2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my case aproved in july/2012 :lol: ... Still waiting for interview... :bonk:

congrats gizq, when did you file yours??

Edited by Bless_me

Filed: Timeline

I filed my in 04/2011 and got approved in 07/2012.

gizq there is something wrong with your case, you are waiting almost 10months to attend AOS interview. Are you sure you have a pending I-485? did you file I-485 concurrently with form I-360?

That IS a long time to be waiting for an AOS interview/approval!

Sandra, what are some of the reasons or things that could be wrong and causing it to take so long?

Also, I filed my I-485 AFTER my VAWA, not sent in together, does that make a difference?

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

You should contact one of your congressional representatives to enquire on your behalf, since it shouldn't take that long to receive an I-485 interview when your I-360 has been approved.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

OMG OMG OMG I JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING MY i360 is APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shaking lol

Congrats girl I'm so happy happy happy...... I always used u as my marker cause u filed a month before me

Edited by nardah1

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hertruestrengh sometimes I-360 Vawa cases takes longer than others because they are doing background check (maybe found people with similar names) sometimes because they request evidence.Each adjudicator receives same number of cases per week,but in some cases they do not need to request evidence and it means he/she will be ahead adjudicating his/her cases.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Hertruestrengh sometimes I-360 Vawa cases takes longer than others because they are doing background check (maybe found people with similar names) sometimes because they request evidence.Each adjudicator receives same number of cases per week,but in some cases they do not need to request evidence and it means he/she will be ahead adjudicating his/her cases.

Thanks Sandra, but I think you may have misunderstood my question...(please see my timeline)

I want to know what would cause the adjudicating of the I-485 to take so long AFTER the I-360 VAWA has been approved: gizq has been waiting for I-485 interview/notice approximately 10 months since VAWA has been approved and you responded that something must be wrong.

So what are some possibilities that would make it take so long?

As for my case, where exactly would my I-485 be right now/where would it need to go before I get any notice/update on it?

I'm asking all this because I'm trying to figure out what to do since my EAD expires mid-July, and I'm going to need to start the renewal process soon, but I would not like to pay that $ then by I-485 comes through...

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.