izola

Original copies for Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi, I have previously sent my certified copies (or for a few to NVC my only copies) of documents to USCIS and NVC. I'm reading through the guildelines and directives at NVCs homepage and they say that some originals are passed on to the embassy. I just want to make sure here since I don't want to be delayed by my own stupidity yet again. The documents that I have sent certified copies of to NVC -> do I need to bring yet another set of certified copies to the NVC or a regular copy assuming they allready have the former ones I sent to NVC?

It's quite costly and time consuming to keep chasing documents from the courthouse for my divorce and what not, but I really want to know before hand.

Thank you!

when you sent certified copies to NVC..bring your original documents to the embassy and they will returned it back to you after the interview :) if you didn't bring it with you.it will cause delay on your visa :( you don't have to bring another certified copies to the embassy..you've already sent it to NVC..

the embassy will also returned The I 130 package..

Good Luck

Edited by Jason and Shifa

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

For a couple of them all I had was certified copies that are now in NVC hands. That's why I'm worried if I'm going to have to go digging for more of them. It's not always that easy. I believe the courthouse is getting tired of me asking for more and more copies of my divorce decree ;) Where I gave mine to the embassy when I moved over the last time and did not get it returned from them.

Hopefully that certified copy was sent over to the embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I would bring another certified copy to the interview just in case. When I get certified copies of any document I usually get 3 of them at a time so I always have extras. I feel like I'm always needing a copy of my divorce decree for something. For a marriage that barely lasted a year it sure has caused a lot of headache!

Although, I think with Stockholm they don't ask to see very much paperwork at the interview and it lasts a few minutes. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.