Penny Lane

First 2013 baby in France born to lesbian couple

25 posts in this topic

A woman in a lesbian relationship has given birth to the first baby in France in 2013.

The baby boy, named Sacha, was born on the morning of New Year’s Day between midnight and a minute past midnight at the Moulins Hospital Centre, in central France, the hospital announced.

Sacha, measuring 48.5 cm long and weighing 2.92 kilograms, was conceived through artificial insemination in Belgium.

His mother, Maude, has been in a civil union with her partner, Delphine, since 2010, according to the regional newspaper La Montagne.

Maude was admitted to the hospital at 5am on New Year’s Eve.

The couple is said to be hopeful the French parliament would soon pass a law allowing same-sex marriage so they could get married.

France’s national assembly is due to consider the bill later this month as supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage step up their campaigns.

Under current laws, Delphine has no legal status in relation to the child.

The following countries have already legalised gay marriage:

The Netherlands (2001)

Belgium (2003)

Spain and Canada (2005)

South Africa (2006)

Norway (2008)

Sweden (2009)

Argentina, Iceland, Portugal (2010)

Denmark (2012)

Nine US states, including Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Washington, have also legalised same-sex marriage.

http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/20130102-first-2013-baby-france-born-lesbian-couple

A cute story, good for them. :)

A cute story, good for them. :)

Yes no problem, good for them.

I wonder if here in the states, a woman has a baby and has nothing to do with the father, denies it's his, does not tell him etc, does he have any rights.

There goes the neighborhood.

You should learn some tolerance for things you don't agree with .

I wonder if here in the states, a woman has a baby and has nothing to do with the father, denies it's his, does not tell him etc, does he have any rights.

What does that have to do with this story?

You should learn some tolerance for things you don't agree with .

Anything to do with this thread?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/407209-man-who-donated-sperm-to-resist-state-petition-for-child-support/

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It wasn't born to a lesbian couple... One woman got knocked up by sperm somehow and the other 'half' biologically is a male. Sorry folks, two women cannot have kids. Not physically possible. A lesbian couple might take care of the child and might be allowed to do so by societal laws, but the child is hardly the product of two females.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

It wasn't born to a lesbian couple... One woman got knocked up by sperm somehow and the other 'half' biologically is a male. Sorry folks, two women cannot have kids. Not physically possible. A lesbian couple might take care of the child and might be allowed to do so by societal laws, but the child is hardly the product of two females.

:blink:

The article clearly states they used artificial insemination. Nobody claimed two women produced a baby. :rofl:

"Born to" and "produced by" are not the same things. Sorry this confused you enough to think the rest of us might be confused too.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

So a baby born to a hetero couple that had to use artificial methods because the male in that couple is sterile would not be considered a baby born to that couple? Still a baby born to a hetero couple just not to that hetero couple?

What does that have to do with this story?

well the story said the other partner had no Parental rights to the child. I was just curious if anyone knew what rights a father in the United States had legally, if the mother swore him off, but he wanted parenteral rights.

i already know the answer to that for gays in the U.S

I thought it was very germane to the story ?

Anything to do with this thread?

http://www.visajourn...-child-support/

Kind of sorta, but if the mother denies he is the father.

well the story said the other partner had no Parental rights to the child. I was just curious if anyone knew what rights a father in the United States had legally, if the mother swore him off, but he wanted parenteral rights.

i already know the answer to that for gays in the U.S

I thought it was very germane to the story ?

Wondering about the rights of a father to a child in the US whose mother wants nothing to do with him has very little to do with a lesbian couple in France having a baby.

Kind of sorta, but if the mother denies he is the father.

dna testing is available. why do you think men have no rights to their children in the u.s.?