C_Ven

Employment Letter for military personnel?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi Everyone!! I hope you can help us!!

For the affidavit of support, they ask you to provide a letter of employment from the petitioner. My husband is in the military and we provided them with orders for his current station which is in San Diego. Our interview is coming up and we are wondering whether this will be fine. Has anyone had any experience with this and what did you provide as an employment letter? Look forward to receiving your feedback! thanks!

15/01/2011 - Doug and I met in Bahrain.

01/01/2012 - We got engaged.

06/03/2012 - Came to US on an extended holiday before Doug's deployment in October.

07/06/2012 - Our hearts took over and we got married.

31/08/2012 - Sent in AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox.

10/09/2012 - NOA

13/09/2012 - Biometrics letter in mail.

10/11/2012 - Biometrics Appointment.

10/26/2012 - Interview letter in mail, scheduled for NOV 30th.

your husband should be able to get one from his unit. it usually state his rank, contract expiry, salary.. just the basic employment status.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Please read in this forum, before you ask any questions. Not trying to be rude, but this question has been answered many times. They don't really need a letter from his employer when he's in the military. A current LES should be enough.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236549-letter-of-employment-military-aos/page__pid__5770231#entry5770231

Timeline

thank ou for your replies. and AF-WIFE you were kind of rude. we are all going through many many things and i trie to find the answer by looking through all the forums but im sure youve noticed, there are MANY forums. sorry to have inconvenienced you, but thaks anyways.

06/03/2012 - Came to US on an extended holiday before Doug's deployment in October.

10/09/2012 - NOA

That wasn't rude. Everyone else would have told you too, to look through before. It is in this military forum and was last answered in October. It doesn't take much effort to look for the answer before everyone opens as new thread for the SAME question. But anyways, good luck.

Edited by AF-Wife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm in the usmc and im at this step in the process right now. Wednesday after the 96 i plan on getting my platoon commander or platoon sergeant to write me one. Then i'll have everything i need to send out my docs to my girl :)

Time Line:

April 13th 2012 Vermont Service Center received our application. (e-notification)
April 20th NoA1 received in mail.
October 17th 2012 Our petition was accepted (e-notification)
October 25th 2012 NoA2 received in mail. (Two actually, one dated the 17th one dated the 18th?)
November 5th Fiancee in Poland received packet from US Embassy in Warsaw, Poland.
November 7th Fiancee filled what needed to be filled out and sent the packet out
Late November: Medical exam, I sent her a packet with things she needed from me for the Interview
December 4th Jaga had her interview in Warsaw Poland! We got the visa :D
December 9th jaga picked up her visa in Bielsko-Biała :)

umm... havent updated this but she has her green card, us drivers license, and is in the process of getting her masters degree recognized here in the us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Please read in this forum, before you ask any questions. Not trying to be rude, but this question has been answered many times. They don't really need a letter from his employer when he's in the military. A current LES should be enough.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/236549-letter-of-employment-military-aos/page__pid__5770231#entry5770231

If you are going to be needlessly rude to someone not familar with the site or what questions have already been asked, at least try to make sure your information is correct. Granted the OP could have found the answer with a search, but this is not the first time you have been incorrect in giving out information in the Military Discussion threads.

If you even read the link you provided (which was helpful btw) you would know that the LES isn't always enough, many people on here have had to get an employment record while in the Military. Often called a Proof of service letter, or Statement of Service letter and I've seen people get theirs online, or their Finance Office or even their S1s (I got mine there) depending on branch of service.

So no, your answer was neither polite, helpful nor correct. Often times, the LES has not been enough, many of us have had to provide this 'letter from employer' however, with this being said, the liklihood you need it for the interview is less than for the packets, but to discount it completely and just bring an LES would be at your own risk and at the discretion of your interviewer which differ by location. There have been enough people post in these threads that it was required to tell me to get one AND an LES.

From K1 submission to US Citizenship- 2 years, 1 month and 2 days!

K-1 Process
• 6 MAR 2012 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx overnight •

• 7 MAR 2012 - Packet received Dallas, Texas
• 12 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by Email: routed to the CSC)
• 15 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (received Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))
• 12 JUN 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email)
• 23 MAR 2012 - NVC received/forwarded approved I-129F
• 25 April 2012 - Interview and Visa Approved!
• 27 APR 2012 - Collected Visa at Embassy
• 29 MAY 2012 - Arrival in US after two weeks holiday together!
*It took 46 days from NOA1 to Visa pick-up and we received our NOA2 two weeks AFTER her arrival in States!

AOS Process
• 13 JUL 2012 - I-485 packet received at USCIS
• 23 JUL 2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485 and I-765 (we didn't do an AP)
• 10 AUG 2012 - RFE for Proof of Employment and Fed. Poverty Level/Support Requirement!(Active Duty Military but deployed last year with little taxable income to report)
• RFE Discussion--> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382590-any-other-military-members-have-this-happen/
• 16 AUG 2012 - USCIS received my RFE document response & Biometrics completed on same day
• 21 SEP 2012 - EAD Received after a total of 6 USCIS Status updates
• 8 MAR 2013 - USCIS received our AP I-131 Travel Doc that we didn't apply for initially (bad decision)
• 26 MAR 2013 - Email Notice that AP was approved
• 03 APR 2013 - Card in hand! (9+ months from application to receipt of card)

Removal of Conditions

• Skipped with Military expedite

Citizenship N400

• 20 JAN 2014 - Packet mailed

• 02 FEB 2014 - walk-in Bio appointment

• 24 MAR 2014 - Interview

• 08 APR 2014 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Miew Miew thank you so much! And also andrew and thatgirl2. You guys were actually being very helpful and i appreciate it!!

10/09/2012 - NOA

If you are going to be needlessly rude to someone not familar with the site or what questions have already been asked, at least try to make sure your information is correct. Granted the OP could have found the answer with a search, but this is not the first time you have been incorrect in giving out information in the Military Discussion threads.

If you even read the link you provided (which was helpful btw) you would know that the LES isn't always enough, many people on here have had to get an employment record while in the Military. Often called a Proof of service letter, or Statement of Service letter and I've seen people get theirs online, or their Finance Office or even their S1s (I got mine there) depending on branch of service.

So no, your answer was neither polite, helpful nor correct. Often times, the LES has not been enough, many of us have had to provide this 'letter from employer' however, with this being said, the liklihood you need it for the interview is less than for the packets, but to discount it completely and just bring an LES would be at your own risk and at the discretion of your interviewer which differ by location. There have been enough people post in these threads that it was required to tell me to get one AND an LES.

That wasn't the first time I gave an incorrect answer? LoL. u am not perfect. The answers I am providing is based on my completed greencard progress and worked out without any RFE's. so please tell me how I can be incorrect about something I've already done? Now, that's rude. It's incredible how people trying to attack other that are here to help. I provided a link that basically gave them the answer to their question. That's all. Also, if they want more information, and you did say that they don't always do, they send your an RFE and don't deny your petition.

Edited by AF-Wife

Miew Miew thank you so much! And also andrew and thatgirl2. You guys were actually being very helpful and i appreciate it!!

Very disrespectful. Whatever you say doesn't really matter to me. I sincerely tried to help you like I help others here. Good luck with your petition. That will be last thing I will say to this subject here.

Timeline

Very disrespectful. Whatever you say doesn't really matter to me. I sincerely tried to help you like I help others here. Good luck with your petition. That will be last thing I will say to this subject here.

Im sorry, your link was helpful too, this has gone too far, i apologize. I was just a little taken aback by your initial responce and the tone in which you gave me your help. I did find helpful information from your link however and so I definately say thankyou for that. Im sure you didnt mean to be rude, but as someone just innocently seeking help, it felt like it was rude to me.

Anyways! Thankyou :)

10/09/2012 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.