Mary1964

Visa To Enter Philippians

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a US citizen who wants to visit the Philippians for longer than the 21 days that are given on the visa when you enter the country.

Can anyone tell me where to apply for a longer term visa to stay in the Philippians longer than 21 days? I could not find the exact site to do this or the requirements.

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a US citizen who wants to visit the Philippians for longer than the 21 days that are given on the visa when you enter the country.

Can anyone tell me where to apply for a longer term visa to stay in the Philippians longer than 21 days? I could not find the exact site to do this or the requirements.

Thank you

Hi, i think you can check or call the Embassy of the Philippines.

Heres the link.

http://philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#nonimmigrant

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i think you can check or call the Embassy of the Philippines.

Heres the link.

http://philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#nonimmigrant

:thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Thank you

Before you plan or buy a ticket you may search the right spelling of country name lol. I asked hubby where is Philippians.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43 check out this site... My fiance keeps on going to and fro Philippines since last year due to my delicate pregnancy..Are you from USA?If it is then before the expiration of your 21 days stay..you need to go to Bureau of Immigration in Ermita, Manila and pay an extention fee..check the fee from the link i sent you..it's their official website..hope it helps..

event.png

event.png

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43 check out this site... My fiance keeps on going to and fro Philippines since last year due to my delicate pregnancy..Are you from USA?If it is then before the expiration of your 21 days stay..you need to go to Bureau of Immigration in Ermita, Manila and pay an extention fee..check the fee from the link i sent you..it's their official website..hope it helps..

It doesn't have to be the office in Manila. You can go to any satellite office for Bureau of Immigration as well. I had to extend mine in Olongapo City. It was over P3000 for an additional 39 days. Whole process took about an hour. Not very friendly.

Timeline

It doesn't have to be the office in Manila. You can go to any satellite office for Bureau of Immigration as well. I had to extend mine in Olongapo City. It was over P3000 for an additional 39 days. Whole process took about an hour. Not very friendly.

oh yeah my mistake it depends on where are you gonna stay then u can pay to the nearest immigration office..thanks for correcting me...

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from Tourist visa to Phils regional forum as specific country related ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

oh yeah my mistake it depends on where are you gonna stay then u can pay to the nearest immigration office..thanks for correcting me...

No problem! It's a learning experience for everyone! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you've at least a month to spare you can always get the visa from the closest Philippine consulate. I went to the one in SF several years ago in person and got it handled within a day. If you send it through the mail it can take several weeks. It was good for up to 60 days stay.

It's a zoo trying to get it done in Manila. I wasted a day jumping from one line to the next back in September 2012. Make a copy of your passport info and arrival stamp if you plan to do it in PI, have a BLACK ballpen because they wont have any you can borrow(of course), but you can purchase them at the xerox area if you forget. Oh yes make sure you have Pants and Shoes on as well, no matter how hot it is. The guards won't let you in. Which they will point to the hand written sign should you get testy. You can always work with the street kids who work with the guards to rent some should you forget for a bargain price... I saw them provide some nice Neon Blue and Yellow Sweatpants to some guy for the price of how much you got....which he paid 200Php. The visa fee itself which was like 3300 Php or something around that price range.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Immigrations in Manila was busy for sure when I was getting my visa extension, I had no issue wearing shorts and tennis shoes when I went through back in March.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

People keep quoting about 3,000PHP, but I think it comes to considerably more than that. The government has fees upon fees and it appears that one must also pay a $50US fee for some sort of I-something card. Quickly adding it up it appeared to come to about $150US and I'm sure it is not pleasant (as posted about Manila but probably it's the same in the satellite offices)

So if you're going for more than the 21 days and you have several weeks left go before leaving go to

http://philippineembassy-usa.org/index.php?page=consulate-finder-main

Click on the consulate that you want depending upon where you live.

Once there find the Consular and Other Services Tab, click on it.

Look for Visa, non immigrant, click on it.

Find the "non-immigrant visa application," and open it.

The New York one though opens without instructions. To see the instructions go to:

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/our-services/visa/visa-classifications/non-immigrant-visa-and-requirements

(by the way, don't blame me if it's confusing--it's not my country)

Scroll down and open the application form for 2(a) or go to

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/our-services/visa/visa-classifications/non-immigrant-visa-and-requirements

The form is designed to be brought in hand to (in this case, New York) but it can be mailed BUT you must have the form notarized, though I do not really know if the notarization is done on a second page or hand written in by the Notary (Most banks will notarize things for you free if you have an account). I'm going to ask the notary to notarize and stamp the form and hand write stuff in.

Be careful also, in some places for proof of finacial capability it says different things:

"Proof of financial capability: latest bank statement, income tax return, pay stub, employment certificate from the employer indicating position and salary." In some areas the words "or" are used in others the words "and" are used which makes it strangely confusing.

I suspect that what they want to see is that you are loaded and I suspect that the pay stub (who even uses pay stubs? I printed a copy of my "stub" from my online payroll servicing company.) is the most important. If you don't have a paystub but have oodles in a bank or investment account that may work. They just want to know that you have $$.

It can be mailed in. The photo must be exact 2x2". The background must be white. No jewelry.

You must have a copy of your ticket/itinerarry to send with it.

I don't know if you need to send in your US Passport (you do when getting a visa to Thailand and then they stamp everything in it) but here since you are sending a photo I suspect that you only need to send a copy (can anyone confirm this please?).

The fee is $30 which is a steal compared to extending a 21 day visa.

You must also send in a return envelope with postage (not metered postage) the best is probably a pre-paid priority envelope.

They say turn-around time is one to two weeks so I'd allow three.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Juliet and Steve

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.