IndiaTiger

India Police Clearance Certificate for NVC process

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello.

I filed for my parents in Sep 2012 and almost there I hope that NVC process should begin to start.

Does anyone know the process to obtain the PCC in India. If you have references that I can read through - will be helpful.

Additionally, if someone from Hyderabad, India is aware of the complete process and locations to obtain this - will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello.

I filed for my parents in Sep 2012 and almost there I hope that NVC process should begin to start.

Does anyone know the process to obtain the PCC in India. If you have references that I can read through - will be helpful.

Additionally, if someone from Hyderabad, India is aware of the complete process and locations to obtain this - will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scroll down to 'Police Records' here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs

tell your dad to go to the local police station and ask around. when we got my husbands (in delhi), we were sent to 3 different buildings before getting the person who knew what to do. dont be surprised if you have to pay a bit to get the paperwork done. (typical delhi style)

it should only take a few days once you do get the the right person.

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

PS you should wait a while to get the police certificate. it has to be within 30 days of your interview date. so if you get it now, by the time you have your interview it will be more than 30 days old and you will just have to get a new one. (trust me on this, we had to get a new one after the interview to clear our visa!)

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you searching for 'hyderabad' in the india forum using the search tool ? That should help you, really.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

PS you should wait a while to get the police certificate. it has to be within 30 days of your interview date. so if you get it now, by the time you have your interview it will be more than 30 days old and you will just have to get a new one. (trust me on this, we had to get a new one after the interview to clear our visa!)

Thank you. Did not know that - thought it was valid for 6 months.

So this can wait I think.

are you searching for 'hyderabad' in the india forum using the search tool ? That should help you, really.

Thanks, Yes I should try that definitely.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello.

Thanks,

Hello.. I recently got my PCC from hyderabad. It is actually a very simple process but getting a slot for it at the PSK is the difficult part.!!

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

This is the link of the site for PCC in hyderabad. The problem is that the slots open two days before at 4PM and within 2minutes about 2000 slots would be booked..!! And you would again have to try the next day. For about two days i tried, got vexed and directly went to Passport Seva Kendra in Toli Chowki(there are three-Ameerpet, toli chowki and begumpet and the the toli chowki one is the less crowded). I was told that from 9-11 there will be a direct walk in and no appointment slots would be required. But you should first register online, take a print out of it and take your passport and other required documents to the PSK. If you are there by 8 in the morning it should be good as you would the first in the line. But since you say it is for your parents and if they have a difficulty with walking, they will be directly allowed inside(at the discretion of the security guard. Guess he could be requested). PCC will be given to you on the same day. AS you said there is no hurry, you can keep on checking on the online slots everyday. Apparently sometimes they open at 3:45.!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in the same situation like u....want to apply for pcc ....I am near to Hyderabad...

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.