DigitalSxKitten

September filer getting moved around alot? Which processing time for CSC?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:bonk: How many time have you said this? Duh, no one can do their own research anymore, they just want the answer.

I dont come here to be talked to so rudely. If you look my original question was not about CSR's or ISO's. Darnell just offered that info to me as an extra help and I appreciate it. We all are going through a hard time here. Dont make it worse by being a jerk. Thank you.

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, I gotta tell ya, when I learned about The ISO I was really impressed.

Folk make infopass appointments at a local office, trying to get status on casefiles when it's at some national USCIS processing center (CSC, VSC, etc) and seem to glom on to the concept that the local office will 'know more' .

From what I've been reading here these 4 years, that's simply not the case. In that link, I learned that an ISO can see everything on a casefile (there are exceptions, of course) where a CSR has limited casefile access.

I also learned that an ISO at the National Call Center can see everything that a human at the local office can see, so I started (about 2 years ago) telling people that unless the casefile is at the local office, having a infopass appointment at a local office to learn of casefile status is useless - use a telephone, instead, and go over the casefile with an ISO. You can read about my MSC travels and ISO interactions over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394282-filed-i-130-yesterday/

Many times, it's exceptionally hard to get an ISO on the telephone, as ya gotta go through (and I do mean through) the CSR. For those folk with MSC casefile numbers, it seems enough to tell the CSR that you need detail info on the casefile, and you (the CSR) can't see any level of detail, and you (the petitioner) need to be transferred to an ISO.

It's also useful, when the TIME for adjudication is outside of the published norms, to get an ISO and see what's going on with the casefile.

As for BigDog's comments - look - I don't mind mentioning ISO along the way - I hope anyone reading my stuff will learn about ISO and pass it on to those coming up behind them. Sure - he could have lived for the day without writing that, but he's noticed the pattern, aye? I've become repetitive with the concept of 'get an ISO'. I'm ok with being repetitive, as it's helpful and I rarely throw heat into the conversation (about ISO, that is. I will throw heat if I see something silly or untoward going down).

Anyway ... the thing that truly sucks about getting an ISO - well there's two things, really:

1. you have to convince the CSR to transfer you. Many times, when I have done it, it's quite painful to the CSR, as I am in insistence mode.

2. once the transfer is made, yer on hold for a long time.

Happy Friday !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I dont come here to be talked to so rudely. If you look my original question was not about CSR's or ISO's. Darnell just offered that info to me as an extra help and I appreciate it. We all are going through a hard time here. Dont make it worse by being a jerk. Thank you.

Very well said! :thumbs:

Ya, I gotta tell ya, when I learned about The ISO I was really impressed.

Folk make infopass appointments at a local office, trying to get status on casefiles when it's at some national USCIS processing center (CSC, VSC, etc) and seem to glom on to the concept that the local office will 'know more' .

From what I've been reading here these 4 years, that's simply not the case. In that link, I learned that an ISO can see everything on a casefile (there are exceptions, of course) where a CSR has limited casefile access.

I also learned that an ISO at the National Call Center can see everything that a human at the local office can see, so I started (about 2 years ago) telling people that unless the casefile is at the local office, having a infopass appointment at a local office to learn of casefile status is useless - use a telephone, instead, and go over the casefile with an ISO. You can read about my MSC travels and ISO interactions over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394282-filed-i-130-yesterday/

Many times, it's exceptionally hard to get an ISO on the telephone, as ya gotta go through (and I do mean through) the CSR. For those folk with MSC casefile numbers, it seems enough to tell the CSR that you need detail info on the casefile, and you (the CSR) can't see any level of detail, and you (the petitioner) need to be transferred to an ISO.

It's also useful, when the TIME for adjudication is outside of the published norms, to get an ISO and see what's going on with the casefile.

As for BigDog's comments - look - I don't mind mentioning ISO along the way - I hope anyone reading my stuff will learn about ISO and pass it on to those coming up behind them. Sure - he could have lived for the day without writing that, but he's noticed the pattern, aye? I've become repetitive with the concept of 'get an ISO'. I'm ok with being repetitive, as it's helpful and I rarely throw heat into the conversation (about ISO, that is. I will throw heat if I see something silly or untoward going down).

Anyway ... the thing that truly sucks about getting an ISO - well there's two things, really:

1. you have to convince the CSR to transfer you. Many times, when I have done it, it's quite painful to the CSR, as I am in insistence mode.

2. once the transfer is made, yer on hold for a long time.

Happy Friday !

Once again thank u for all of this information, as it's great and very helpful!!

Timeline

Im starting to wonder if i really am at CSC been told so many different things at this point

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
USCIS
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

MONTREAL EMBASSY

Timeline

usually, an ISO can answer this question:

Where is my casefile, today?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Im starting to wonder if i really am at CSC been told so many different things at this point

It is important to talk to a supervisor if you really wanna know where your case is NOW. We were told once our case is in California, once that our case is probably at our local Embassy since we live abroad, and finally we talked to a supervisor, and they confirmed that our case was at NBC in Missouri. Actually, the lady transferred me without me even asking for a supervisor, maybe because I was confusing her :)

We are also Sept. filer, and we got approved on the 18th of Dec. Hopefully your approval is coming soon :thumbs: :thumbs:

As for the rude comments, just take what you need and leave the rest. There are always gonna be rude people, so just ignore them!

06/02/12 Married

USCIS

09/17/12 I-130 sent
09/21/12 NOA1 recieved via e-mail (CSC)

09/27/12 NOA1 hardcopy recieved
09/27/12 Case transferred to another office for processing (Jurisdiction)
10/03/12 Received notice of transfer. Transferred to NBC in Missouri
10/03/12 Checked USCIS.gov/Notice of transfer to another USCIS office for processing
12/19/12 NOA2!!!!!

01/07/2013 NVC recieves the case
01/24/2013 Got the Case and IIN #
01/24/2012 E-mailed DS-3032

01/24/2013 AOS bill invoiced
02/07/2013 DS-3032 e-mail accepted
04/15/2013 AOS and IV fees payed

05/15/2013 AOS and IV packages sent

05/29/2013 CASE COMPLETE

06/04/2013 Interview date set for July 30th 2013

07/27/2013 Medical completed

07/30/2013 Interview APPROVED!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Ive spoke with many ISOs all with a different answers. Spoke with one today that told me I was at NBC Misssouri. So Should I be going off NBC timeframes or CSCs...at this point Im just like..its gonna happen when it happens I just wanted to know which timeframe of filers I could be following for updates lol

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
USCIS
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

MONTREAL EMBASSY

Timeline

if it's at MSC, it's at MSC.

Good on you for asking where the casefile is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.