griffy

Moscow Embassy. No available interview times

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So we are waiting for our email from the russian embassy to go ahead and schedule an appointment. We tried to speed the process up a little and time it right and go ahead and schedule an appointment online. We logged in and it shows no time available for the next 4 months. I called the call center and they stated they do not show any available time slots over the next 4 months either. They said it was strange and would address it with us when we get our email from the embassy. They stated it could take 60 days for us to get the email from the embassy to schedule our interview. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I really cant imagine they suddenly have no open interview spots for 4 months. Obviously our approval will have expired by then. Any suggestions on this issue? This holiday season has been very frustrating. It seems to have caused more delays with our K-1 process.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Obviously our approval will have expired by then. Any suggestions on this issue?

This is one item you don't need to concern yourself with, the Embassy has the ability to re-validate the petition if an interview has not yet taken place.

Re-validation of petitions is common and routine.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

So we are waiting for our email from the russian embassy to go ahead and schedule an appointment. We tried to speed the process up a little and time it right and go ahead and schedule an appointment online. We logged in and it shows no time available for the next 4 months. I called the call center and they stated they do not show any available time slots over the next 4 months either. They said it was strange and would address it with us when we get our email from the embassy. They stated it could take 60 days for us to get the email from the embassy to schedule our interview. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I really cant imagine they suddenly have no open interview spots for 4 months. Obviously our approval will have expired by then. Any suggestions on this issue? This holiday season has been very frustrating. It seems to have caused more delays with our K-1 process.

It could be that the Embassy uses a computer system that cannot deal with next year untl 2013 actually arrives. They may have to run a process on New Year's or January 2nd to set up the schedule for 2013. Our payroll cannot give us our floating holiday or persona leave days until the new year and you have to take them before the last pay period in the same year all because of the way the software handles dates. I would check after the new year and see if thi is still the case. The Embassy can extend the validity of the petition as they see fit.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

I realize they can renew my approval. As you all understand the thought of further delays is a huge stress. We already had one delay at the NVC and now it seems we are experiencing more delays. I have asked my attorney to send an email asking for escalation due to a few concerns with my fiance and her son. I will see what happens. I do know they will be closed for most of the week and next week due to the holidays. I wish my employer would let me celebrate american holidays and a few russian holidays as well. I realize we all have to have patience, but at some point I would love to see a little action on their side.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Consulates in Ukraine and Russia release interview times in "blocks" which depend on the demand at the time. Sometimes in 2 week blocks, sometimes in 2 month blocks. It could just be they have not opened the next blocks of times. You can check the Moscow consulate website for estimated interview times. If it really is a 4 month wait (it could be, it was 3 months for us in Kiev) then you can request an earlier interview date if one is available and have your fiancee go to get her medical in advance so she is ready (medical exams are good for one year, for either the interview or AOS) Get her police certificates, etc and be prepared to take an interview on short notice.

While we waited 3 months, 50% longer than we waited for the NOA2, our son (K-2 to follow) 10 months later could have had a "same day" interview, it can vary that much!

As far as your petition approval, as long as you make an interview appointment before it expires you are fine...also you can extend the approval in four month increments by simply requesting the consulate do so. Don't worry about that. Holidays DO cause delays, it is true.

Also keep in mind that your K-1 process does not BEGIN until the visa is issued. You will have a four year process of waiting and doing this after the visa is issued...get used to it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I realize they can renew my approval. As you all understand the thought of further delays is a huge stress. We already had one delay at the NVC and now it seems we are experiencing more delays. I have asked my attorney to send an email asking for escalation due to a few concerns with my fiance and her son. I will see what happens. I do know they will be closed for most of the week and next week due to the holidays. I wish my employer would let me celebrate american holidays and a few russian holidays as well. I realize we all have to have patience, but at some point I would love to see a little action on their side.

You are going to need a LOT more patience. There is nothing much your attorney can do, or ever could.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Everyone wants to be at the front of the line, but only one can be....imagine all the other requests for jumping the queue...

Timeline

Thanks Gary, I am trying to be patient. As you know it can be very frustrating. Our attorney can only do one thing and that is make the request to expedite. I do know from other members they have been successful in getting an interview quicker by doing so. It is good to know their process in releasing interview times. The sad thing is I was able to see them about 3 weeks ago for december. But after our file was sent to the embassy the interview dates were all gone and nothing going forward. I am not too worried about the approval expiring. I understand that part of the process at this point. I look forward to the next 4 years of the process. At least she will be here with me at that point. anyway, hopefully they will release some dates soon and hopefully we will get the ok to schedule this week. I really hope we dont have to wait until after the holidays to even get that notification.

Timeline

Well, I finally heard from the embassy today. They told me to go ahead and schedule our interview. Of course they also stated their are no times. lol. But that February interview times will be opening up soon. So go ahead and wait is what they meant. At least we finally heard from them. It seems they took there time letting us know they had our application since there were no times available. So I can plan on sometime in Feb. I assume that will be the case for the rest of you waiting on moscow. :wacko:

Everyone wants to be at the front of the line, but only one can be....imagine all the other requests for jumping the queue...

Queue?! In Russia, what the hell is a queue?!:rofl: It is typically a mob scene with the boldest getting to go first.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

griffy, I am currently dealing with the same exact problem.

Embassy confirmed they received petition, send me the general email. I paid 240$, filled DS160 online, registered for that crazy website, and when I get to the schedule window its empty for as far as one cares to scroll it.

Suspecting that they either disabled it for the holidays or that there is no "block" posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.