N-o-l-a

November I-130 Filers

916 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello,

I am a new person here. My husband filed I-130 for me on Nov 2012. The file number is MSCxxxx. I dont hear anything till today for approval.

Can I (beneficiary) call USCIS to request where my file is? Many people said I cant call but I just want to know why.

You can try and call- you hear the computarized voice telling you that the petitioner must be present. So that means unless your husband is in the same room with you, the call will be waste of time I guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello,

I am a new person here. My husband filed I-130 for me on Nov 2012. The file number is MSCxxxx. I dont hear anything till today for approval.

Can I (beneficiary) call USCIS to request where my file is? Many people said I cant call but I just want to know why.

No, you can't, and the reason is because at this point, USCIS has no idea who you are. Until the petition is approved, they don't know if you're just in it for the green card or what. You're not an American citizen or even green card holder yet, so they're not obligated to give you any information. Only the USC can call. Once the case is approved and moved on to NVC, then both petitioner and beneficiary can call for information.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

:time:

What is your local field office?

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

oldlady.gif

Timeline

How are you all doing?

Do you know about Omaha field office? Are they fast or something you can put comments? Or please instruct me which sub forum should I learn about this.

Thank you.

You can do a search specific to your field office here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Then it's just a matter of browsing timelines to get an idea.

oldlady.gif

Hey everyone turns out i don't need to go to that info pass appointment after all. I got a letter in the mail saying my case has been approved. NOA2! Praise the Lord! So i checked my e-mail because i didn't get any sorta text. Also no e-mail. So i checked my status online and it was approved on the 15th! So that just goes to show they may not even text or e-mail you- like i signed up for. Also to answer some questions mine NEVER left the NBC. So if your petition is still in initial review and it's been over 5 months it is possible that the NBC still has it and will approve it. My petition took a total of 5 months and 1 week.

I tried to cancel my info pass appointment and after trying it like 5 times it kept saying i can no longer cancel it. Then had this 1-800 # to call. Same dang number i have been calling during this process just when i thought the calling was over. The lady wanted ALL my info then went on saying how my petition has been approved "so what the heck do you want?" kinda thing. I said that's exactly the problem it's been approved and it wont let me cancel my info pass appointment. I described the message and how it said i can no longer cancel my appointment. She argued and said that i CAN cancel it... are you sure? maybe it's because it's only 4 days until the appointment?

So that is the new problem. Canceling that appointment.

I strongly believe with all that i am that all you November filers who haven't gotten their approval yet, will get it soon. Don't expect 7-8-9 months, They only tell you that to get you off the phone and out of their hair. Stay positive! :D

Filed: Timeline

NOA2 today for me too!

Some insightful info from my experience that I thought you would all appreciate.

I FedEx'd a letter from overseas to the Local Office where my i130 was stuck at. That local office emailed me promptly and interacted with me over email and accepted attached documents by email. They also gave me a local number to the SF field office- which they answer! They were very helpful.

Once Local Office is done, they did not issue NOA2. They instead ship it off (snail mail not email) to MSC with their recommendation essentially (in my case at least) who then formally issue the NOA2.

The entire process at the local office was never known to the USCIS call center. As far as they were concerned (tier 1 and 2), my application never left MSC/NSC.

Hope this info proves helpful!

NOA1 8NOV2012

NOA2 19APR2013

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

Hey everyone turns out i don't need to go to that info pass appointment after all. I got a letter in the mail saying my case has been approved. NOA2! Praise the Lord! So i checked my e-mail because i didn't get any sorta text. Also no e-mail. So i checked my status online and it was approved on the 15th! So that just goes to show they may not even text or e-mail you- like i signed up for. Also to answer some questions mine NEVER left the NBC. So if your petition is still in initial review and it's been over 5 months it is possible that the NBC still has it and will approve it. My petition took a total of 5 months and 1 week.

I tried to cancel my info pass appointment and after trying it like 5 times it kept saying i can no longer cancel it. Then had this 1-800 # to call. Same dang number i have been calling during this process just when i thought the calling was over. The lady wanted ALL my info then went on saying how my petition has been approved "so what the heck do you want?" kinda thing. I said that's exactly the problem it's been approved and it wont let me cancel my info pass appointment. I described the message and how it said i can no longer cancel my appointment. She argued and said that i CAN cancel it... are you sure? maybe it's because it's only 4 days until the appointment?

So that is the new problem. Canceling that appointment.

I strongly believe with all that i am that all you November filers who haven't gotten their approval yet, will get it soon. Don't expect 7-8-9 months, They only tell you that to get you off the phone and out of their hair. Stay positive! :D

when was your noa1? btw congrats!!

NOA2 today for me too!

Some insightful info from my experience that I thought you would all appreciate.

I FedEx'd a letter from overseas to the Local Office where my i130 was stuck at. That local office emailed me promptly and interacted with me over email and accepted attached documents by email. They also gave me a local number to the SF field office- which they answer! They were very helpful.

Once Local Office is done, they did not issue NOA2. They instead ship it off (snail mail not email) to MSC with their recommendation essentially (in my case at least) who then formally issue the NOA2.

The entire process at the local office was never known to the USCIS call center. As far as they were concerned (tier 1 and 2), my application never left MSC/NSC.

Hope this info proves helpful!

NOA1 8NOV2012

NOA2 19APR2013

congrats!!! this gives me hope mines is around the corner

event.png

somedaysoon , dubaiguy - yayyyy !!

My NOA 2 is closer day by day.... right????

Sweety-sweet, i am almost positive you will get your NOA 2 soon! And you are right, although we don't know the exact day- each day that goes by is closer to that day!

when was your noa1? btw congrats!!

congrats!!! this gives me hope mines is around the corner

Thanks, laurie1015! My NOA 1 was Nov. 9th. Also i am sure yours is around the corner too! (:

Sweety-sweet, i am almost positive you will get your NOA 2 soon! And you are right, although we don't know the exact day- each day that goes by is closer to that day!

Thanks, laurie1015! My NOA 1 was Nov. 9th. Also i am sure yours is around the corner too! (:

I HOPE SO FINGERS CROSSED!!! :dance: :dance: :D:P:dance:

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Our I-130 is in process for 5 months today. The status in the website shows "initial review" for 5 months. Shall we ask service request or info pass at local USCIS office? Kindly advise. Thank you.

What is your local field office?

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.