paitence

IR-1 and CR-1/ consultant confusion.

9 posts in this topic

I have/had a immigration consultant that I have recently tried to "let go" so to speak, because I haven't felt they have helped much in my case. Instead of letting me end their services they just forwarded my case to a new case worker. Who told me we would be applying for an "IR-1". The confusion I have is every wher I'm looking, I see that the IR1 is meant for people married over 2 years? Me and my husband are at 1 1/2 years. So when I asked if she knew that and if it changes my category to CR-1, the response was "I've had couples who have been married for 2 minutes approved for IR-1" now, I don't really know. I'm getting so confused by all the stuff I'm being told by these people. It doesn't seem like they're wanting to let us go as clients either. Does this advice seem factual?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, that does not sound right. Like you said, an IR-1 is issued to couples married 2 years & over; a CR-1 is issued to couples married for less than 2 years.

When filing the petition though, the form is just referred to as I-130 (Immigrant petition for relative, fiance(e) or orphan.

Edited by Wakey86

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Hi, that does not sound right. Like you said, an IR-1 is issued to couples married 2 years & over; a CR-1 is issued to couples married for less than 2 years.

When filing the petition though, the form is just referred to as I-130 (Immigrant petition for relative, fiance(e) or orphan.

Yes, I have already filed the i-130, with no help from this company. Which is why I am trying to let them go. Not only that, but when we started with this company 2 months ago, they had me under the impression that I was starting a K-3 visa. Which I later found out was not even going to be approved as such. In the 2 months I've been working with them, I've had so many run arounds. I filed my i-130 on last Thursday. Which in my opinion could have been filed and sent the week I started their services... Why they prolonged the process for 2 months, I have no idea. But I got my own stuff together and started doing my own research on this helpful forum, and decided to just take matters into my own hands. If I had followed their advice, my i-130 would not even be sent to this day, and would be more than likely collecting dust on some attorneys desk being used as a coaster or something.

I know its not in good manners to speak like this, but honestly, its my lively hood I'm more concerned about. At the end of the day, I'm going to just have to do what I feel is right, and not what someone is trying to convince me is right. I have my intuition and my investigative side, so I'm hoping that will be enough to get me through this whole process. Because as I see it, I'm going to have to do it all on my own. I can't even trust what I'm being told by the people I'm paying to be professional and get this done for me. Its really just another speed bump. I can't believe that there are actually people that go through companies like this, I can't imagine what their timelines look like.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She is wrong. If you were just filing now, an argument could be made for you getting a IR-1 because you will likely immigrate after the second anniversary and thus get the ten year greencard straight away, but the "2 minutes married and getting the IR-1" is absolutely false.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

From my understanding...when you send in the 130 you are applying for the IR1/CR1. If you POE after your two year marriage anniversary the beneficiary will be granted the IR1 stamp. If you have not been married 2 years as of POE then the beneficiary will get the CR1 stamp.

So...since you have been married a year and a half, if your process takes at least 6 months, the beneficiary will end up with the IR1.

11/10/12 Married

11/12/12 I-130 Petition mailed from Brazil

11/16/12 NOA1 email

11/30/12 NOA1 Letter (mailed to Brazil)

01/09/13 NOA2 email and online update (56 days from NOA1)

01/23/13 NOA2 Letter arrived (mailed to Brazil)

01/22/13 Arrived at NVC

02/04/13 Assigned NVC numbers

02/04/13 Sent 3032 by email

02/07/13 Received 3032/864

02/07/13 Paid AOS/864

02/07/13 Mailed AOS/864

02/11/13 AOS/864 arrived

02/14/13 Emailed scanned copy of 3032

02/15/13 3032 Accepted

02/18/13 AOS/864 accepted

02/18/13 IV bill invoiced and paid

02/19/13 Mailed IV package

02/22/13 IV package arrived

03/04/13 Case Complete (1 month since NVC numbers assigned)

04/12/13 Interview

05/04/13 Received Passport with Visa

06/22/13 POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes, I have already filed the i-130, with no help from this company. Which is why I am trying to let them go. Not only that, but when we started with this company 2 months ago, they had me under the impression that I was starting a K-3 visa. Which I later found out was not even going to be approved as such. In the 2 months I've been working with them, I've had so many run arounds. I filed my i-130 on last Thursday. Which in my opinion could have been filed and sent the week I started their services... Why they prolonged the process for 2 months, I have no idea. But I got my own stuff together and started doing my own research on this helpful forum, and decided to just take matters into my own hands. If I had followed their advice, my i-130 would not even be sent to this day, and would be more than likely collecting dust on some attorneys desk being used as a coaster or something.

I know its not in good manners to speak like this, but honestly, its my lively hood I'm more concerned about. At the end of the day, I'm going to just have to do what I feel is right, and not what someone is trying to convince me is right. I have my intuition and my investigative side, so I'm hoping that will be enough to get me through this whole process. Because as I see it, I'm going to have to do it all on my own. I can't even trust what I'm being told by the people I'm paying to be professional and get this done for me. Its really just another speed bump. I can't believe that there are actually people that go through companies like this, I can't imagine what their timelines look like.

Oh dear!!! They really delayed your process-clearly they have no idea what they're doing :bonk:

Sometimes it is good to have an intuitive side because it saves you a lot!! My husband and I filed the I-130 on our own & the forms were accepted so I guess we must have done something right,lol

However we've chosen to hire an attorney for the rest of the process because it's too much mumbo jumbo for us. Luckily it is a reputable firm which has successfully processed family visas so we're confident we're in good hands. However this doesn't mean that we don't do our own research.

Now it's just playing the waiting game - and what sucks the most is when your file is at Vermont. Good times. Oh well!!! :cry:

Edited by Wakey86

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

She is wrong. If you were just filing now, an argument could be made for you getting a IR-1 because you will likely immigrate after the second anniversary and thus get the ten year greencard straight away, but the "2 minutes married and getting the IR-1" is absolutely false.

I'm hoping that will not be the case. Our "Hopeful" date of POE will be in February. Our 2nd anniversary will be on the 12th of March. I've gone through the DCF in London, so I'm hoping it wouldn't take 5 months, but if it does it does..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck!!! I am sure you are dying to get this done, like the rest of us, but consider waiting the month until March 12. If you do...the beneficiary will not need to go through ROC in 2 years (or something like that)...added expense and a pain. Do some research, if you have not already, on VJ about ROC (removal of conditions) to get an idea of the additional journey :)

11/10/12 Married

11/12/12 I-130 Petition mailed from Brazil

11/16/12 NOA1 email

11/30/12 NOA1 Letter (mailed to Brazil)

01/09/13 NOA2 email and online update (56 days from NOA1)

01/23/13 NOA2 Letter arrived (mailed to Brazil)

01/22/13 Arrived at NVC

02/04/13 Assigned NVC numbers

02/04/13 Sent 3032 by email

02/07/13 Received 3032/864

02/07/13 Paid AOS/864

02/07/13 Mailed AOS/864

02/11/13 AOS/864 arrived

02/14/13 Emailed scanned copy of 3032

02/15/13 3032 Accepted

02/18/13 AOS/864 accepted

02/18/13 IV bill invoiced and paid

02/19/13 Mailed IV package

02/22/13 IV package arrived

03/04/13 Case Complete (1 month since NVC numbers assigned)

04/12/13 Interview

05/04/13 Received Passport with Visa

06/22/13 POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what city and country is this 'consulant' office in ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.