RichF

Preparing the Petition Packet

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we are preparing our Petition Packet and I have just been photocopying evidence that we have met and are in a relationship.

We plan on sending the packet shortly after I arrive in the US on Dec 25th ( obviously will have to wait a couple of days till the USPS Postal office opens).

I just wanted to run by what evidence we have included so far and to see if those with experience think we have enough for the initial packet.

Evidence so far:

- Photocopies of boarding passes from my two previous trips to visit amber and a copy of the boarding pass from my outward journey and luggage id sticker from the inbound journey from the vacation i went on when me and amber finally got to meet back in july 2011.

- Photocopies of my passport entry stamps and visa pages including my J1 stamps as i was on a J1 when me and amber met online.

- Photocopies of my airline booking confirmations including the one for this months trip

- Photocopies of the Engagement ring receipt.

- Photocopies of the email confirmation from Wicked in london that we went to see in August

- Photocopies of the hotel reservation for london

- Photocopies of skype and facebook chat messages. I have just selected a few pages from the hundred or so we actually have as I had heard these are more useful at the embassy rather than the initial packet.

What do you all think?

Will this suffice or do you think we need other evidence.

Thanks

Rich

2008 - Met Amber Online Whilst I Was Working in GA.

07 - 2011 - Met For The First Time Whilst I Was On Vacation in FL

12 - 2011 - Visited Amber for a Week

04 - 2012 - Spent 10 Days in SC - Engaged

08 - 2012 - Amber visited UK for 16 days.

12-2012 - Spending 14 days in SC -Wedding Planning

http://4000milesmakestheheartgrowfonder.wordpress.com

Timeline

Oh and I am printing 10 pictures of us from various places to add into this

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we are preparing our Petition Packet and I have just been photocopying evidence that we have met and are in a relationship.

We plan on sending the packet shortly after I arrive in the US on Dec 25th ( obviously will have to wait a couple of days till the USPS Postal office opens).

I just wanted to run by what evidence we have included so far and to see if those with experience think we have enough for the initial packet.

Evidence so far:

- Photocopies of boarding passes from my two previous trips to visit amber and a copy of the boarding pass from my outward journey and luggage id sticker from the inbound journey from the vacation i went on when me and amber finally got to meet back in july 2011.

- Photocopies of my passport entry stamps and visa pages including my J1 stamps as i was on a J1 when me and amber met online.

- Photocopies of my airline booking confirmations including the one for this months trip

- Photocopies of the email confirmation from Wicked in london that we went to see in August

- Photocopies of the hotel reservation for london

- Photocopies of skype and facebook chat messages. I have just selected a few pages from the hundred or so we actually have as I had heard these are more useful at the embassy rather than the initial packet.

What do you all think?

Will this suffice or do you think we need other evidence.

Thanks

Rich

Hi, you will need to copy the entire passport, from front to back even the blank pages, your letter or intent to marry from both of you, pictures of you two together with dates and description on the back, divorce decrees if applicable, obviously the necessary forms 1-129F (I-129F Supplement Part B #18)and G-325A form for each of you with passport style photo of each with name on back.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Timeline

Hi, you will need to copy the entire passport, from front to back even the blank pages, your letter or intent to marry from both of you, pictures of you two together with dates and description on the back, divorce decrees if applicable, obviously the necessary forms 1-129F (I-129F Supplement Part B #18)and G-325A form for each of you with passport style photo of each with name on back.

I hope this helps.

Hey

Thanks for that.

All our forms and letters are ready to go. Its just the evidence of relationship i was worried about.

As the beneficiary i dont require a full copy of my passport do I? From what the guide on the site says its just the USC who needs to provide that.

Responses in red below:

Evidence so far:

- Photocopies of my airline booking confirmations including the one for this months trip The boarding pass(es) and/or passport stamps are better evidence.

- Photocopies of the hotel reservation for london Do you have the actual hotel receipt instead?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Responses in red below:

I have photocopied the receipt i received for the room security deposit if thats any use.

What are your thoughts regarding the skype chat and facebook chat messages. How much of this did you include?

I have also copied a customs postage declararation from a parcel amber sent too me. Thought that may be of some use.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I hope this helps.

You do not need to copy the entire passport if you are submitting a birth certificate. I would include the bio page if you are doing photocopies of the stamps.

For our approved I-129F we submitted 2 photos, 2 sets of boarding passes, his passport stamp (since I travel on my UK passport they don't stamp it going into Europe), and train ticket stubs from going from Copenhagen to Aarhus to meet him. That was fine and there was no RFE.

IMO, from a low fraud country, you don't need to go over board with chats and things.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I have photocopied the receipt i received for the room security deposit if thats any use.

What are your thoughts regarding the skype chat and facebook chat messages. How much of this did you include?

I have also copied a customs postage declararation from a parcel amber sent too me. Thought that may be of some use.

Including the hotel receipt would be great. I didn't include any Skype or FB items. I had my passport, a hotel receipt, boarding passes from our trips, and about a dozen digital photos that I organized into PowerPoint slides with the dates and locations, which then printed it out for the petition package.

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

You do not need to copy the entire passport if you are submitting a birth certificate. I would include the bio page if you are doing photocopies of the stamps.

For our approved I-129F we submitted 2 photos, 2 sets of boarding passes, his passport stamp (since I travel on my UK passport they don't stamp it going into Europe), and train ticket stubs from going from Copenhagen to Aarhus to meet him. That was fine and there was no RFE.

IMO, from a low fraud country, you don't need to go over board with chats and things.

Thankyou so much for your help

Including the hotel receipt would be great. I didn't include any Skype or FB items. I had my passport, a hotel receipt, boarding passes from our trips, and about a dozen digital photos that I organized into PowerPoint slides with the dates and locations, which then printed it out for the petition package.

Thankyou so much for your Help.

The powerpoint idea sounds a fantastic way of presenting the pictures. I take it you just had the pictures and the date/location on each slide

The powerpoint idea sounds a fantastic way of presenting the pictures. I take it you just had the pictures and the date/location on each slide

Yep. I used one of the nicer PPT templates and just added "Portland, OR: July 2011" or "London, UK: April 2011" as the caption and then put a couple of photos on the slide.

Coming Soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey

Thanks for that.

All our forms and letters are ready to go. Its just the evidence of relationship i was worried about.

As the beneficiary i dont require a full copy of my passport do I? From what the guide on the site says its just the USC who needs to provide that.

No, the beneficiary is not required to send a copy of the pages of their passport. Just do a copy of your bio page to show it is your passport, and the pages with the stamps you need to show.

The USC can use a copy of their birth certificate, naturalization OR a copy of all pages of their US passport. That is for proving they are a USC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yep. I used one of the nicer PPT templates and just added "Portland, OR: July 2011" or "London, UK: April 2011" as the caption and then put a couple of photos on the slide.

Thanks for that. I've put something together with about 8 slides. Did you print it a page per slde or 4 to a page? Thans again

No, the beneficiary is not required to send a copy of the pages of their passport. Just do a copy of your bio page to show it is your passport, and the pages with the stamps you need to show.

The USC can use a copy of their birth certificate, naturalization OR a copy of all pages of their US passport. That is for proving they are a USC.

Thanks for that. So far i've photocopied my visa pages and stamps. So i'll photocopy the Biog page tonight and put it in there.

Thanks for that. I've put something together with about 8 slides. Did you print it a page per slde or 4 to a page? Thans again

Thanks for that. So far i've photocopied my visa pages and stamps. So i'll photocopy the Biog page tonight and put it in there.

I had a total of 7 pages/slides with 1-2 photos on each.

Coming Soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.