arise

applying for nigerian visit visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJ's i really need some advice friends,

my fiance (USC) had applied for the nigerian visa at the atlanta embassy, we submitted everything (flight booking, hotel booking, an invitation letter, my Nig passport data page, bank details), with two money orders(cos she doesn't have CC) one for 160 and 30. The 160 was cashed and the application was sent back with d 30$ money order was returned back with the application and NO VISA< she tried calling the atlanta embassy, but no responce.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from K1 fiance visa to Africa Regional forum as specific to Nigeria ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes , Those Nigerian consulates could be very frustarting trying to reach someone on the phone. How far from ATL are you guys? I applied for a friend(USC) for my wedding four months ago in NYC and it was no hassle cos we went in person and got the visa the next day.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my fiance (USC) had applied for the nigerian visa at the atlanta embassy, we submitted everything (flight booking, hotel booking, an invitation letter, my Nig passport data page, bank details), with two money orders(cos she doesn't have CC) one for 160 and 30. The 160 was cashed and the application was sent back with d 30$ money order was returned back with the application and NO VISA< she tried calling the atlanta embassy, but no responce.

FIRST....DID SHE SEND IN HER PASSPORT WITH THE APPLICATION AND THE FEE...? NOW....WHAT DID YOUR INVITATION LETTER SAY?? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC. IF YOU WANT I CAN COACH YOU ON WHAT IT SHOULD SAY. SHE MAY HAVE TO RESUBMIT THE APPLICATION IF THIS WAS NOT DONE. I SUBMITTED MINE TO WASHINGTON DC. I GOT IT BACK IN THREE DAYS WITH THE VISA STAMPED IN MY PASSPORT. IT'S DIFFICULT GETTING THEM ON THE PHONE IN ATL AND WASHINGTON BUT SHE CAN TRY WASHINGTON. SEND ME AN INBOX FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS SO SHE CAN GET THAT VISA. I'LL HELP ALL I CAN.

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The passport wasn't noted, I was hoping they kept it for the visa. If you didn't send the passport or it was returned, was the money order from the US postal service ? If you check the immigration visa portal immigration portal Nigeria using your reciept details is the status paid ? I don't think they will issue a visa until the payment clears the Nigerian site. Most people pay online.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes , Those Nigerian consulates could be very frustarting trying to reach someone on the phone. How far from ATL are you guys? I applied for a friend(USC) for my wedding four months ago in NYC and it was no hassle cos we went in person and got the visa the next day.

we are in north carolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

It sounds like your request for a visa was denied. You need to find out why or try using TDS in Washington.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Check all the requirements listed below and see if anything was missing:

•Current Passport (with at least 6 months validity)

•Completed visa application form

•Confirmation of online payment

•2 passport size pictures

•Letter of invitation from host accepting full immigration responsibility

•Data page of host Passport,

•Confirmed Hotel reservation, if the applicant is not staying with host.

•Evidence of funds to cover stay in Nigeria (letter from bank etc.)

•Holders of non–US passports must provide proof of legal residency (photocopy of green card)

•Copy of airline ticket or flight itinerary.(WHERE APPLICABLE).

Also, please note according to the Nigerian Embassy website: NIGERIAN EMBASSY USA PORTAL

REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIAN TOURIST VISA:

All visa applications and payment of fees are to be made through the Nigeria immigration Website at https:portal://immigration.gov.ng. After filling the online form, print out the form and submit. Proceed to the payments section and make the payment. Be sure to print out confirmation of payment and attach to the application. These documents should be mailed to the Embassy with a PROCESSING FEE of $30.00 per applicant, in money order addressed to the Embassy of Nigeria.

And from immigration portal: NIGERIAN VISA IMMIGRATION PORTAL

THE USE OF MONEY ORDERS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN AN OPTION AVAILABLE TO OUR CUSTOMERS. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PRINT OUT THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION PAGE (TRACKING NUMBER PAGE) AS A HANDY REFERENCE IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA MONEY ORDER.

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS

All applications to be submitted by mail must be sent via an envelope with a tracking number. The application must also have a self-addressed prepaid FEDEX, UPS, or USPS EXPRESS MAIL return envelope. All visa applications posted to the Embassy MUST HAVE TRACKING NUMBERS. Do not attach a standard envelope and stamp, as the Embassy will send back the application, unprocessed.

Hopefully she filled out the application online and printed the tracking number page as this will/should give her instructions. And if not done so already, contact Lagoslove on the wording of the Invitation letter.

I have also found on different websites that the processing fee is $35.00 (not $30.00). For example, see here: TDS

Edited by Aya820

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.