Catarina

How long from noa2 to actual visa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I know this has been asked a couple hundred times, but I can't find it :/ so here it goes, we got NOA1 on June 5th , so if all goes according to timelines we should get our NOA2 in December. How long to the actual visa? Cause we are making plans for the weeding to be early April, that's 5 months from now, is there enough time to have the visa ready? Thank you ! And good luck to everybody

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are a lot of factors that can determine how long, and its a case by case basis, partly to do with how organised you are to send your packet 3 info into your consulate, how quickly your local consulate schedules appointments, when you can get your medical done, police checks done etc. There are other unknowns aswell to consider, You could receive an RFE, or you could be delayed at the consulate aswell.

It is advisable to request caterers/venue etc to be flexible with your dates in case you need to move it, find out at least when they need final details and what penalties would apply should you need to move the date.

I was just having a look for one of the May filers who's fiance is from Portugal, his petition is being redirected to the consulate in Paris (common for Portugal apparently), it appears that Paris is scheduling around 3-4 weeks from receipt of packet 3 (based on the 2 most recent interview dates on VJ)

Best of luck, from receiving NOA2, 4 months could be plenty of time once NOA2 is received, if you have everything go well. :)

Edited by SweetDelish

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

I'm actually in the same boat as you! We got our NOA1 on June 6th and we planned our wedding for April 7th (according to family member availability, etc). Hoping for the best, but am expecting little. Good luck with yours! Will be interesting to see how close together ours come.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

I'm actually in the same boat as you! We got our NOA1 on June 6th and we planned our wedding for April 7th (according to family member availability, etc). Hoping for the best, but am expecting little. Good luck with yours! Will be interesting to see how close together ours come.

Got NOA2 today! I'm so happy and thankful ! I guess we can keep our wedding plans :) :)

Timeline

There are a lot of factors that can determine how long, and its a case by case basis, partly to do with how organised you are to send your packet 3 info into your consulate, how quickly your local consulate schedules appointments, when you can get your medical done, police checks done etc. There are other unknowns aswell to consider, You could receive an RFE, or you could be delayed at the consulate aswell.

It is advisable to request caterers/venue etc to be flexible with your dates in case you need to move it, find out at least when they need final details and what penalties would apply should you need to move the date.

I was just having a look for one of the May filers who's fiance is from Portugal, his petition is being redirected to the consulate in Paris (common for Portugal apparently), it appears that Paris is scheduling around 3-4 weeks from receipt of packet 3 (based on the 2 most recent interview dates on VJ)

Best of luck, from receiving NOA2, 4 months could be plenty of time once NOA2 is received, if you have everything go well. :)

Hey! Got NOA2 today ! Say what?? Paris? Can you tell me who is this person so I can talk to him/her? I had no idea that the process is sent to Paris! Do I have to go there? Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations on your NOA2.

Thats where he has to go for his Portugese fiance, look in the May 2012 filers K1 progress thread for Kassil&Tierce

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.