sign with black ink and send the G-325a form via mail to my fiance?

so you mean Dave we dont require to send the letter of intent with the package? and can't i sign with black ink and send the G-325a form via mail to my fiance?

would you plz, let me know what all documents you included in ur package, i mean what all proves?

it's like we want to take the advice from the people who have already gone through this process...

It would be nice to know where in the process you are. For the petition sent to the USCIS we included the G-325A for both of us, a letter on intent to marry from both of us, a copy of my entire passport and a copy of my BC to prove I am a USC, boarding passes and stamps from the passport to show I visited her, and her visas and boarding passes to show she visited the US within the last two years, a completed I-129F, and a check for the fee made payable to: "US Department of Homeland Security."

What we sent to the Embassy is what they asked for and your Embassy may be different. We sent the DS-156, DS-156K, medical report, another letter of intent from both of us, my last 3 years worth of tax transcripts, the I-134 form. You can sign in black ink it is just that lawyers want you to use blue.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Case Progress subforum to K-1 Process forum -- questions involve procedures. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

do we need to include all proves that we intent to marry in US within my arrival of 90 days with the package to be submitted with 129F form? and even i would like to know how to show intent of marry in usa? by showing ceremony function planning,catering contracts all are they need to be included in the package or these proves are to be presented on my interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
do we need to include all proves that we intent to marry in US within my arrival of 90 days with the package to be submitted with 129F form? and even i would like to know how to show intent of marry in usa? by showing ceremony function planning,catering contracts all are they need to be included in the package or these proves are to be presented on my interview?
You have asked this in a separate thread (two, actually, one of which was removed as a duplicate). Please do your reading of the Guides, Sample Forms, and previous posts -- that's what they're all there for.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.