More+Muyi

Proof of Wedding Plans

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear VJ Members,

My fiance's interview is in January, and we are currently compiling all our evidence. I am wondering how we can show that we are planning a wedding when our plan is to have a small court wedding and celebrate with close family and friends. Is there anything we can provide to show we will have a court wedding? We are going through Lagos consulate so we want to provide as much evidence as possible.

I appreciate your responses

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Dear VJ Members,

My fiance's interview is in January, and we are currently compiling all our evidence. I am wondering how we can show that we are planning a wedding when our plan is to have a small court wedding and celebrate with close family and friends. Is there anything we can provide to show we will have a court wedding? We are going through Lagos consulate so we want to provide as much evidence as possible.

I appreciate your responses

This proof is not necessary as long as you both provided signed new letters of intent to marry.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I've seen sample questions that are asked it amazes me they ask questions like these: What is the wedding date? Where is the wedding going to be held?

How can you plan something, when you don't know the date your fiancee will be arriving in the states. Big weddings take many months to plan. I told my lady that if they ask this question, you can tell them it will be about 6 weeks after I arrive there. Hopefully I'll be there in the summer so we can have a cookout with all of our family and friends :)

Aug 2, 2011 - Met online via a mutual friend.
Dec 2, 2011 - Vivian traveled to USA to attend a medical conference and had our first date. On Dec 10, 2011 - Vivian returned home.
May 15,2012 - Vivian traveled to USA to spend a month with me. smile.png
Sep 15,2012 - Met Vivian in Frankfurt Germany and on to Prague Czech Republic to celebrate our birthdays.
Sep 24, 2012 - Left Viena Austria. The last time I was with Vivian.
Nov 11, 2012 - Mailed in I-129F
Nov 19, 2012 - NOA1 recieved

June 13, 2013 - NOA2 approved.

June 17, 2013 - NOA2 hard copy received.

June 25, 2013 - Consulate received
July 7, 2013 - Packet 3 received

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 sent

July 28, 2013 - Packet 4 received

Aug 22, 2013 - Interview scheduled and APPROVED!!! kicking.gif

Sept 17, 2013 - Visa in hand

Sept 18, 2013 - Traveled to USA - Arrived at Dulles Airport in Virginia.

Sept 20, 2013 - Wedding!!!

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This proof is not necessary as long as you both provided signed new letters of intent to marry.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

They asked my wife at the interview, and all she said is as soon as possible. They asked the same thing at POE and she answered the same way. The guy at POE just said "awesome".

For Lagos we were asked for specific details, as were others interviewed around our same time. Even if he has nothing to show he should know details such as a venue and such. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.