Dumb/Dumber

Worse Case Scenario for those with NOID

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Fellow VJer's, My husband and I started on visa journey in November 2010. We were married in Turkey on October 16, 2010. He is the most amazing person I have ever known. I adore him and he treats me the way a husband should treat a wife. We have now spent over two years and nearly 3 months trying to get his visa. The only red flag we have is our age difference. We have had background checks after background checks. He has had a hometown visit and I have had a home visit. Our petition was returned to USCIS after his first interview in January 2012. We resubmitted more evidence in September 2012. I was last interviewed by homeland security on October 26th. Then on December 7th, I was notified that our petition had been transferred from California to my homestate of Tennessee. Still waiting for to be approved or denied. My Senator's office contacted them this week and they said they are working on the petition but they have not scheduled an interview yet. I am so very confused. I have never read about anyone else going through this type of process on NOID.

If there is anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me, please do.

Please do not make this post about the age difference. If that is the problem, then they should have denied this a long, long, long time ago.

I have read about many people waiting longer than me just for a NOID and they do not have an age difference. This post is to help all of us if we can hear from anyone that has any insight on this.

Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sorry you are still going through this. I do not have any answers for you. I just want you to know you are in my prayers.

Be prepared to fight at the local office. I have heard of people going there for NOA2 but never after a NOID.

I have seen where they told the american the husband was a con artist and I have seen the NOA2 given quickly.

Who knows what they have to ask you??? But I pray it is good news for you both.

I hope this is a great 2013 for you!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I hope you get some answers this week to this post.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I hope you get some answers this week to this post.

Thank you so much. If they are going to start transferring NOID to the local offices, I think this is important to talk about. I always appreciate you.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Timeline

You are right. I am glad you added the flag cause many people search by country posting for the day. So many of your posts are not seen.

Hopefully you will help others overcome this as you will soon overcome this also!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Be happy and confident. This is your chance to prove your love, relationship and marriage is real. Bring all the documents you have already submitted and bring alot more recent proof. Have everything organized and easy for you to find if they ask for a paper you can pull it our within a second.

They may just ask a few questions but do not leave. Give them more information. Just start talking about the times you lived with him and his family and what you know about his friends. Ask them if they need to see your letters from friends or your phone bills or chat logs or webcam pictures. OFFER OFFER OFFER and make them see the proof.

Also if they start grilling you and insulting you do not become offended and do not break down and cry!! Stay strong and confident. They may lie to you and say things like he is married just to see what you say. Protect him and his dignity. Tell them they are wrong.

Good luck

Please keep us posted.

I know this will be the final step before he gets to come here. You will do great!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Thank you so much for your advice. I have so much confidence in Umit. I know he loves me and I surely love him. It is like there is a strong rope joining our hearts together. I can feel it everyday.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i wish your case will be reaffirmed very soon , best luck !!! (F)

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also pray your case will be reaffirmed very soon and that things will go smoothly and he gets his visa. When we sent evidence for our NOIR our case was reaffirmed in 2 weeks. I don't know why they are taking so long with your case. Some people have an easy visa journey and others go through hell.

Timeline

i wish your case will be reaffirmed very soon , best luck !!! (F)

Thank you so much for your support. It means so much.

I also pray your case will be reaffirmed very soon and that things will go smoothly and he gets his visa. When we sent evidence for our NOIR our case was reaffirmed in 2 weeks. I don't know why they are taking so long with your case. Some people have an easy visa journey and others go through hell.

Yes Carolyn, you are so right. We just have to trust in God to give us strength. Thank you so much for always thinking of me during your long journey. Praying for us all.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have wanted to PM you in the past but I don't see a way to do that with your visa journey account. Your case has been handled very differently from mine but we both share the pain of being rejected by the government and not having our men here with us.

I just want to say how sorry I am for the way that you have both been treated and I pray that he will be home with you soon.

Timeline

I have wanted to PM you in the past but I don't see a way to do that with your visa journey account. Your case has been handled very differently from mine but we both share the pain of being rejected by the government and not having our men here with us.

I just want to say how sorry I am for the way that you have both been treated and I pray that he will be home with you soon.

I appreciate you so much. goldforhope@aol.com

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.