OneLuvv

Guidances for the Blind :)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay...for starters, I wish I had found this site when we first started our K1 process. It truly has so much info on here to literally help you, step-by-step. Yet, unaware, we hired a lawyer and nothing wrong with the idea, just more of the thought of saving us $. :) So, I'm reaching out to my new found friends on here. Our interview was denied and said it was being sent back to where it was approve for review. So, we are trying to get that next step figure out.

Here are the thoughts playing in my head....since we don't know NOW the length of this "redirected step"...I was thinking of making a 2nd trip to visit him in December, since things didn't go as we hoped. Then, I "thought" of "maybe" getting him to visit me as he has more flexability in time than me due to my job and kids. If I visit him, my time will only allow a 8-10 days stay vs him a 90 days stay (as far as hear-say goes). Forgive me if I state incorrect info, but from what I heard it's harder to bring him here to the states for a temp visit vs me going to him.

Is this true?

If not, how do I go about this?

And, IF it's possible, would him visiting me risk anything during our wait into our next step?

Finally, Dec and June/July are my best times to travel...should I assume due to timing that I should plan my trip in Dec; than look into him visiting me next time (allowing more time to get that going)?

Again, all this is new to me. I fell so blind...so plz any thoughts, suggestions, guidance is truly appreciated. **Best wishes**

awfudcqonva3.png

Filed: Timeline

Okay...for starters, I wish I had found this site when we first started our K1 process. It truly has so much info on here to literally help you, step-by-step. Yet, unaware, we hired a lawyer and nothing wrong with the idea, just more of the thought of saving us $. :) So, I'm reaching out to my new found friends on here. Our interview was denied and said it was being sent back to where it was approve for review. So, we are trying to get that next step figure out.

Here are the thoughts playing in my head....since we don't know NOW the length of this "redirected step"...I was thinking of making a 2nd trip to visit him in December, since things didn't go as we hoped. Then, I "thought" of "maybe" getting him to visit me as he has more flexability in time than me due to my job and kids. If I visit him, my time will only allow a 8-10 days stay vs him a 90 days stay (as far as hear-say goes). Forgive me if I state incorrect info, but from what I heard it's harder to bring him here to the states for a temp visit vs me going to him.

Is this true?

And, IF it's possible, would him visiting me risk anything during our wait into our next step?

Finally, Dec and June/July are my best times to travel...should I assume due to timing that I should plan my trip in Dec; than look into him visiting me next time (allowing more time to get that going)?

Again, all this is new to me. I fell so blind...so plz any thoughts, suggestions, guidance is truly appreciated. **Best wishes**

1) Have you taken ALL the steps post denial? Like contacting the embassy for specific reason, contacting your Senator(s)? What does your Lawyer have to say about the denial.

2) IMHO, it was almost impossible before to get a visiting visa and it is now practically impossible since he has now establish an intent to migrate to the embassy. I think you can safely rule out him getting a visa to visit.

3) Have you considered geting married when you go there? If you don't have any red flag from the interview that can't be gotten rid of by marriage.

We have a specific section for Nigerian news, mostly, so perhaps the mods can shuffle your post over there. If you were denied recently, please don't give up on that petition easily.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
We have a specific section for Nigerian news, mostly, so perhaps the mods can shuffle your post over there. If you were denied recently, please don't give up on that petition easily.
Conservatively speaking, this thread should probably remain in the K-1 forum, but I'll post a link to it in the regional site. Help from folks there should be forthcoming soon. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is basically impossible to get him here on a temp visa.

Why was your application sent back? Like what was the reason they gave you all? How was the interview? Was there some topics your fiance couldnt answer? Were their topics the interview kept asking about. If you can provide us with that info it maybe easier to give you advice on what to do next. Sorry about your sad news

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you hired a lawyer yet were still denied , you should have had a well prepared petition ( or the lawyer should be on the firing block ) and didn't do well at the interview. What are your red flags if any ? ( It helps us know what you are up against)

You are older than him and by how much

How long have you spent in Nigeira and was in in a hotel or did you stay at his family compound.

Have you met parents and siblings and do you have photos

Have either of you been married before and how long ago

What race are you ? Where were you born ?

What are your respective religions ?

How did you meet and how long ago ?

Has he ever tried for other visas to the USA , what type and when

Has be ever traveled to other non African countries ?

He is not going to get a visitors visa. To get one he has to prove he has to return to Nigeria and he just went to there asking to go live in the USA. Going to Abuja won't help as it is all in the computer

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is this true?

I am sorry to hear of your delay. It is only a delay so don't get too discouraged. :no: Good advice has been given above. :yes: I would like to add that the more visits you make the better it is to establish relationship. Lagos seems to like visits and pictures, so when you visit take many. Take pictures of outings and visits with family. Label the pictures with dates and who/where etc. Once you have followed all the post interview options you have, you can read different posts from this site specific to the embassy you will be interviewing at, and you will find a wealth of information to give you a better understanding of what Lagos is looking for and what you need to provide. God bless and may His favor go before you and prepare the way.

USCIS

Sent I-130 Petition - 11-23-11

NOA1 - 11-25-11

Sent K-3 Petition - 12-13-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

Submitted RFE Info - 8-23-12

Request to Withdraw K-3 Sent - 8-25-12

NOA2 I-130 APPROVED - 8-27-12

NOA2 K-3 APPROVED - 8-27-12

I-797C received in the mail for I-130 ad K-3 - 8-31-12

I-130 was approved 254 days from NOA1 date

NVC

NVC Received/Email Notification - 9-5-12

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

Paid I-864 Fee - 9-6-2012

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

I-864 accepted - 10-11-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

Response to RFE received - 10-15-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

USCIS request case be returned to them - 10-18-12

NVC reports case sent back on - 10-22-12

Timeline

The first and foremost thing is to ask your finance what was asked and how they answered. This will surely help t determine why you were denied. Sometimes they state it clearly on the form given sometimes not.

Try your best to get a 2nd interview than you can attend it when you go in December. Call your congressmen if you do not know the specifics. let me add as of late Lagos has been really going after people with ex's and women with children with ex's and your financials.

So go over that interview line by line and see if there are things that need to be addressed. And by all means you must get back for another visit thats vital.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

The first and foremost thing is to ask your finance what was asked and how they answered. This will surely help t determine why you were denied. Sometimes they state it clearly on the form given sometimes not.

Try your best to get a 2nd interview than you can attend it when you go in December. Call your congressmen if you do not know the specifics. let me add as of late Lagos has been really going after people with ex's and women with children with ex's and your financials.

So go over that interview line by line and see if there are things that need to be addressed. And by all means you must get back for another visit thats vital.

Interesting.

Here's my story: I (USC male of same tribe as my Fiancee) was previously married to a USC for over 13 years (4 kids), then had a divorce 3 years ago, I earn more than the required amount.

What issues, if any, do you think my Fiancee may face at the interview?

Fiancee knows the details of the divorce, names and ages of the kids, hasn't spoken to them (I don't speak to them either since they live with the Mother).

I asked this on here as it may help OP and others.

Edited by Gowon

Timeline

They may ask about how you met, they may ask if you have had an engagement and if you paid bride price. They may poke about a bit about the ex and the children. Ask why a Nigerian male doesn't see his children. They may ask about your home and your work and what she plans on doing in the US. They may ask if there are other relatives in the US. They may ask random questions.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It was jamican couple that I read on here was grilled about his fiancee's kids. I wish I could remember the details, but it seemed the co was annoyed that the guy had little interaction with his soon to be step kids.

It was jamican couple that I read on here was grilled about his fiancee's kids. I wish I could remember the details, but it seemed the co was annoyed that the guy had little interaction with his soon to be step kids.

Hmmm... I think I remember that thread.

My Fiancee has zero interaction with my kids because they don't live with me. Hope she gets an understanding CO who understands contentious divorces.

I'll go and search the archives for the Jamaican thread, thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.