jillian n osbel

Question on the I-134

16 posts in this topic

Yes. And as you say, it is a "significant amount," you might want to include a copy of the court order and how long it has been in effect and the reliability/history of your ex-spouse to pay the "support" as it may be important to justify your income requirement. Just my college educated opinion... Any other "rocket scientists" there care to differ with me?

Sid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

It has been in affect for 5 years it gives me a extra 1,052 a month and i work so i bring home after taxes around 2,500 a month so i am not sure if i will make the poverty guidelines for a household of 3 now and 4 when he gets here !!!

Jillian y Osbel para siempre

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Child support is not considered taxable income. The person who pays child support pays that support out of after tax income and the person receiving it pays no tax on that money. For that reason I would say it's not considered income. It will not be shown on IRS documents as income.

Edited by Grant PDX

i work so i bring home after taxes around 2,500 a month so i am not sure if i will make the poverty guidelines for a household of 3 now and 4 when he gets here !!!

You only need to be concerned about your gross income. Even after taxes, you meet the requirements for 4.

Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Child support is not considered taxable income. The person who pays child support pays that support out of after tax income and the person receiving it pays no tax on that money. For that reason I would say it's not considered income. It will not be shown on IRS documents as income.

Child support can be used as income on an affidavit of support as well as any other type of non-taxable income someone receives. Why would you only be allowed to claim taxable income? Income is income. The income shown on an affidavit of support is total gross income, before taxes, anyway. You just provide the documentation that proves you receive the income you are claiming on the affidavit of support.

For child support, you provide a copy of the court order and check stubs or bank statements to show the direct deposit amount each month.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Child support can be used as income on an affidavit of support as well as any other type of non-taxable income someone receives. Why would you only be allowed to claim taxable income? Income is income. The income shown on an affidavit of support is total gross income, before taxes, anyway. You just provide the documentation that proves you receive the income you are claiming on the affidavit of support.

For child support, you provide a copy of the court order and check stubs or bank statements to show the direct deposit amount each month.

What about if the situation is like this. My fiances mom is still claiming her sister in her latest tax 2011 but she moved out just recently. So my fiances mom is now living all by herself and she will be our cosponsor. It will appears on the tax that she is still claiming her sister as dependent household so we were thinking of attaching a letter explaining that she moved out. If we are just 3 we can meet the income requirements but if we are 4 we are just 2,000 dollars above the income guidelines. Should we include the child support which will only last until June 2013 or we will just leave it out of it and just put in the I-134 that she dont have dependent along with the letter.

but if we are 4 we are just 2,000 dollars above the income guidelines.

Above is above. That is meeting the requirement.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

What about if the situation is like this. My fiances mom is still claiming her sister in her latest tax 2011 but she moved out just recently. So my fiances mom is now living all by herself and she will be our cosponsor. It will appears on the tax that she is still claiming her sister as dependent household so we were thinking of attaching a letter explaining that she moved out. If we are just 3 we can meet the income requirements but if we are 4 we are just 2,000 dollars above the income guidelines. Should we include the child support which will only last until June 2013 or we will just leave it out of it and just put in the I-134 that she dont have dependent along with the letter.

If she is $2000 above the 125% for the household size, then she meets the requirement. If she claimed someone on her most recent tax return, then they are included in the household count. You can include the statement if you wish though.

If you do not have your interview until after the 2012 taxes are filed, and then the dependent is not included, you can just use the 2012 tax transcript and not even have to worry about it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Maybe a stupid question but what's the difference between a copy and a transcript of my taxes ???????

A complete tax return is one that has copies of ALL the forms, schedules, attachments, W-2s and/or 1099s. Basically everything you would have to send into the IRS had you mailed in your tax return to them.

A tax return transcript from the IRS is equal to a complete return and can be sent in place of a copy of a complete tax return. They contain less pages but have all the information that is needed and come directly from the IRS for free.

Timeline

If she is $2000 above the 125% for the household size, then she meets the requirement. If she claimed someone on her most recent tax return, then they are included in the household count. You can include the statement if you wish though.

If you do not have your interview until after the 2012 taxes are filed, and then the dependent is not included, you can just use the 2012 tax transcript and not even have to worry about it.

Im done with my interview last october. And i received a 221G forms saying i need to provide an employment letter. Luckily my fiance just lost his job by then and so we thought of using cosponsor, since where i am right now. They accpet cosponsor. So in my cosponsor (which is my fiances mom) she is still claiing in her tax. But then she moved out and now starting her new family. Can we just WRITE A LETTER/ STATEMENT about her daughter that she is no longer depending on her mom? Thank u

Timeline

Im done with my interview last october. And i received a 221G forms saying i need to provide an employment letter. UnLuckily my fiance just lost his job by then and so we thought of using cosponsor, since where i am right now. They accpet cosponsor. So in my cosponsor (which is my fiances mom) she is still claiing in her tax. But then she moved out and now starting her new family. Can we just WRITE A LETTER/ STATEMENT about her daughter that she is no longer depending on her mom? Thank u

Timeline

Im done with my interview last october. And i received a 221G forms saying i need to provide an employment letter. Luckily my fiance just lost his job by then and so we thought of using cosponsor, since where i am right now. They accpet cosponsor. So in my cosponsor (which is my fiances mom) she is still claiing in her tax. But then she moved out and now starting her new family. Can we just WRITE A LETTER/ STATEMENT about her daughter that she is no longer depending on her mom? Thank u

Like I said, if she is $2000 above for a household of 4, then she meets and even beats the requirement. You can include a statement if you wish.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.