ginapb77

Depression and anxiety...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So, our process is almost finished. I submitted the DS230 about 2 weeks ago. Now, I am severely depressed every time I talk to my husband because I want him to be here so badly and it feels like this process will never end. I know we are at the end of the process but, this is the hardest time I have had through all of it. I don't know how to get out of this funk. He keeps telling me it will be okay because he will be here within the next 2 months. But I feel like time is dragging and it will never happen. Has anyone felt this way? I am trying to remain optimistic. However, it is so hard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Are there AP waiting times in Turkey?

You're SO close to the end. Look at this time as exciting! You're on the final countdown. An end is in sight! Instead of focusing on him not being here, focus on him SOON being here. If there's anything you need to prepare for before his arrival try and get that done. New bedding/pillows? Different recipes you want to perfect before he arrives? If you don't know his language consider taking a class or look into an English class for him to help him lessen any accent issues (one thing I read about is for job interviews it's harder with thicker accents)? What about a car for him to drive? Or a bike to ride?

Please also remember that he is probably going through different feelings to you. You miss each other sure, but he is about to leave ALL he knows, his country, his family, his friends, the comfort of knowing what people are saying all the time, or how to do things. Not to make you feel bad, but your anxiety about missing him and wishing he was there and his need to comfort you from feeling this way, is also probably warring with any anxiety he's feeling about leaving.

Timeline

Are there AP waiting times in Turkey?

You're SO close to the end. Look at this time as exciting! You're on the final countdown. An end is in sight! Instead of focusing on him not being here, focus on him SOON being here. If there's anything you need to prepare for before his arrival try and get that done. New bedding/pillows? Different recipes you want to perfect before he arrives? If you don't know his language consider taking a class or look into an English class for him to help him lessen any accent issues (one thing I read about is for job interviews it's harder with thicker accents)? What about a car for him to drive? Or a bike to ride?

Please also remember that he is probably going through different feelings to you. You miss each other sure, but he is about to leave ALL he knows, his country, his family, his friends, the comfort of knowing what people are saying all the time, or how to do things. Not to make you feel bad, but your anxiety about missing him and wishing he was there and his need to comfort you from feeling this way, is also probably warring with any anxiety he's feeling about leaving.

You are right! I don't know about any AP waiting times ( I don't know what that is :)). He is anxious about the wait but I know he is also anxious about leaving his family. He is from a small town in Turkey and I am so nervous that he will be unhappy. However, I hope that he will be excited about all the new things he will see and experience. This is the end of the process and I need to get out of this funk! Thanks for your kind words!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

So, our process is almost finished. I submitted the DS230 about 2 weeks ago. Now, I am severely depressed every time I talk to my husband because I want him to be here so badly and it feels like this process will never end. I know we are at the end of the process but, this is the hardest time I have had through all of it. I don't know how to get out of this funk. He keeps telling me it will be okay because he will be here within the next 2 months. But I feel like time is dragging and it will never happen. Has anyone felt this way? I am trying to remain optimistic. However, it is so hard.

I totally Understand your feelings.....When we got our interview date it was 2 1/2 months after we learned about the date. I felt the same about the time moving so slow...I had to get my anxiety under control ...I am a photographer and so what i did was take a photo of each sunset everyday. Counting down my last sunsets without him. It kept me from overthinking it. Just line things up for him to come and do. It can be an exciting time! you have the largest wait time behind you and sometimes its hard to believe the waiting is almost done! You can do this!!!! What small city is he from?

Timeline

I totally Understand your feelings.....When we got our interview date it was 2 1/2 months after we learned about the date. I felt the same about the time moving so slow...I had to get my anxiety under control ...I am a photographer and so what i did was take a photo of each sunset everyday. Counting down my last sunsets without him. It kept me from overthinking it. Just line things up for him to come and do. It can be an exciting time! you have the largest wait time behind you and sometimes its hard to believe the waiting is almost done! You can do this!!!! What small city is he from?

He is from Adiyaman (southeast Turkey). I lived there for 6 months and it was an experience :D I just hope they approve him so he can come over here. I don't know if I can do Turkey again ( I was there 2 1/2 years). You are right, the hard part is over but I think this is getting me down because it is sooooo close to the end!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

He is from Adiyaman (southeast Turkey). I lived there for 6 months and it was an experience :D I just hope they approve him so he can come over here. I don't know if I can do Turkey again ( I was there 2 1/2 years). You are right, the hard part is over but I think this is getting me down because it is sooooo close to the end!

Yes, I have noticed so many of us get so much more anxiety towards the end because we are so uncertain of the outcome, but you living there as long as you did will probably help your case get approved quickly. Think happy happy happy he is almost here.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

Yes, I have noticed so many of us get so much more anxiety towards the end because we are so uncertain of the outcome, but you living there as long as you did will probably help your case get approved quickly. Think happy happy happy he is almost here.

Well, I called yesterday. They stated our file was closed on October 18th and we are now simply waiting for an appointment!! I am estatic but yes, I am nervous because of the uncertainty of whether they will approve his visa but I am praying my time there will help our case :) You guys that have replied are helping me and I truly appreciate this!

Timeline

You are right! I don't know about any AP waiting times ( I don't know what that is :)). He is anxious about the wait but I know he is also anxious about leaving his family. He is from a small town in Turkey and I am so nervous that he will be unhappy. However, I hope that he will be excited about all the new things he will see and experience. This is the end of the process and I need to get out of this funk! Thanks for your kind words!

Yes they do have AP my husband was 3 months waiting for his visa. Like everyone else said ...look at the end of the tunnel.. it is more bright.... :)

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

it is a good bonafide if you were living with him from so long. Did you go back again... How long?

Edited by evelyn1140

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.