MmmBlondie

Tax Transcripts & I-134

17 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone :)

First, sorry this is so long and sorry if ive started this thread in the wrong place but im looking for as much help as possible.

My fiance is currently on active duty in Afghanistan. We have all our forms filled out and my medical is booked BUT he is having issues with gathering his tax transcripts etc.

He has filled out the I-134, printed and signed it but when I told him that he had to mail it to me, (as I need the original copy), he was a bit unsure. He has never sent anything FROM Afghanistan, (this is his 7th deployment), and even if anyone did, they wouldn't normally send it to the UK!

He also works off a very long, tiring, night time schedule. He knows he needs to send me his tax transcripts etc to prove his income is above the poverty line but were finding this extremely difficult. Is there anything else he can send me (hopefully via email) that can be used a proof?? Something someone higher up can sign??

I spoke to the US Embassy in London, they created me a profile and asked me to email in (which I have just done), with a reference number but it might take 4-5 working days for a response! He wants to send me what I need asap as my medical is on the 21st December but then I'm away in New Zealand til the 12th January. If I can get an interview scheduled for not long after I need those documents :(

Has anyone else gone through this??

It's probably best to see how the embassy responds. Your situation is not the norm, so it's hard to say if they'll accept an email or faxed version of his docs given his active duty status.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The actual IRS transcripts are nothing but a copy. They don't come with anything that will make them originals (no signatures, no holograms). If he can get those scanned into a PDF file (for better results), send it to you through email, and you print them out; you should be able to present them at the embassy without a problem.

Makes sense?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

He has never sent anything FROM Afghanistan, (this is his 7th deployment), and even if anyone did, they wouldn't normally send it to the UK!

If he has the transcripts on him, he can mail them to you. The USPS maintains MPOs - Military Postal Office - on base for that purpose. It is no different than mailing them from any other US location.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Guys, the OP is also asking if it's okay if he emails/faxes the I-134, not just the tax transcripts, that's where the question comes in since it's not technically the original.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Guys, the OP is also asking if it's okay if he emails/faxes the I-134, not just the tax transcripts, that's where the question comes in since it's not technically the original.

You are right! Sorry, I missed that part.

Wait for the email reply. They have the first and last word.

If he has the transcripts on him, he can mail them to you. The USPS maintains MPOs - Military Postal Office - on base for that purpose. It is no different than mailing them from any other US location.

He is aware they have the post office but its more to the point that as he works during the night its not open. He would have to wake up (normally middle of the day), work (which 9/10 includes being on the planes, flying and if they don't fly they are only told last minute), go to any briefs etc or eat when the chow hall opens, then instead of going to sleep at 4am, he'd have to stay awake another couple of hours to make sure he is awake when the post office is open.

He's willing to do this but with his schedule at the moment he doesn't know if he'll have the opportunity to do this. He doesn't have the tax transcripts with him as he couldn't get them in time before he deployed and we didn't realize our NOA2 would be approved so quickly. It's going to take extra long to order them, have someone pick them up and then scan them across unless they scanned them straight to me.

It's mainly to do with the fact he doesn't have everything with him, hes working on a silly schedule and I fly to NZ for 3 weeks :(

Im guessing no one knows the answer :( oh well i'll just wait for the email back

I thought we covered the tax issue before. London does NOT require a tax return or transcript for an I-134. If he has a copy or his parent's perhaps, it can be scanned and emailed to you. Anything from the military stating his status and yearly income will do as proof for London. Perhaps his commanding officer can verify. As to the scanned copy of the I-134, there is somebody UK who has a soldier on active duty who was approved without the original signed I-134. I could have sworn she replied that to one of your posts. Have you clicked on your name in the top right corner and "my content" in the drop down to review your posts? Maybe it was to somebody else, but you're the only current military person I remember doing London right now. Maybe it was somebody else military. I've gone blank on who got approved with just the photocopy or fax of the I-134. Photo is long blonde hair. I'll look for the post. They will cut you a lot of slack because he is on active duty in Afghanistan.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I thought we covered the tax issue before. London does NOT require a tax return or transcript for an I-134. If he has a copy or his parent's perhaps, it can be scanned and emailed to you. Anything from the military stating his status and yearly income will do as proof for London. Perhaps his commanding officer can verify. As to the scanned copy of the I-134, there is somebody UK who has a soldier on active duty who was approved without the original signed I-134. I could have sworn she replied that to one of your posts. Have you clicked on your name in the top right corner and "my content" in the drop down to review your posts? Maybe it was to somebody else, but you're the only current military person I remember doing London right now. Maybe it was somebody else military. I've gone blank on who got approved with just the photocopy or fax of the I-134. Photo is long blonde hair. I'll look for the post. They will cut you a lot of slack because he is on active duty in Afghanistan.

I think we did talk about this but I panicked :( with my trip coming up and him out there im all sorts of all over the place lol. If London doesnt require tax transcripts how do they know he earns above the poverty line. I have literally all forms filled out, the medical booked, photographs etc. You name it I have it sorted and ticked green on my excel spreadsheet (arent I organized :D) except the I-134. Just worried I'm missing something and really don't want to turn up to the interview with things missing.

Sorry :(

I think we did talk about this but I panicked :( with my trip coming up and him out there im all sorts of all over the place lol. If London doesnt require tax transcripts how do they know he earns above the poverty line. I have literally all forms filled out, the medical booked, photographs etc. You name it I have it sorted and ticked green on my excel spreadsheet (arent I organized :D) except the I-134. Just worried I'm missing something and really don't want to turn up to the interview with things missing.

Sorry :(

They will know what he makes because somebody from the military like his CO will write it in a letter or perhaps it is available to print online. Then you get that faxed or scanned and emailed to you. Sorry, I don't know military stuff but there's something or somebody than can verify his income. The i-134 (especially London) has no real rules other than the officer has to be convinced he will not becomes a public charge. A confirmation from the US military will do the trick.. He can possibly find somebody on post who is able to try to get it to a post office for him. Surely there is a way to mail letters from the military area. But try to get a scanned copy before he mails it that he can email as an attachment. I think they will accept it if the mailed one doesn't make it since he's in Afghanistan.

Sorry, I didn't find the post from the girl who had a scanned copy accepted. I just can't remember, but I'll blame my foggy memory on pain pills...had surgery to repair a tendon in my finger that I completely cut through. Ouchy !! Very painful today, maybe because it got cold. Was like summer yesterday.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

They will know what he makes because somebody from the military like his CO will write it in a letter or perhaps it is available to print online. Then you get that faxed or scanned and emailed to you. Sorry, I don't know military stuff but there's something or somebody than can verify his income. The i-134 (especially London) has no real rules other than the officer has to be convinced he will not becomes a public charge. A confirmation from the US military will do the trick.. He can possibly find somebody on post who is able to try to get it to a post office for him. Surely there is a way to mail letters from the military area. But try to get a scanned copy before he mails it that he can email as an attachment. I think they will accept it if the mailed one doesn't make it since he's in Afghanistan.

Sorry, I didn't find the post from the girl who had a scanned copy accepted. I just can't remember, but I'll blame my foggy memory on pain pills...had surgery to repair a tendon in my finger that I completely cut through. Ouchy !! Very painful today, maybe because it got cold. Was like summer yesterday.

Oh my! You cut through your finger!!! I hope you're ok now and it heals up nicely! Must be difficult to type with a bad finger :( You are one of the most helpful people ever! You should be paid :D so no worries on finding the other post. I will ask him to send me some kind of military proof which is co-signed that states his title, income etc and ask him to scan in the I-134 as well as mailing it. He'll just have to stay up super late to get to the post office :( his schedule is not helping. It's changed from something pretty good to basically 8 days flying 1 day on the ground (sort of off).

I just hope they accept a military letter thing instead of the normal stuff :( panic mode is officially activated and it wont go until I have that visa in my hand!

Oh my! You cut through your finger!!! I hope you're ok now and it heals up nicely! Must be difficult to type with a bad finger :( You are one of the most helpful people ever! You should be paid :D so no worries on finding the other post. I will ask him to send me some kind of military proof which is co-signed that states his title, income etc and ask him to scan in the I-134 as well as mailing it. He'll just have to stay up super late to get to the post office :( his schedule is not helping. It's changed from something pretty good to basically 8 days flying 1 day on the ground (sort of off).

I just hope they accept a military letter thing instead of the normal stuff :( panic mode is officially activated and it wont go until I have that visa in my hand!

Anything that proves income is good. It doesn't have to be an employer letter. People could have statements from money received as social security retirement, a pension statement, lottery 20 year pay outs, the military.....etc.

Finger--I only cut the top of my ring finger at the joint near the nail. There's tendons that open the fingers running on top of the bones. On the bottom side are tendons that close the grip. I cut through the top one so the end of my finger would flop down without surgery to re-attach it. I don't type so well on the computer keyboard because of the splint, but the touch screen on the iPad it easy with just my pointer fingers. Hubby is doing all the dishes because I can't get it wet. That's a little positive I get for 6-8 weeks.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Anything that proves income is good. It doesn't have to be an employer letter. People could have statements from money received as social security retirement, a pension statement, lottery 20 year pay outs, the military.....etc.

Finger--I only cut the top of my ring finger at the joint near the nail. There's tendons that open the fingers running on top of the bones. On the bottom side are tendons that close the grip. I cut through the top one so the end of my finger would flop down without surgery to re-attach it. I don't type so well on the computer keyboard because of the splint, but the touch screen on the iPad it easy with just my pointer fingers. Hubby is doing all the dishes because I can't get it wet. That's a little positive I get for 6-8 weeks.

Ouch that does sound painful on the finger! Glad you've got hubby doing the dishes though! I hope a speedy recovery happens and you have a fully functional finger once more.

My fiance emailed me a few things yesterday and when I spoke to him late last night he said he was going to either stay up or take a quick nap then wake up (when he would normally be sleeping) to travel over to the post office. Hopefully he was able to mail me the original copy of the I-134. The embassy hasn't emailed me back yet but the information he did send me was:

A Scanned copy of the I-134 (just in case)

His W-2 for 2011

A letter signed by his commander stating who he is and what he earns.

Do you think IF he can mail me the original I-134 or the embassy will accept the scanned/emailed version of it due to circumstances that his most recent W-2 and a letter signed from his commander will be enough to show he earns above the poverty line and support me etc??

Ouch that does sound painful on the finger! Glad you've got hubby doing the dishes though! I hope a speedy recovery happens and you have a fully functional finger once more.

My fiance emailed me a few things yesterday and when I spoke to him late last night he said he was going to either stay up or take a quick nap then wake up (when he would normally be sleeping) to travel over to the post office. Hopefully he was able to mail me the original copy of the I-134. The embassy hasn't emailed me back yet but the information he did send me was:

A Scanned copy of the I-134 (just in case)

His W-2 for 2011

A letter signed by his commander stating who he is and what he earns.

Do you think IF he can mail me the original I-134 or the embassy will accept the scanned/emailed version of it due to circumstances that his most recent W-2 and a letter signed from his commander will be enough to show he earns above the poverty line and support me etc??

I found the post. It was Victoria. Her husband had been military. Read what she had accepted http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/400270-possible-to-get-an-earlier-embassy-interview/page__view__findpost__p__5830242

We Americans are a patriotic lot and honor our servicemen. Your interviewer will be American. Play the military card if needed, reminding him that your fiancé is on active duty in a dangerous place and sent what he was able to get being in that position. Don't be so British that you are afraid to speak up for yourself. I think you have an advantage over the rest of the fiance's with civilian partners. A UK girl called Katie Waitie (with a military fiancé) and I exchanged a few emails. She said everybody was so nice to her from the embassy to POE and told her "tell your fiancé thanks for his service". She was bustin' with pride by the time she got here. I hope you have the same experience.

Now play this YouTube to get yourself in the patriotic mood and know you have a very special fiance

If that doesn't show as playable (like on my iPad) then go to the YouTube .com website and put Q65KZIqay4E in the search box.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.