kmossel

Netherlands filing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So I am filing my I-130 form for my husband in the next week or so. We are trying to get some information on what we can expect the process to be and how long it can take in the Netherlands. I am a US citizen and we have been married for 5 years. I moved to the Netherlands after we got married but we have plans to move back to the US in April. How long does this process take, and what can we expect? If we move in April my husband can stay in the US until July (the I-130 should go through by June according to the timeframe the USCIS gives) but what happens if it gets delayed and/or what should we do once we move to the US? Is it possible to get a temporary visa for him so he doesn't have to leave the country? What are our options...we won't have a place to live in the Netherlands after we move.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you us citizen husband has lived in the nethlands over 6 months you can file DCF.direct consulate filing there,you will be married CRI-R1.and is much faster

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

if you us citizen husband has lived in the nethlands over 6 months you can file DCF.direct consulate filing there,you will be married CRI-R1.and is much faster

I am a US citizen, filing for my dutch husband. I have lived in the Netherlands with him for the past 5 years.

Can I file DCF with the Counsulate in Amsterdam? I thought I was not able to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

Hi Kmossel,

No, the US Consulate in the Netherland no longer accepts DCF. However, since both you and your husband live in NL, you can file the I-130 petition to the lockbox in Chicago. Recent trends indicate that the petition will then be forwarded to the National Benefits Center. The NBC may forward the petition to a local Field Office (most likely Frankfurt) or decide to adjudicate the petition themselves.

The processing times for I-130s filed from abroad are rosy. We've seen petitions where the time between NOA1 (acceptance) and NOA2 (approval) was only 40 days. However, I do not think you will manage to enter the US with your husband on his greencard in April if you have not yet filed the I-130, because of the additional time it takes the NVC and the consulate to arrange all things needed to give your husband his visa. It is possible for your husband to travel to the US under VWP while the I-130 is pending, but since your Dutch address will be your post address (in order to be approved asap use your Dutch address), he can't be gone from there too long, or he would risk missing important documents. He'll also need to go in for his medical and his interview in the Netherlands. There is an additional risk that if you go to the US and your husband travels on VWP, he may be sent back at the border, because they're worried he'll try to immigrate illegally. If you want to prevent this from happening, make sure he still has proof of residence in the Netherlands (a lease or a mortgage, family relations, a return ticket) and make sure he goes back well before the end of his 90 days.

If you really need to be in the US in April, it may be the best to precede him and have him join you when he gets his greencard. Less chance of missing any correspondence from USCIS / NVC / consulate, and no chance of him being sent back at the border and losing his right to travel on VWP.

Good luck!

Edited by pluis

I have a blog!
My blog.

First date: May 31 2009
Moved in together: April 16 2011
Got married: November 25 2011

Sent I-130 (from abroad): November 5 2012
NOA 1: November 8 2012 (MSC / NBC)
NOA 2: January 2 2013

NVC case complete: April 15 2013
Interview date: June 25 2013
POE: ???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Before getting someone's hopes up by suggesting a DCF filing, you should check the list in the link below. If a country is not on that list, DCF is not available in that country.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.