kintu

Chicago recommendations needed (hotel, parking)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Fellow VJers,hope you all are having a good weekend.i wanted some advice from the people who already had the chance to go to the Chicago office.my interview is on Nov 26 and both me and my wife are not very familiar with the geography of the place.i want to know about a good hotel and a car parking garage near the destination.the interview is at 9:30 am and we do not wanna get caught up in the famous Chicago traffic on this important day of our lives.i look forward to hear your advice, suggestions & experiences. thank you

Edited by kintu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know nothing about the chicago facility itself, however being from chicago, I suggest you definitely google a hotel w/in walking distance. Stay out of your car as much as possible. Especially that early in the morning.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I know nothing about the chicago facility itself, however being from chicago, I suggest you definitely google a hotel w/in walking distance. Stay out of your car as much as possible. Especially that early in the morning.

thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from General Immigration to Off Topic and changing title to be more descriptive ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Fellow VJers,hope you all are having a good weekend.i wanted some advice from the people who already had the chance to go to the Chicago office.my interview is on Nov 26 and both me and my wife are not very familiar with the geography of the place.i want to know about a good hotel and a car parking garage near the destination.the interview is at 9:30 am and we do not wanna get caught up in the famous Chicago traffic on this important day of our lives.i look forward to hear your advice, suggestions & experiences. thank you

where are you coming in from? are the trains an option for you?

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

where are you coming in from? are the trains an option for you?

we would be coming from the West IL,i am trying to get a hotel and the parking in the close proximity to the Chicago office.i have been looking at the local metro map and the station Lasalle is the nearest one but being a huge city,i really do not want to travel in the metro and would prefer finding a car parking garage nearby. www.chicagometers.com is a place where you can look for available parking at the local parking meters.

Timeline

What is your price range? I'm from Chicago and very familiar with that area.

is chinatown a safe neighborhood to stay ? i found few hotels in chinatown that seems good and not that far.what is your take on that sir ?

Edited by kintu