Myron

I-864 form

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm ready to fill out my I-864 form I will have to list my last 3 yrs of income and this year is the only year I actually succeed in meeting/passing the minimum poverty guidelines, which is 18,910. give or take. My question is .. Will I be forced to have a co-signer if I pass the guidelines by 10,000 and have over 10,000 saved??? I don't and wont be able to have a co-signer if asked to come up with one.:( Has anyone been in my place and succeeded in getting there loved ones here in to the USA on their own?? thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You need to make 125% of the poverty guidelines. You don't get a "co-signer" you get a joint sponsor who must meet the guidelines on their own merits.

You need to make 125% of the poverty guidelines. You don't get a "co-signer" you get a joint sponsor who must meet the guidelines on their own merits.

Yes I know.. the 125% is 18,910 I will make almost 30,000 this year. Just wondering if the last past years matter or It's just this year that really counts..

Yes I know.. the 125% is 18,910 I will make almost 30,000 this year. Just wondering if the last past years matter or It's just this year that really counts..

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I wish when people answered questions they were clear about the answer so that the OP doesn't get more confused.

Yes, Myron you should be fine, it is this years income, your current income, that matters. They will know the information for past years but your current salary/income is what matters.

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

I wish when people answered questions they were clear about the answer so that the OP doesn't get more confused.

Yes, Myron you should be fine, it is this years income, your current income, that matters. They will know the information for past years but your current salary/income is what matters.

ok thank you Roosha

Filed: Timeline
1355376012[/url]' post='5869129']

Sorry not to be rude but your statement is a bit funny to me bolded above, as I had to correct a misleading answer you quoted regarding claiming a dependent on the i864 which was misleading to the OP as well in a different forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They will go by your current income, so send copies of most recent pay stubs, and a letter from your employer.

funny this coming from someone who I have seen give the incorrect advice several times. His question was about a joint sponsor and I answered it. headbonk.gif

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Sorry not to be rude but your statement is a bit funny to me bolded above, as I had to correct a misleading answer you quoted regarding claiming a dependent on the i864 which was misleading to the OP as well in a different forum.

It was a different thread, and my point is that people don't seem to read the OP's question in this forum and its' starting to get on my nerves. The OP specifically asked if he will be required to get a co-sponsor since his income exceeds the poverty level only this year, and didn't any years before. I've seen so many examples of people giving information that has nothing to do with the OP's question, or they write one word answers that are not sufficient to answer the question. My answer in the other thread was not misleading, but was incomplete, to which I apologized, we are all human and we all make mistakes. But the least we could all do is read. My comment was not directed at you so there's no need to take it personally.

funny this coming from someone who I have seen give the incorrect advice several times. His question was about a joint sponsor and I answered it. headbonk.gif

Again, read my above response. My beef is with those that seem to skim the question and not really get what is being asked. And it happens all the time every day and it's just lazy. Again, my comment was not directed at you. And of course you could get wrong information in a forum, we're all people trying to help each other out. But the least responders could do is actually give the information that was being requested.

I'm sorry if I offended you guys in any way, I wasn't trying to be rude, but after reading constant replies like this all day I think this was the last straw.

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.