lostinblue

Another kenyan "fact" gone wrong

55 posts in this topic

planned parenthood isn't just for women. all the women i know who use planned parenthood for checkups and birth control, also have health insurance through their job. it's less costly than a regular obgyn appointment. so thanks but, most women (just like most men) don't need to learn how to pay their own way...

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/men-4285.htm

If that's the case then they don't need my tax dollars. Looks like they can handle it on their own.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

So much Planned Parenthood outrage and the angriest ones don't even know what PP does. :rofl:

Why are taxpayers paying for planned parenthood? Do taxpayers owe them something?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

You'all must live in some crappy places, and have some crappy insurance. It costs the wife a $20 copay to see her OBGYN, and the "pill" cost another $20 for a 90 day supply. She used Depo for five years, and that was free. When I get my vasectomy, that will be free.

Oh, and we both get a free physical once a year.

Edited by The Patriot

You'all must live in some crappy places, and have some crappy insurance. It costs the wife a $20 copay to see her OBGYN, and the "pill" cost another $20 for a 90 day supply. She used Depo for five years, and that was free. When I get my vasectomy, that will be free.

Right. Not everybody is able to get insurance, let alone GOOD insurance. That's why places like PP exist.

I've never had to use one, but it's nice to have the option if my husband were to lose his job. Nobody would insure me with my pre-existing condition.

If you didn't know, California is one of the few states to have a birth control mandate pre-Obamacare and that is something that only happened within the past 10 years or so. About 15 years ago, and in large swathes of the country today birth control is not covered and can actually be very expensive, especially for young people and someone on a limited income

I have great insurance now but it was not always the case - when I was working in my early 20s for a temp agency with no insurance I availed myself of PP services (at the Boston clinic where that receptionist got shot no less), including treatment for pre-cancerous cells at the ripe old age of 24. I have worked my entire life, paid taxes and never availed myself of any public assistance.

90day.jpg

1344384408471_6613341.png

sigbet.jpg