RFQ

My instructor's rant

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

back to the OP, post #1.

this is a class? you need a grade. don't p|ss off the instructor - class should be over soon.

get your grade and walk on.

just cause the teacher is an asshat, is no reason to take offense whilst he/she/it controls your grade.

get your grade, and forget about it.

Yeah, more or less thats what I left it at. I am not the kind to get personally offended and stress myself out about it. More just like... roll my eyes, have a sarcastic laugh, and maybe post about it... :P

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

DP

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Dang woman things must have changed a lot since just last month when I was talking with you. Remember I asked you how you were doing because I was worried about your safety and you told me everything was fine and while the economy was bad you were doing alright but you got a good job opportunity out of the country and you might take it. Are you still considering it because from the way you're describing things it sounds like maybe you should for your personal safety unless you like living in the mean streets of Detroit environment. Now I really wonder if the others living in Egypt are being straight with me too. They don't make it out to be as bad as this either. I still talk to people from the online foreign women's group that lives in Egypt. What part of Egypt are you in now?

Livvy, just because I'm doing alright doesn't mean the country isn't bat sh!t nuts, because it is. How could it not be? THERE ARE NO POLICE!

I will send you a facebook message for a non-facebook group that is not a "ana habibi" group, and there you will see the real deal.

Speaking of facebook, have you not looked through my photo albums to see pictures of the murderous rages? They're there!

I am not sure when this went from "my instructor called the entire whole of the middle east bad" to RFQ doesn't understand their are dangers in the area. Apparently I have never spoken to anyone that lives there or done any research and I have my hand buried in the sand is the topic of this post. ;)

This went from your naivety about the situation to a reality check. Again, where exactly is that "environment" you "shall" be in, the one in which you will arrive with your brand new, very first passport and be segregated from the rest of the world?

Timeline

This went from your naivety about the situation to a reality check. Again, where exactly is that "environment" you "shall" be in, the one in which you will arrive with your brand new, very first passport and be segregated from the rest of the world?

Seeing as how I neither brought up this topic, nor asked for advice on the matter I do not really wish to discuss it. Many people have come in this thread and made presumptuous accusations, then fed off each other into different tangents. I choose to ignore these things because I feel no need to defend or explain certain things irrelevant to the subject I initiated discussion on.

If you or anyone has a real, personal, friendly concern for my well being, you know where my inbox is. We can cultivate our friendship in private.

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Seeing as how I neither brought up this topic, nor asked for advice on the matter I do not really wish to discuss it. Many people have come in this thread and made presumptuous accusations, then fed off each other into different tangents. I choose to ignore these things because I feel no need to defend or explain certain things irrelevant to the subject I initiated discussion on.

If you or anyone has a real, personal, friendly concern for my well being, you know where my inbox is. We can cultivate our friendship in private.

I was debating on niqab once I'm there. My husband doesn't think I will stand out unless I attempt to speak, haha. Though he says I get a bit pale this time of year and maybe I should go tan my face a lil. >.< If I do draw attention I will switch to niqab though. I think though, in his part of society I am actually as much or more conservatively dressed than many of the young women. Either way- I'll never be alone there. Everyone has dibs on me. I sincerely doubt they'll let me sleep.

My girlfriend is a very pale skinned American convert and her husband from a smaller village in Pakistan. She said people, particularly kids would just follow her around even while she was wearing niqab. Of course this is totally different than the environment I shall be in. I imagine that is unnerving!

I wish you as safe and blessed trip. And may peace come to the areas in turmoil and uncertainty

I just want to know where that is, that's all.

Timeline

I fail to see the relevance to the original topic, but I'll be in Cairo.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, lets get real IHQ. You're a sweet gal but I'm surprised you didn't confide in me when I asked you about the the truth of the matter a month ago. I was direct with you several times and we've know each other for years. After spending all day talking with fellow Egyptians and Expats in Egypt they are calling bullshit on the hype. The Egyptian government never sent out police officers to any crime scene even prior to the revolution. The only time they ever did was if a foreigner was involved and that is still the case to this day.

It's one of the points that is currently infuriating Egyptians living there because why don't they get the preferential treatment. So please stop scaring RFQ because the general consensus is that this whole situation will blow over like a bad storm if that in one to two weeks. They believe that the constitution will pass and things will begin to settle down from there. That the Egyptian people like it or not will accept it. Morsi is banking on it because he was elected by the majority so he believes he has the power to back him.

I also call bullshit on this CBS pkg ( Link ) that is being presented to the people in the US because Morsi never had control of the constitutional court. The constitutional court was established entirely by Mubarak 15 years ago and calling them all Islamist implying that they were somehow controlled by Morsi or the MB is a total crock and entirely misleading. Not everyone agrees on the same definition of Islam and that is a major point in the current protests. The constitutional court didn't exist before any of this upheaval. And they believe that all of this is blown way out of proportion and those locally that are in Egypt and educated know better and some are taking advantage of the situation.

They said that you can't believe that a country that is 90% Islamic and 10% Christian to not pass a constitution that represents 90% of the country. The liberal minded can't honestly believe that they can come out and say that the constitution doesn't represent them in Egypt and in the same week say they support gay right. That just won't pass in Egypt. I'm sorry. The vast majority does not and will not support the sentiment even if 200,000 - 300,000 supporters come out in Tahrir square in Egypt. It's still not a vast majority of the population. That's not to say their battle is entirely lost in the Egyptian Parliament. There can always be referendums and possibly one day their own bill of rights.

Personally for me it's a sad loss for women's rights and I hope that they keep fighting and get some amendments recognized for themselves.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

After spending all day talking with fellow Egyptians and Expats in Egypt they are calling bullshit on the hype.

Tell your "fellow" Egyptians and Expat buddies they might want to take a peek at the news once in a while. If they did, they would notice the depravity of crime.

Here's an example:

WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

http://www1.youm7.com/News.asp?NewsID=863792&SecID=12

Since there's no police protection, the village of Sharqia has taken to punishing crimes locally. So far, they've killed 10 and hung them on lamp posts. Perhaps the video will convince your local experts. Or you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Tell your "fellow" Egyptians and Expat buddies they might want to take a peek at the news once in a while. If they did, they would notice the depravity of crime.

Here's an example:

WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

http://www1.youm7.com/News.asp?NewsID=863792&SecID=12

Since there's no police protection, the village of Sharqia has taken to punishing crimes locally. So far, they've killed 10 and hung them on lamp posts. Perhaps the video will convince your local experts. Or you.

that is SICK

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow. This got intense.

To OP: I feel like I see both perspectives. I get frustrated when people think they know more than I do and they don't about what life is or must be like in Morocco. I am glad when I can describe my experiences and hopefully open people's minds to what is real, and am always quick to describe that everyone has a different experience, and that I speak for myself and my experiences only, not generalizations.

That conversation would annoy the ####### out of me because I would feel disrespected that someone thinks that I am stepping into a situation blindly and wouldnt trust my own judgement.

That being said, I am talking Morocco, not Egypt. I dont know what is happening in Egypt right now. If it is a war-like zone? I would be a bit less quick to be offended.

I hate condescension though, and it sounds as if that was the case in this situation. And, yeah, that would be offensive in and of itself, regardless of topic.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

idk I don't think i'd get bent over someone telling me to be careful while traveling to a highly volatile country.

I also would be more trusting of ihq's assessment of the area than my husband's considering she would have no reason to lie. Whereas my husband would be more apt to sugarcoat the situation in order to get me over to egypt. But then I'm no longer newly in love and I'm more aware of my husband being full of sh!t most of the time lol.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.