The Mean Lady

Ordering Long Form BC

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this the form you guys filled out to get your long form BC?

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetAttachDocs/007-11076E~1/$File/11076E.pdf

The only bc that my husband's mom says he's ever had is this little thing that doesn't have his parent's name on it.

So I'm going to assume it's only $35.

Also, #######@weight at birth?

It doesn't even say that on this little thing.

My MIL is going to catch on really quick with all of these questions that her son is leaving.

He hasn't told her yet =\

Oh JESUS doctor or attendant and address?!

Can you get this stuff by just going to the hospital you were born at?

I mean it's a block away...

Where I'm from, we go to the health dept and fork over like 10 bucks, a drivers license and a signature and they print you out a new copy.

Edited by KDubovik

oldlady.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetAttachDocs/007-11076E~1/$File/11076E.pdf

The only bc that my husband's mom says he's ever had is this little thing that doesn't have his parent's name on it.

My MIL is going to catch on really quick with all of these questions that her son is leaving.

Where I'm from, we go to the health dept and fork over like 10 bucks, a drivers license and a signature and they print you out a new copy.

I had to order the original certified copy of birth registration for me & my daughter ($100 per registration copy) Also the original certified copy of our marriage certificate ( also $100) was $300 for 3 pieces of paper. These papers have all the little details like Weight at Birth and Doctor that delivered you ect... The regular Birth Certificate doesn't have that information.My https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.dolink>>> Here's the link for Ontario

Edited by bccanadagirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I applied for mine, it was electronic. There is a place where you can fill out everything online and submit and they mail the certificate to you. I don't remember it being that detailed... but I would have known the answers to all those questions so I may not have thought anything of it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My finace had to pay $50 for his and he's in BC. It needs to be a certified copy. I don't have the web site available, but I know he was able to order it on-line and it arrived in about a week.

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

Timeline

When I applied for mine, it was electronic. There is a place where you can fill out everything online and submit and they mail the certificate to you. I don't remember it being that detailed... but I would have known the answers to all those questions so I may not have thought anything of it.

Was it this site?

https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/scr04_ApplicantInfo.do

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Here is the online form for Ontario...it does ask those same types of questions. For some I know you don't have to be exact (ie the weight at birth) but his mother's info does need to be correct.

http://www.ontario.ca/government/birth-certificates

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Here is the online form for Ontario...it does ask those same types of questions. For some I know you don't have to be exact (ie the weight at birth) but his mother's info does need to be correct.

http://www.ontario.ca/government/birth-certificates

Glad I can do this online at least.

How come it doesn't list the fee?

Or am I totally missing it?

Edit: NVM Found it on the direct page you sent me to rather than the page after that.

Edited by KDubovik

oldlady.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In BC, I went to the vital statistics website and filled it out online. I wasn't asked about birth weight or anything like that - just my mother and father's name and birthplaces. I guess it's different for every province? I think mine was 26 bucks and arrived in less than a week.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

In BC, I went to the vital statistics website and filled it out online. I wasn't asked about birth weight or anything like that - just my mother and father's name and birthplaces. I guess it's different for every province? I think mine was 26 bucks and arrived in less than a week.

Yeah I realized after the fact that I should have specified province =X

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I'm from BC too. Our lawyer told us specifically we had to get these true certified copies of all these documents and they were $100 a peice. Do you mean we wasted our money? Ugh

Timeline

I'm from BC too. Our lawyer told us specifically we had to get these true certified copies of all these documents and they were $100 a peice. Do you mean we wasted our money? Ugh

I just ordered one online from their website. Did you go through your lawyer? That could be why it probably cost so much. The long form BC birth certificate is only 27 bucks, a true certified copy is 50$

https://ecos.vs.gov.bc.ca/ecos_prod/OnLineHelp/faq.html

Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
March 31, 2013 - POE

Timeline

I just ordered one online from their website. Did you go through your lawyer? That could be why it probably cost so much. The long form BC birth certificate is only 27 bucks, a true certified copy is 50$

https://ecos.vs.gov.bc.ca/ecos_prod/OnLineHelp/faq.html

It was $50!! I kept thinking $100 all this time lol it was so long ago back in last november or december that i got it. Yeah my lawyer said we needed the true certified copy with all info on it rather than a regular birth certificate... It was the original that both parents signed Doctors signed and everything. Same with the marriage certificate was a copy of the original marriage license that both of us signed and our witnesses... My linkhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/351401-certified-copies/>>> Here's a link

Edited by bccanadagirl

Timeline

It was $50!! I kept thinking $100 all this time lol it was so long ago back in last november or december that i got it. Yeah my lawyer said we needed the true certified copy with all info on it rather than a regular birth certificate... It was the original that both parents signed Doctors signed and everything. Same with the marriage certificate was a copy of the original marriage license that both of us signed and our witnesses... My linkhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/351401-certified-copies/>>> Here's a link

So, now I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong thing? I thought we just needed a birth certificate with our parents names on it?

Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
March 31, 2013 - POE

Timeline

Just do it on the online system. WAY easier. I didn't need to put my weight or anything. As long as you give them enough info they should be able to look up your original certificate. yes it costs $35 if it's your first certificate. I just got mine.

You're looking for a certified copy.

Go here: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

Just do it on the online system. WAY easier. I didn't need to put my weight or anything. As long as you give them enough info they should be able to look up your original certificate. yes it costs $35 if it's your first certificate. I just got mine.

Go here: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do

That one asks for weight and count of older siblings (weird)

I wonder if that part isn't required then?

Edited by KDubovik

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.