7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to get my I693A filled at a doctor in Cleveland. The nurse there giving me a real hard time saying I needed a whole new medical. Stated that I just had one in June and that it's good for a year. She then said well you also need at TB test that is done IN THE USA. I got it cause she was being a real B****. My six year old daughter needed one also. Did anyone else have to get a TB test also. You would think the xray is more reliable that they took at the medical. Anyways I wll be getting it read monday.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I went to get my I693A filled at a doctor in Cleveland. The nurse there giving me a real hard time saying I needed a whole new medical. Stated that I just had one in June and that it's good for a year. She then said well you also need at TB test that is done IN THE USA. I got it cause she was being a real B****. My six year old daughter needed one also. Did anyone else have to get a TB test also. You would think the xray is more reliable that they took at the medical. Anyways I wll be getting it read monday.

Nah I didn't get another TB test ... All I got them to do was transfer the info from the paperwork I got in Canada to the I-693a form ... One nurse was actually being a B^&TH and she eventually called her supervisor and I over heard her conversation and she was complaining but eventually came back and did what they were suppose to ... It only ended up costing my $10 ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You only need vaccinations that are medically appropriate based on age and if they were not given at your first medical - they are not required to be done in the US if they were already done. Maybe you should print out the appropriate page from travel.state.gov and educate the nurse on the law.

the ppd (tb test) is not a vaccination (an attempt at promoting immunity)... it is a screening for tuberculosis...

my husband came over from holland... he had an xray with his medical, but no ppd... other than the xray possibly not being very clear, i cant imagine why the nurse would have insisted on a ppd...

on the brighter side, the ppd is less damaging than an xray... while in nursing school, i was required to have one every 6 months... now, im lucky to only have one each year...

hope your test comes out negative ;)

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
the ppd (tb test) is not a vaccination (an attempt at promoting immunity)... it is a screening for tuberculosis...

my husband came over from holland... he had an xray with his medical, but no ppd... other than the xray possibly not being very clear, i cant imagine why the nurse would have insisted on a ppd...

on the brighter side, the ppd is less damaging than an xray... while in nursing school, i was required to have one every 6 months... now, im lucky to only have one each year...

hope your test comes out negative ;)

Thanks, for your reply. I knew it was a screening just can't imagine why I would need it when I have the xray in my hand. And also why my six year old would need the screen also. The girl who did it, didn't even get it all in my daughters arm .............. so unprofessional.

Edited by Buttons

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Hello Buttons,

which Doctor did you visit in Cleveland and would you recommend I should visit a different one? I am just curious after hearing your story.

I came over here with a K3, had my medical in Germany in January, just got my interview letter yesterday and now, I want to get that I-693A filled in. Is that actually all, I need to do?

~Anja

Anja (Magdeburg, Germany) and Hank (Richmond Heights, OH, USA)

Met in September 1996

Together since June 25, 1997

Jul 23 2005 - Married in Magdeburg

Removal of Conditions

Dec 19'08 - Mailed I-751 Package

Dec 22'08 - NOA date

Dec 24'08 - Check cashed

Jan 07'09 - NOA in mail

Jun '09 - Biometrics/10 year Greencard issued and sent in mail

AOS Process

May 30'06 - AOS package sent including EAD

June 7'06 - NOA1 Date for EAD and AOS

June 8'06 - both checks were cashed

June 9'06 - NOA1 in mail

June 22'06 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD in Cleveland

June 24'06 - both cases touched

Sept 12'06 - INFOPASS - interim EADs no longer issued in district offices :-(

Sept 21'06 - EAD finally approved according to Email by USCIS after 114 days

Sept 28'06 - EAD arrived in Mail

Oct 03'06 - Applied for SSN

Oct 10'06 - Received SSN card in mail

Nov 6'06 - Received Interview Letter

Jan 5'07 - Interview Date - approved

Jan 5'07 - CRIS email: welcome notice mailed

Jan 10'07 - CRIS email: Card was ordered on Jan 9'07

Jan 18'07 - Greencard in Mail (dated Jan 12'07)

Filed: Timeline

From page 1 of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf ...

Exceptions: If you are applying for adjustment of statusunder the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, youmay choose to have either a chest x-ray or a skin test.

And from somewhere else on the USCIS website, it does indeed say that as a K1 visa holder, you do not need to have another full medical done as long as your original one was done one yr or less before your AOS application.

I've had bad experiences with one of the medical offices here in northern CA (they had no idea what they or we were talking about), so we just called around and went to another one!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.