MrMrsKnight

The blues....

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dave and I talk every night using webcamera on msn.... it's always great! We watch movies, play games, watch regular tv, laugh, listen to music and fall asleep together every night watching Friends... we have a great time every night. He's a great person to be with and often surprises me with something.

And that's how last night went... but when it was almost time to go to bed we just couldn't help it. He got sad because we miss each other so much. The smell, the touch.....

I try to be strong but we all know that, even knowing we'll be together again eventually, it's very hard to keep the tears away for very long.

We plan to see each other soon.... meet in Europe maybe. But I want my life with him back, I don't want it to be on hold anymore.

I just want to hold his hand to cross the street, kiss him to keep his mouth shut stopping him from making fun of me when I say something stupid, have someone to look at and laugh with when something funny happens. It's like a part of my soul is missing and I can't get used to that!

I know I'll feel better tomorrow, or at least control it better. But right now I can't help it.....as I wait for him to get home from work, I wish he'd knock on this door instead of an image behind the screen.

Just sad.... that's all. :(

And very much in love...

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yep... know how that feels... *sigh* :crying:

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I know how you feel, I think we all probably do. I try and take one day at a time, and when one day is really bad I just say to myself, tomorrow will be better, and all this sadness that I am going through will be worth it in the long run. Because in the long run, my sweetheart will be with me for the rest of my life. No more web cam, no more phone conversations, just he and i together in the same place at the same time. That will be well worth the sadness and pain that I am going through at this moment to get him here with me. So, try and keep you head up, i know it is hard, and try and have good thoughts about your future together.......I know this helps me get through day to day.....and remember we are all here for you when you need us.

Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

It's like a part of my soul is missing and I can't get used to that!

I know I'll feel better tomorrow, or at least control it better. But right now I can't help it.....as I wait for him to get home from work, I wish he'd knock on this door instead of an image behind the screen.

Just sad.... that's all. :( And very much in love...

Oh great you went and made me cry! Yep I know exactly what you mean. I hate being a newlywed in an empty bed. Well, me and the cat, and then empty... but anyway. I feel your pain. I am jealous that you guys have webcam visits!! My husband is not a techie person at all, I'm lucky to get the occassional email squeeked out of him... but anyway - I can relate, I guess we all can.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep your chin up, I know what H...ll I was going through last year. I was not sure what was going to happen and I went from saddness to anger, to numbness, apathy , and boy did I take it out on my friends sometimes when they asked how the Visa was going, when It wasn't going anywhere it seemed.

I wish you friendship and hope through this trying time in your life,

Blessed Be,

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
(F) hang in there honey. It's so so difficult, but you'll be together soon.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Some days are worse than others. I think worse is that I had mentally prepared myself for us being together already at this point. But after the interview in January, they asked for fingerprints and said it woudl take another 4-6 weeks. I had already mentally prepared myself for being together by V-Day, watching the Olympics together, celebrating our 6 month wedding anniversary together, having him experience St. Patrick's Day etc. And I have to be patient and remind myself that is not going to happen.....yet

But I do wake up EVERY morning grateful that I have someone who loves me as much as he does. Grateful that I found my needle in the haystack (as one of my friends described it). Grateful that even though we are not yet together, we have our whole lives together, and its only a few more weeks to go (fingers crossed!).

I think another hard part is that he is sooooo far. It is not even as if I can jump in the car and drive into Canada to see him. Or take a short plane ride (and to me, short is anytime under 8 hours! lol) and spend a long weekend together. I am envious of the people who can do this. So if you do live close to your loved one, be grateful that you are not separated by as many miles others are (16,000 miles in my case!). It is hard for us to use messenger or webcam except on an occassonal weekend because there is such a time difference. For calls I have to recharge my prepaid phone card every third day!

And yes...moondancer, I too am tired of people asking "is he here yet?". At this point, I just sigh and say "I'll let you know when he is here, please stop asking!!"

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Life is about learning and living. Take what you can from the experience and remember...the fruit of hard labor (in this case, long waiting!) is always sweeter! :star:

Edited by pbgirl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Me and my fiance do the webcam thing alot too. The hard part is its not as often as Id like it to be. He doesnt have a computer at home so he has to go to internet cafes. Its always so exciting when we first turn them on, but when its time to go my heart drops when i see the cam box on his end go black. :( Our biggest thing is text messeging, we do it about 50 times a day, and its frustrating because you just cant say everything you want in 160 characters and constantly abbreviating everything.

Nights are always the hardest, i even let my 10 year old sleep in the bed with me sometimes just so i can feel someone next to me, i got so used to shareing a bed with my fiance, that when it was empty i slept on the couch for 2 months just to avoid the emptiness of the bed.

Its hard for all of us, but it will get better. Just hope it is soon.

Hugs,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

aw man... my heart is breaking... i too miss my Jamal... and i try to keep myself busy... and not think about the loneliness... the hardest part is at night... not having him beside me... I miss him so much... and coming back to this thread this morning... made me cry...

I wish all of us the best... and I am praying that we all will be with our loved ones soon!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We were in the same situation for 3 years, we would meet summer time in Romania and then webcam webcam webcam, I used to hate it, I wanted to just throw the monitor out the window. It feels so good now to be together every night, to not be dependent on computers and phones. This will eventually be over for those of you who are still going through it, and being together will be so much better ... you will appreciate having the one that you love next you every day. ..

........it is hard, I don't even want to remember those times

Octa and Nicu

I-129F Interview..........04-25-2005

US Entry......................05-19-2005

Marriage......................07-16-2005

Filed AOS/EAD..............08-16-2005

Received EAD................11-28-2005

AOS Interview...............05-15-2006

Received Green Card.....05-25-2006

The way to find out if you love someone or not, is by talking to them.

The more you talk to them the more you either hate them or love them.