jobjones

Testing and Interview but no EAD?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I filed on Nov 22 2012.

Just got a email:

Testing and Interview

Your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed,

Where is the EAD?

There is no guarantee that the applicant will receive his/her EAD prior to the AOS interview. In fact, if your interview comes earlier than EAD, there is no point to use EAD when you pass the interview. The green card is all good to be used to apply for SSN and look for jobs. Happy holiday!

Just as the other person said. There's no guarantee. I got my EAD and interview date notice the same day in the mail. No email or text.

Filed: Timeline

@Jobjones: only god can tell you that! Really. There's nothing that can be precisely said about that. Some people get it in a week later, others longer. This is, along with getting EAD card, or not and when, are the most variable factors in the whole process...good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Same Here, i recieved the Interview date on Dec 6TH. and just today received the E-notification for the EAD card production... just for you to have an idea ( but as another lost soul said : "only god Knows") i received the letter with the appointment 5 days later after the e-notification.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

you will receive your EAD permanent resident card when your 1-485 is approved,

Actually that is not true. EAD is automatically approved based on a pending I-485 and it should normally take up to 60 days. Of course some take one week and other take over a month.

Citizenship Timeline

06/19/2013: N-400 Mailed

06/24/2013: Electronic Notification of Acceptance

06/24/2013: Status: Initial Review

07/18/2013: Biometrics Appointment in Elizabeth NJ

07/22/2013: Status: In line for Interview Scheduling

08/14/2013: Status: Interview Scheduled

09/23/2013: Interview date and Oath Ceremony - APPROVED

09/27/2013: Applied for first U.S. Passport at local USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.