katchoo12

AOS (including AP and EAD) clarification

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got married on Dec 1st and we are ready to gather all is needed for the AOS (including AP and EAD) but before sending it I have a few things that needs to be clarified. I read almost all that there is to read about that part of the process but still have doubts as to what we have to send.

I enter the US on a K1 visa (129F)

Do we have to send proof of bonafide marriage in the AOS, AP, EAD packet ? So far we were able to get a joint account but nothing else. I find it hard to prove a bonnafide mariage since we have been married for only a month... Some says that proof of bonafide mariage are only needed for the interview and some says that we have to send everything in the packet. Can someone confirm for sure if we have to include proof of bonafide mariage in the packet or not ?

All help is very appreciated !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No.

there's an AOS thread in my signature. Proof of bonafide marriage is for the interview (if you get one).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

And if I don't get an interview ? I get an RFE ?

Thanks !

:)

Nope. See the AOS thread in my signature. I sent only what that list sent and was approved without RFE or interview in a reasonable amount of time for that time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.