sammi2012

N652-Decision cannot be made on N400

13 posts in this topic

I applied for my N400 based on LPR status of 5 years, my interview was 9/11/2012, but my excitement turned to disappointment when the IO started interrogated me about my previous marriage through which I had gotten my GC. I was married in feb 2005, I got my conditional GC on june 2006. I had a brief affair in 2007 when my husband left me and had a child out of my marriage. My husband was very upset to say the least. he threated divorce, but never did. I got my PGC in 2009. My husband and I seperated and in 2012 i filed for a divorce. I applied for my N400 soon after. The IO asked me a bunch of questions, ask me to provide a birth certificate for my child. She had me sign a sworn statement regarding specific questions she asked me and then she continued with the rest of the interview, she had me sign the application, asked me how I wanted my name written, and had me sign the 2 photographs that was submitted with the application. Then she handed me the N652-decision cannot yet be made. I am so nervous, it is now almost 60 days and I have not heard a word from USCIS. please someone who has been through similiar situation, help me with some well needed advice or encouragement.

BTW- All my previous appl for GC had photos or me and my husband, we filed taxes together, he was beneficary of my life insurance. He was on my health and dental coverage at work and all the things proving that our marriage wa valid. I loved him when I married him and it wasnt just to get a GC. someone please help!

• 2 weeks later...

She looking for grounds of bonafied marriage

I understand that, but they have all of my evidence in thier file. My husband and I tax documents, he was beneficiary on my life insurance policy, we have pictures, lease, bank account, utilies together. We are now divorced so i cannot create any further evidence. still nervous and wondering what they could be looking for.

Filed: Other Timeline

Nothing in your story, as you have told it, indicates a problem. Neither is receiving the N-652 a problem per se. I would be very surprised if you were not approved. You DID file based on residency, not marriage, correct?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Nothing in your story, as you have told it, indicates a problem. Neither is receiving the N-652 a problem per se. I would be very surprised if you were not approved. You DID file based on residency, not marriage, correct?

Yes thats correct.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't be worried

Sometimes it happens and it takes a little bit.

You can call the cutomer service and request a service request or talk with an immigration officer to look at your file.

If nothing still, by law they are required to give you a decision after 120 days of the interview (hope you hear sooner sure), if nothing after that window time you can take them to court where they will be forced to adjust your application.

As long as you are clean (no bad criminal record), and all information your provided valid and true, then rest assured its just a matter of time.

Yes thats correct.

Edited by no_where_man

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My friend had her interview 09/26/2012. She is married, all looks good, but she got the same - Decision can not be made. She had an infopass two weeks ago, they said her wait for three months after the interview and then make an infopass again. They said her case is under FBI check - she never did anything wrong, so we think her name can be similar to somebody else's or she got this check as a bad lottery. It seems so not fair!

I had an interview for citizenship this november. I am married with my us citizen spouse. The test about civic history i passed the test. When the IO asked wheres my husband and asked his phone number. I gave the old phone coz i just didnt fix my new phone yet so she called the number I gave but the IO didnt talked to my husband. After that theres a lot of questions about my spouse.my husband that time is not with me. I already have all the documents and they got it from me. The decision cannot be made yet so I am stress out on what would be the next decision. I am worried co even te last name change they asked why? Isnt allowed to change last name and retain your previous lastname i really love my husband but just want to retain my previous one. Someone gave me advice please worry much..

Waw.... I can totally relate to your situation. Istill have not heard any updates on my case status..I am worried and anxious about why its taking so long to make a decision on my case. I will certainly post an update once I get one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My friend had her interview 09/26/2012. She is married, all looks good, but she got the same - Decision can not be made. She had an infopass two weeks ago, they said her wait for three months after the interview and then make an infopass again. They said her case is under FBI check - she never did anything wrong, so we think her name can be similar to somebody else's or she got this check as a bad lottery. It seems so not fair!

To my understanding, nowadays USCIS conducts N400 interview after all background checks are cleared. Is it true?

no actually interviews are done before background check, but not everyone gets a background check

I think everybody gets a routine background check but some get more detailed ones if there is a red flag during the routine one (like a name match with a wanted person for example). The interview can be before or after the check has been completed. If the check has not been completed at the time of the interview, then the officer does not make a decision at the end of the interview and the case goes into pending mode until the check clears.

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I had my naturalization interview today (Chicago). The interview results said - You passed the test of English and U. S history and goverment and USCIS will send you a written decision about your application. I'm worried because my friend told me that when she had her interview the IO's checked box A - that say's Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. Mine has no check. Is this something that I need to worry about? Please help me guys.......

AOS-

July 13, 2009 - AOS Package sent to Chicago via Fedex

July 14, 2009 - AOS Package delivered signed by J.CHYBA

July 20, 2009 - Recieved NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 (date of notice July 17, 2009)

July 21, 2009 - Touched(I-485 and I-765)

July 27, 2009 - Recieved Biometrics Appoinment Letter(for August 19, 2009/2pm) July 22, 2009 date of Notice

July 30, 2009 - Case Transfered to California

Aug 03, 2009 - Transfer Notice in Mail

Aug 05, 2009 - Touched(I-485)

Aug 06, 2009 - Touched(I-485)

Aug 19, 2009 - Biometrics done

Aug 20, 2009 - Touched (I-485) and (I-765)

Aug 29, 2009 - EAD(I-765) card production ordered

Sept 04, 2009 - EAD Approval Notice Sent - Thank you God!!!

Sept 08, 2009 - EAD card in hand. Thank you God, Happy Birthday Mama Mary..

Oct 16, 2009 - Touched(I-485)

Oct 19, 2009 - Touched(I-485)

Oct 28, 2009 - Card Production Ordered (I-485)

Oct 29, 2009 - Welcome Letter mailed

Nov 03, 2009 - I-485 APPROVED

Nov 05, 2009 - Permanent Resident Card Received (GC)

"The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen.Everyting about the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure, God had already arranged all our tomorrows, we just have to trust him as he leads.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.