GGG1975

Criminal Report

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a situation. Our case is now a NVC. I called yesterday just to check the status of things. They informed me that they were going to email me a request for evidence (RFE) in regards to my husband's criminal records from Morocco. We submitted one that was a national report and the other is a city/state report of imprisonment (showing he had no record). I am not clear on whether or not the city/state report wasn't received or if it was the wrong document. When I call NVC (and I have called several times for clarification) they simple say they are requesting the city/state report.

My attorney submitted the NVC records. They also sent me the electronic version of what they submitted. All the documents are correct on the electronic form sent. What I thought may have been the problem was my husband was born in one city and now resides in a city an hour away. When we initial received the criminal info we obtained it from his place of birth.

This morning I spoke with the translator, in Morocco, who stated that the criminal documents received from my husband are correct. He said he's been doing this for 13 years. In Morocco, the city/state report is obtained from the place of birth not residence. My husband went this morning to the police station where he is living and they also told him that he had to get the document from the city of birth because he has to show his birth certificate in order to receive it.

I called NVC this morning and told them that my attorney submitted the correct criminal records and they suggested that I have a supervisor review the case. So now we have to wait 10 to 15 days for the review. I asked if I should resubmit copies of the criminal record (NVC stated copies were fine to submit) and the representative said I could only do one or the other. Have the supervisor review my file or resubmit the documents, so I requested they review my file.

Is there anything else I should do and if the translator states the documetns are correct but I still get push back from NVC what should I do because the police station in the city where my husband resides also told him he needed to go to the city of birth to obtain the document, which is what we did and that's what we submitted.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

call back, get a supervisor,

go over the whole thing again,

and ask the supervisor to request another review of submitted documents,

stating clearly that the reviewer has gotten it wrong.

the first person that answers the phone is absolutely useless, cannot see what a supervisor can see on the NVC computer system and does not have access to the same menu thingies.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

call back, get a supervisor,

go over the whole thing again,

and ask the supervisor to request another review of submitted documents,

stating clearly that the reviewer has gotten it wrong.

the first person that answers the phone is absolutely useless, cannot see what a supervisor can see on the NVC computer system and does not have access to the same menu thingies.

I will try but I don't think I can get a supervisor. I think I can only put in a request.

Thank you

Timeline

Seriously, ask for a supervisor

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Tried to speak with a manager and was told he wasn't available and he would have to call me back. Left number so hopefully I get a callback today. At first the operator was nice but when I asked to speak to supervisor she became aggrevated. They are not helpful or considerate so it feels as if we are in a whole and may never get out.

Timeline

call back every two hours till ya get one (IMO)

Timeline

well did you finally get through with a supervisor??

No, but I was able to talk to a US Consulate representative and they stated that we obtained the right document from the right place. They also stated that NVC doesn't make decisions. They are only responsible for making sure documents are in the file and sending them to the US Consulate. After many calls, I was able to connect with a representative of NVC who was kind enough to tell me to resend document and attach letter explaining the situation. She said they will put the document in the file and should move my case forward.

So now all we can do is wait and hope that the next correspondence we receive is an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.