Dustin and Janen

What is needed from Fiance for initial I-129F

25 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'll be traveling to the Philippines in about a month and I plan to propose to my girlfriend (if the time feels right) while we are in Boracay. In the event that she accepts my proposal I want to start working on the I-129F immediately.

- First Question: What should I get from her while I am there.

Based on the guide: 1) Passport photos, 2) a signed letter of intent to marry (within 90 day visa) from her, and 3) pictures of us together.

Is there anything else?

- Second Question: Where can we get passport photos in Makati City Manila?

Thanks for your help and hopefully I will be able to avoid postage wait times! Any other tips for someone diving into the I-129F are welcomed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

G-325a needs your fiancee's signature. There are places all over Makati that can do photos. Pretty much anywhere you see a Kodak sign. I've had it done in a Kodak store in a mall. 8 photos plus the CD for about $5 is what I paid last time and I was in an expensive mall (Powerplant).

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I'll be traveling to the Philippines in about a month and I plan to propose to my girlfriend (if the time feels right) while we are in Boracay. In the event that she accepts my proposal I want to start working on the I-129F immediately.

Based on the guide: 1) Passport photos, 2) a signed letter of intent to marry (within 90 day visa) from her, and 3) pictures of us together.

Is there anything else?

Thanks for your help and hopefully I will be able to avoid postage wait times! Any other tips for someone diving into the I-129F are welcomed!

You will need to get a lot of biographical info from her for the G-325a forms and she needs to sign all copies.

Passport photos are easy to get there, I got my fiancee (now wife!) several at the mall. Lots of small photo shops around. Make sure you read the 129F photo details, If I remember right you need WHITE background. The Philippines uses light blue background (or used to). Just tell the shop what background color and size. Might as well get 8 or so because you will need more later at the embassy interview, CFO etc.

I completed our 129F in 2009 and this info should still be valid.

Best Wishes

Hi,

Is there anything else?

That is awesome! I leave on Nov 6th back to the PI and plan on proposing while I'm over there as well! Good luck to you my friend and I hope you have a great trip! :thumbs::dance:

Also, I have read recently that one VJ member was asked for a Parental Consent to Marry, notorized letter of permission from his fiancee's parents, as an RFE by USCIS. I'm not entirely sure WHAT the story is to this BUT I am going to try to obtain one to send along with my packet as well. Just as a CYA.

Also, TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES! I'm going to print off all the pictures we take while I'm there so my soon-to-be fiancee can have a scrap book AND take to her interview as proof of meeting.

Again, GOOD LUCK and safe travels! :dance:

Hi,

Is there anything else?

When I assembled everything for my i-129F I used the checklist on here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

There is also a step by step guide on this site for the k1 you will need later, very, very useful if filing your own petition and k1 visa.

Good Luck

G-325a needs your fiancee's signature. There are places all over Makati that can do photos. Pretty much anywhere you see a Kodak sign. I've had it done in a Kodak store in a mall. 8 photos plus the CD for about $5 is what I paid last time and I was in an expensive mall (Powerplant).

Good luck.

That's cheap compared to the US. Thanks for the information!

Have her get lots of passport photos. She's going to need a lot more than eight photos. She's going to need passport photos throughout her journey to citizenship and beyond.

Here's a list off of the top of my head...

I-129F - 2

St. Lukes medical - 3

CFO seminar - 1

Embassy interview - 3

Adjusting status - 2 ???

Removing conditions - 2 ???

Naturalization - 2 ???

U.S. passport - 1 ???

By the way, I proposed to Chinook in Boracay.

Have a wonderful trip. :star:

Also, I have read recently that one VJ member was asked for a Parental Consent to Marry, notorized letter of permission from his fiancee's parents, as an RFE by USCIS. I'm not entirely sure WHAT the story is to this BUT I am going to try to obtain one to send along with my packet as well. Just as a CYA.

I thought this was something for the interview. Does anyone know if this needs to be included in the I-129? She is 22, so I know she will need one per Philippines law. I'm 25.

When I assembled everything for my i-129F I used the checklist on here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

There is also a step by step guide on this site for the k1 you will need later, very, very useful if filing your own petition and k1 visa.

Good Luck

As mentioned follow the guide here on VJ

Thanks! I'm aware of the guide. That is how I know what I already know. I was just looking for confirmation on what I should get while I'm there to make this process easier. Thanks, the guide is great - I was so lost before I read it!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have her get lots of passport photos. She's going to need a lot more than eight photos. She's going to need passport photos throughout her journey to citizenship and beyond.

Here's a list off of the top of my head...

I-129F - 2

St. Lukes medical - 3

CFO seminar - 1

Embassy interview - 3

Adjusting status - 2 ???

Removing conditions - 2 ???

Naturalization - 2 ???

U.S. passport - 1 ???

By the way, I proposed to Chinook in Boracay.

Have a wonderful trip. :star:

Passport photos should be taken within 30 days of filing for AOS, ROC,Naturalization & US passport. It's not that expensive. $ 5 for two photos at Costco. That's not a lot.

Passport photos should be taken within 30 days of filing for AOS, ROC,Naturalization & US passport. It's not that expensive. $ 5 for two photos at Costco. That's not a lot.

They must not check whether the photos have been taken within 30 days of filing. At least they didn't in our case. I'm glad to save $5 any time I can. :D

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

They must not check whether the photos have been taken within 30 days of filing. At least they didn't in our case. I'm glad to save $5 any time I can. :D

I gained significant weight due to pregnancy when I did my AOS. Then I lost weight when I had my ROC. The passport photos I had in the Phils, I was a lot skinner (104 Ibs). So you can just imagine how I looked different in all my passport photos for my applications! rofl.gif

Hi,

Is there anything else?

Just wanted to remind you to remember to keep everything you can that will show evidence of meeting - boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc.

And enjoy your trip. :thumbs:

I gained significant weight due to pregnancy when I did my AOS. Then I lost weight when I had my ROC. The passport photos I had in the Phils, I was a lot skinner (104 Ibs). So you can just imagine how I looked different in all my passport photos for my applications! rofl.gif

With all of that weight gain from your pregnancy, it's a good thing that you got updated photos. :yes:

Just wanted to remind you to remember to keep everything you can that will show evidence of meeting - boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc.

And enjoy your trip. :thumbs:

Hi stranger. :D Where have you been?

:ot2:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.