bogart21

a little help pls?

10 posts in this topic

hello fellow vjers, i need some advice on bank account situation, my wife will be issued an interview soon in the philippines and we need a joint account. i tried enrolling her on my account here in U.S but they said she needs a SSN# which she does not have since shes still in phil. anyone have opinion/ advice on this? do we really need a proof of co-mingling of account in order to pass her interview?? pls i need some answers.... ty in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello fellow vjers, i need some advice on bank account situation, my wife will be issued an interview soon in the philippines and we need a joint account. i tried enrolling her on my account here in U.S but they said she needs a SSN# which she does not have since shes still in phil. anyone have opinion/ advice on this? do we really need a proof of co-mingling of account in order to pass her interview?? pls i need some answers.... ty in advance

What I did was to open an account in my wife's country in both our names and, she included me in her savings account,however, the proof of co-mingling of finances is not strictly necessary to pass the interview. If you have sent money to her, make a log of all the transactions with dates and amounts sent, if you have done this through the same remittance company, they could provide you with a log, if you ask them. If you have send packages, do the same. Provide them with pictures of your wedding, you with her family members, her with yours,the both of you together in different places, etc. You have to convince the CO that there is a valid relationship, but they understand that you guys have never lived together, open a simple life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary and, send copy of to your wife. Good luck

What I did was to open an account in my wife's country in both our names and, she included me in her savings account,however, the proof of co-mingling of finances is not strictly necessary to pass the interview. If you have sent money to her, make a log of all the transactions with dates and amounts sent, if you have done this through the same remittance company, they could provide you with a log, if you ask them. If you have send packages, do the same. Provide them with pictures of your wedding, you with her family members, her with yours,the both of you together in different places, etc. You have to convince the CO that there is a valid relationship, but they understand that you guys have never lived together, open a simple life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary and, send copy of to your wife. Good luck

thank u very much sir for the reply i appreciate that :)

:) hi ,just tell her to inquire directly to the bank near to their place,they can advise her/you what to do..

for ur question if its really necessary to submit that account in her interview,i think, no,because when i was interviewed they only asked our marriage certificate and asked me about our relationship,just like how/when we met, how many times he came home to visit me and others about ur marriage,as long as ure telling the truth you dont have to worry.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not mandatory to have a US joint bank account at this point since your spouse is still in the Philippines.

Are you sending her money in the Philippines? If yes, then she can bring the remittance slips/receipts as proof and present it at her interview.

Edited by apple21

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

check around to different banks, try bank of america or a credit union,since your married in 2012you can apply for a itin number for her it's a tem social security number to file your new married wife jointly taxes go online to IRS.GOV get a form w-7 or have her down load the w-7 she needs to sign it then sent it to you, you need your copysend it to the address on the w-7 of the marriage certificate, a copy of the u.s passport.send it to the adderss thats on the form ,austin tx,when you get the itin number you can file your income taxes jointly for a refund,as married,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Itins take a while to get and must be filed with the taxes so they wouldn't get an itin until may at the very earliest. Also credit unions are the worst for adding people without SSNs.

Also someone mentioned recently that you can only get an itin now with a certified copy of you passport fromthe office it was issued at. If that's true I do not know but makes it even more inconvenient.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You CAN request for an itin for financial institution reasons but I think you are required to have proof of request from the bank which they aren't going to give you if you aren't present. They make that ish haaard.

oldlady.gif

It's not mandatory to have a US joint bank account at this point since your spouse is still in the Philippines.

Are you sending her money in the Philippines? If yes, then she can bring the remittance slips/receipts as proof and present it at her interview.

The above in bold worked for me!:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.