Joey17

How long should I wait for NVC case complete

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi there. I'm beneficiary from Malaysia and applying for spouse visa. NVC received our DS230 with all supporting documents on 14 Dec 2012. Here is some questions I need to know, please help!

1. How long should I wait for the interview appointment letter from NVC after NVC received DS230?

2. After received interview appointment letter, how do I make appointment? Call local US consulate to make appointment or make online?

3. When will be the appointment date after received the letter? 1 month after receiving the letter or 1 month after the letter issue? Can I make it earlier?

4. When will the visa deliver if the interview approved in Malaysia US consulate? In the same day or how many days after?

5. Should I go for my ussual medical check up before I go to the panel clinic check up? And bring them my medical report.

Thank you VJ member.

Joey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-3 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress forum -- K-3 visa is rare if not obsolete, and OP will almost certainly be on a CR-1 visa path. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi there. I'm beneficiary from Malaysia and applying for spouse visa. NVC received our DS230 with all supporting documents on 14 Dec 2012. Here is some questions I need to know, please help!

1. How long should I wait for the interview appointment letter from NVC after NVC received DS230?

2. After received interview appointment letter, how do I make appointment? Call local US consulate to make appointment or make online?

3. When will be the appointment date after received the letter? 1 month after receiving the letter or 1 month after the letter issue? Can I make it earlier?

4. When will the visa deliver if the interview approved in Malaysia US consulate? In the same day or how many days after?

5. Should I go for my ussual medical check up before I go to the panel clinic check up? And bring them my medical report.

Thank you VJ member.

Joey

1. Before an interview is scheduled, your case needs to be complete. If your AOS package has already been sent in and approved, then it's typically around 1-2 weeks after the IV package is sent in (if it's approved). So, you or your spouse needs to call NVC every day to inquire about this. Or, don't be proactive and just wait and wait and wait. Once your case is complete though and through the final review, your case is put into queue for the interview date to be assigned. The time for this always varies by embassy. You can do your own research here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Malaysia&dfile=No&adv=

2. You don't make the appointment, NVC does. That's what the interview letter is about. It contains the date and time your interview has been scheduled at the embassy.

3. Again, this varies by consulate. You need to do your research with the link I provided above for those going through Malaysia. Yes, you can make it earlier if you don't like it. You'll need to contact the embassy at that point and request for an earlier date. Whether or not it's granted is another story.

4. This again varies by embassy. Some people get it right away, most though have to wait a few days for it to be delivered. You need to look around the Malaysia portal and the embassy's site to figure this out.

5. A medical will be required before your interview and it has to be done at an approved panel physician. To learn more, choose the three letter embassy code from this drop-down: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

Timeline

Thanks a lot Saylin!! Your information is useful.

My husband called NVC on 31st and they said my case is completed on 31st. So happy to hear that. Now is waiting for Kuala Lumpur embassy to give an interview date. Hopefully I can get news from NVC in the next 2 weeks about the date. Any idea of what should I ready for my interview and what kind of questions they normally ask?

Thanks a lot Saylin!! Your information is useful.

My husband called NVC on 31st and they said my case is completed on 31st. So happy to hear that. Now is waiting for Kuala Lumpur embassy to give an interview date. Hopefully I can get news from NVC in the next 2 weeks about the date. Any idea of what should I ready for my interview and what kind of questions they normally ask?

Grats on the case complete! kicking.gif

Once you get an interview date scheduled, make an appointment for the medical. Get the documents for that ready now. You can also get the documents ready for the interview. What will take the longest (I'm assuming) is the proof of relationship. I don't know how hard Malaysia is, but bring as much as you can. Better to be over-prepared than under-prepared in this process.

As for questions, it again depends on how strict your embassy is. In Canada, the interview barely lasts five minutes and only basic questions are asked. In MENA countries, pretty much every question is asked and last hours. But, to get an idea of what is asked, review this wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Consular_Interview_Questions If you can answer every single question there, then you're pretty much good to go good.gif

Timeline

Thank you very much Saylin!!

Unfortunately, we haven't get the interview date yet since 8 days already passed. Will keep calling NVC.

I had go through the interview questions and preparation, there is a lots to prepare and I'm starting nervous about the interview now.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.