Emz.jlh

NOT EMPLOYED FIANCE, EXCEED IN FINANCIAL STATEMENTREQUIREMENTS, WITH 3 COSPONSORS

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My opinion:

Your fiancé should submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents. His joint sponsor should submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents.

The Consular Officer will look at your fiancé's income from 2011, and the CO will look at this year's income too, which your fiancé should provide. However, the CO will put the greatest weight on your fiancé's current sustained income. Even though he's still getting paid, and he can submit current paycheck stubs due to his severance, he still doesn't have an employer's letter. If you are asked to submit an employer's letter, you are going to have a problem. That's why he should prepare a joint sponsor and he should prepare proof of liquid assets.

Also, I strongly recommend, in a case like yours, that your fiancé attend your interview.

Correct, the embassy asked for a letter of employment. Since during the interview, we thought he would stay in his job for long and suddenly announced laying off of people. (as it is in the internet) :( so, what we were thinking is to submit ITR, Bank Statements, House deeds and title, 3 Cars title, paystubs when he was employed and severance payment. Then his mom and dad and stepmom as a cosponsors.

Will that work??? :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Correct, the embassy asked for a letter of employment. Since during the interview, we thought he would stay in his job for long and suddenly announced laying off of people. (as it is in the internet) :( so, what we were thinking is to submit ITR, Bank Statements, House deeds and title, 3 Cars title, paystubs when he was employed and severance payment. Then his mom and dad and stepmom as a cosponsors.

Will that work??? :(

I am getting confused about which form will be used if incase? I-864 or I-134. Since they are all living in different houses.

My fiance house, moms house, and dads/stepmom house.

My opinion:

Your fiancé should submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents. His joint sponsor should submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents.

The Consular Officer will look at your fiancé's income from 2011, and the CO will look at this year's income too, which your fiancé should provide. However, the CO will put the greatest weight on your fiancé's current sustained income. Even though he's still getting paid, and he can submit current paycheck stubs due to his severance, he still doesn't have an employer's letter. If you are asked to submit an employer's letter, you are going to have a problem. That's why he should prepare a joint sponsor and he should prepare proof of liquid assets.

Also, I strongly recommend, in a case like yours, that your fiancé attend your interview.

I am getting confused about which form will be used if incase? I-864 or I-134. Since they are all living in different houses.

My fiance house, moms house, and dads/stepmom house.

You can use only one joint sponsor. Usually the joint sponsor would submit an I-134 and it's supporting documents. However, I recommend that the joint sponsor submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents. I recommend this because an I-864 is legally binding, where an I-134 is not. Although I understand that you won't be interviewing in Manila, I've seen this method used with success there, even though K-1 joint sponsorship is a 50/50 gamble.

You and your fiancé need to build a strong financial case so that the CO will be convinced that you will not become a public charge when you are in the U.S.. Your fiancé needs to submit proof of his liquid assets. I would suggest submitting several bank statements, which would show the account balance over time. If he owns his house outright, I would send proof of that too. He can also use the second and third car, but not the primary one. Current paystubs are a must. If he has had a high income over the past three years, I would also include income tax returns and tax transcripts for those years. If either of you have special skills or an education or vocation that would make you more employable in the U.S., I would put that info into a notarized letter and submit it. Build a strong case. And make sure he attends your interview.

Timeline

You can use only one joint sponsor. Usually the joint sponsor would submit an I-134 and it's supporting documents. However, I recommend that the joint sponsor submit an I-864 and all of it's supporting documents. I recommend this because an I-864 is legally binding, where an I-134 is not. Although I understand that you won't be interviewing in Manila, I've seen this method used with success there, even though K-1 joint sponsorship is a 50/50 gamble.

You and your fiancé need to build a strong financial case so that the CO will be convinced that you will not become a public charge when you are in the U.S.. Your fiancé needs to submit proof of his liquid assets. I would suggest submitting several bank statements, which would show the account balance over time. If he owns his house outright, I would send proof of that too. He can also use the second and third car, but not the primary one. Current paystubs are a must. If he has had a high income over the past three years, I would also include income tax returns and tax transcripts for those years. If either of you have special skills or an education or vocation that would make you more employable in the U.S., I would put that info into a notarized letter and submit it. Build a strong case. And make sure he attends your interview.

bank statement around 30k or 40k, house deeds and titles, cars titles, old paystub, severance pYment, income tax return 1st year around 30k plus dollars, 2nd year around 40k plus and the recent one is 71k ITR. Then Affidavit of support and supporting docs (which is more likely the same with my fiance) thats all i can submit. Except that my cosponsor is employed and have a family business. He was skilled since hes from a good company and I am a degree holder. What do you think?

. I dont know what else we can do to get approved. Literally, everything is ok. The money i dont think will be questionable UNTIL we got lucky about his job and announced laying off of people Uggggh :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Tahoma and Jay-Kay, I got this from I-864 FAQ

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

Maybe I was just misunderstanding it. Thanks for confirmation.

Yes, it comes directly from the I-864 instructions. For example, a USC is petitioning his spouse and she is bringing 3 children along too. Then they could be listed on #9 of the I-864 as family members that are also being sponsored. You could have up to two joint sponsors, one would sponsor the spouse and one child and the other would sponsor the remaining two children. This is where Part 1 e. and saying no to #8 would come into play. You cannot have two separate joint sponsors for just one intending immigrant.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

bank statement around 30k or 40k, house deeds and titles, cars titles, old paystub, severance pYment, income tax return 1st year around 30k plus dollars, 2nd year around 40k plus and the recent one is 71k ITR. Then Affidavit of support and supporting docs (which is more likely the same with my fiance) thats all i can submit. Except that my cosponsor is employed and have a family business. He was skilled since hes from a good company and I am a degree holder. What do you think?

. I dont know what else we can do to get approved. Literally, everything is ok. The money i dont think will be questionable UNTIL we got lucky about his job and announced laying off of people Uggggh :(

I think you have a very strong case, especially since you are dealing with an Embassy which accepts joint sponsors and you have a qualified joint sponsor. You would have an even stronger case if your fiancé attended your interview.

Timeline

I think you have a very strong case, especially since you are dealing with an Embassy which accepts joint sponsors and you have a qualified joint sponsor. You would have an even stronger case if your fiancé attended your interview.

He cant, hes in the u.s now. Im done with the interview and im under 221g. Coz i dont have letter of employment which we thought we can have it but its now impossible. Thats why we thought of cosponsor in replacement of letter of employment. We will submit those above mentioned docs. Along with the letter explaining his work status if we have to. Thanks a lot btw :)

Yes, it comes directly from the I-864 instructions. For example, a USC is petitioning his spouse and she is bringing 3 children along too. Then they could be listed on #9 of the I-864 as family members that are also being sponsored. You could have up to two joint sponsors, one would sponsor the spouse and one child and the other would sponsor the remaining two children. This is where Part 1 e. and saying no to #8 would come into play. You cannot have two separate joint sponsors for just one intending immigrant.

Yeah I've assumed that OP is the only applicant and mentioned possible 3 co-sponsors.

Ahh gotcha!! Thanks for clearing it up :thumbs:

Edited by Tintin and Mike

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Timeline

So i can only use one cosponsor. Those who have the biggest income better

Yes. The one that meets the 125% requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiance(e).

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes. The one that meets the 125% requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiance(e).

2012 Poverty Guidelines for the

48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia

Persons in

family/household Poverty guideline

1 $11,170

2 15,130

3 19,090

4 23,050

5 27,010

6 30,970

7 34,930

8 38,890

For families/households with more than 8 persons,

add $3,960 for each additional person.

This means, if my cosponsor is my fiances dad living with his wife and daugther (3 household) plus me (4th household) the cosponsor should have 23,050 dollars or more or a 27,010 dollars or more (if including my fiance) correct me if im wrong. Thanks

Timeline

2012 Poverty Guidelines for the

48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia

Persons in

family/household Poverty guideline

1 $11,170

2 15,130

3 19,090

4 23,050

5 27,010

6 30,970

7 34,930

8 38,890

For families/households with more than 8 persons,

add $3,960 for each additional person.

This means, if my cosponsor is my fiances dad living with his wife and daugther (3 household) plus me (4th household) the cosponsor should have 23,050 dollars or more or a 27,010 dollars or more (if including my fiance) correct me if im wrong. Thanks

These are the poverty guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

For a household of 4, they need to have at least $28,812. Your fiance would only be counted if his parents claimed him on their taxes as a dependent. Household count is not about who lives in the same house. It is the one filling out the affidavit of support, any spouse, any dependent children, anyone else claimed on their taxes as a dependent, plus the foreign fiance(e).

Edited by Jay-Kay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No, you're looking at 100% figures there. The income has to be 125% over poverty guidelines as a sponsor unless the sponsor is in the military. You take the number and multiply it with 1,25 to get the absolute minimum annual income.

You'll have to AOS later on and the exact same requirements are at that stage, which is why an embassy/interviewing officcer is free to argue that if the sponsor or co-sponsor isn't 125% abover the guidelines at time of interview, then it won't fly later on with AOS and the bigbrother to the I134.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

These are the poverty guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

For a household of 4, they need to have at least $28,812. Your fiance would only be counted if his parents claimed him on their taxes as a dependent. Household count is not about who lives in the same house. It is the one filling out the affidavit of support, any spouse, any dependent children, anyone else claimed on their taxes as a dependent, plus the foreign fiance(e).

Oh God im so confused. Im sorry. There is only 2 person dependent to his dad. his wife and 1 daugther. This means they are 3 plus ME so equivalent we are 4 (28,812) thats what we should we should have in one year or more. Correct?

Timeline

No, you're looking at 100% figures there. The income has to be 125% over poverty guidelines as a sponsor unless the sponsor is in the military. You take the number and multiply it with 1,25 to get the absolute minimum annual income.

You'll have to AOS later on and the exact same requirements are at that stage, which is why an embassy/interviewing officcer is free to argue that if the sponsor or co-sponsor isn't 125% abover the guidelines at time of interview, then it won't fly later on with AOS and the bigbrother to the I134.

There is only 2 person dependent to his dad. his wife and 1 daugther. This means they are 3 plus ME so equivalent we are 4 (28,812) thats what we should we should have in one year or more. Assuming his dad is making 50,000 dollars a year, are we safe now? How much would be the income if it is just Me, dad, wife and sister.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.