28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would recommend to call constantly to the NVC since sometimes they don't give clear instructions or you get very delayed responses through mail or e-mail. I downloaded the form and filled it out to make sure I had all the information I needed, then when I got the OK from the NVC it was just a matter of printing and signing it with the correct date. Also make sure your civil documents are up to date, not older than 1 or 2 months. Once you get the instructions, write your number case on top right of every single document, including the photos. If you are very organized with the documents they ask you, you won't have any problems with getting to the next step.

Hope you guys get to be together soon.!

I felt the same way while on the NVC stage. We always called them after 2 weeks of not hearing from them. hehe Lotsa waiting but worth it since you can talk to someone who has direct access to your account and ask what to do next.

Met in Person: Feb 2009

Got engaged: Aug 2010

Got married: Dec 2010

NOA 1: Oct 13, 2011

I-130 Approved: March 23, 2012

NVC Recieved: May 10, 2012

Case Completed: Oct. 23, 2012

Medical: Nov.17 and 18: passed but went back Nov 22 for immunization

Interview: Dec 3, 2012 (Approved)

Visa in hand: Dec 6, 2012

POE: January 12, 2013

“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”

― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi VJ Family, i hope u all are doing fine. My husband and i submitted the AOS form and paid the Visa application fees two weeks back and still havent had any response from the NVC, pls my question is, is it appropriate to get the DS 230 form online and fill it out and also gather the civil documents without waiting for instructions from them becos their silence is practically driving us nuts, pls help, your responses will be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi if you paid the aos bill online then dont expect any package follow the instructions on your reciept. i waited for a month without there replies and had to send them a mail to ask the respond came in 2 weeks later telling me to follow the instructions on the reciept.so save time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi VJ Family, i hope u all are doing fine. My husband and i submitted the AOS form and paid the Visa application fees two weeks back and still havent had any response from the NVC, pls my question is, is it appropriate to get the DS 230 form online and fill it out and also gather the civil documents without waiting for instructions from them becos their silence is practically driving us nuts, pls help, your responses will be appreciated.

Most people here would agree you are actually behind, we VJ'ers are an proactive community, please check for the December NVC thread, the first two posts will have all the info you need.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a message from USCIS saying we will have the interview next year. my question is. is this the noa2 we've been waiting for? 2nd. what is the requirements needed for the interview? what is this DS 230?

No, judging by your time frame, they want an interview from you for the I-130.

THEN you will see an approval later.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

so while waiting for the interview and complying for the requirements for the interview. what else do i need to do?

so while waiting for the interview and complying for the requirements for the interview. what else do i need to do?

Nothing if I'm correct. You haven't confirmed if this is an interview for your I-130.

And if it is, the place on your timeline where you put interview is incorrect.

That is for the visa interview. There is no place for this kind of interview.

Because it's not supposed to be normal and the amount of them springing up is becoming ridiculous.

oldlady.gif

Nothing if I'm correct. You haven't confirmed if this is an interview for your I-130.

And if it is, the place on your timeline where you put interview is incorrect.

That is for the visa interview. There is no place for this kind of interview.

Because it's not supposed to be normal and the amount of them springing up is becoming ridiculous.

I got a i-130 interview next year. i just read the mail today.

Timeline

I got a i-130 interview next year. i just read the mail today.

Then nothing to do but make a nasty face at the letter (because really these interviews are ridiculous and unnecessary)

And prepare the documents they've requested in the letter.

Then make another nasty face at the letter when you're done.

Do these letters automatically assign a date for your interview?

If so, can I ask when it is? Just trying to get a time frame from receipt to interview.

Also, if you wouldn't mind taking my poll here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/403538-nbc-i-130-interviews-approvals-poll/page__p__5861594__fromsearch__1#entry5861594

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.