kamelotforever

Please help, i need advice

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, i'm seeking help on an issue im having that seems to have no end, although I know there has to be a solution.

I lived in the US since I was 11, with immigrant parents(uruguay) who overstayed their visa waiver way past 3 months, in fact, until I was 18.

To clarify, I have no ban on the US because I left before time.

So alright, no ban, no crimes. good.

I've been an above average student and I've always felt that the US is my identity. I feel more patriotic than most people my age that were born in the country. But that isn't the biggest reason.

I've been on a relationship for 3 years now, and since the departure on november 2011, we've been in a long distance relationship, skyping literally everyday, 2-4 hours, with constant text updates, ect.

We really are trying our best.

I've tried applying for a tourist visa(2 times) but have been rejected. We've also looked into the K-1 visa but resources tell us that she has to present taxes. She's a full time student @ medical school so she doesn't have a job. Neither her mother because she lives off her past finances which are able to sustain her

well now.

We know we want to marry each other, 100% sure, we've lived together for the last year we were together, and the reason I came back is because I was extremely pressured by my family, I wanted to avoid the ban in any case that could have happened, and for general security.

I know the favorable way would have been to just marry together, but it just didn't happen so please lets just focus on whats possible for now.

To summarize:19 years old, no ban, in a real love relationship with an american born citizen, want to marry, what can be done?

I wanna clarify something, I see status adjustment as a benefit or marriage, not the cause. We truly are in love and the numbers,dedication, and devotion prove it.

Thank you :/

I meant to say "I wanna clarify something, I see status adjustment as a benefit of marriage, not the cause. We truly are in love and the numbers,dedication, and devotion prove it." I dont know how to edit it.

I guess my question is, if she doesn't work and neither does her mom, how would I prove the who sponsors her? (parents divorced)

Edited by kamelotforever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Start by reading this comparison chart, to see which visa path will be most beneficial for you two. http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare (Disregard the K3 option as it is an obsolete visa)

Visit this portal for Uruguay http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Uruguay where you will find other members who have gone (or are going) through a K1 or CR1 process . You can double check with them if the USEM accepts co-sponsors for these family based visas.

A co-sponsor can be any US Citizen or Legal Resident, and doesn't have to be related to you (could be a family friend).

These processes require a lot of money, time and you should consider ALL aspects of these processes and see what's your best course of action.

You may not see it now, but you did VERY well by going back to Uruguay and not overstaying.

I'm also going to move your post to the General Immigration Related Discussion forum; as you do not know which visa process is right for you as of yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Your sponsor doesn't have to be your fiance... if she can find somebody else with enough income to qualify, you can still apply for a K1 even though she's not working. But at 19 I REALLY wouldn't rush into anything. I know it's hard to be long-distance, but the longer a relationship history you have between you, the stronger your case.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

First of all, look into some K1 embassy reviews. You'll want to know what sorts of questions and evidence is needed for your home country aside from the affidavit of support.

Secondly, if your embassy allows it, you may have a co-sponsor which can be a US citizen or LPR. Your fiancee still has to submit her own affidavit of support at the time of interview, and a new one is needed again after arriving in the US, marrying and then adjusting to Legal Permanent Resident.

And then the 3rd thing; have you considered her visiting you and marrying in your home country? I'm only suggesting that because it costs less and you're legally allowed to work when entering the US - unlike entering on a K1 where you'll first have to get married and then send off the AOS and wait around for work permit.

When your fiancee is studying and she won't have an income, I'd personally suggest either you start saving up for some months of being in the US without an income, or you have her visit you and you marry in home country and go down the spousal route instead. Benefit of the fiancee route however: you can file now.

And then one important factor; the affidavit of support is not to gain access to the US. It's to demonstrate that the sponsor is financially capable of supporting you in the US after you arrive. My logical question is how do you and your fiancee plan of supporting each other when she's studying?

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

"My logical question is how do you and your fiancee plan of supporting each other when she's studying? "

Money is not a problem. I have a very good amount saved up since I don't pay rent. And over there we would live in her mothers house(which we lived together for the whole year before the whole chapter happened), so rent wouldn't be a problem. I have more than enough to support ourselves until I'm able to work.

The truth is, I just want to be with her, and I want it the safest, fastest way possible, and of course desperation is something that hits us all, and its becoming really hurtful at times.

Also finding a co-sponsor wouldn't be an issue, financially it wouldn't be neither, and her coming here wouldn't be neither.

Proof wouldnt be an issue, I back up every text, picture, skype session, ect. And have tons of pictures and literally know each other from head to toe.

I wont let this become a tragedy. Thank you so much for your help, this community is great and I'll be taking action asap.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

"My logical question is how do you and your fiancee plan of supporting each other when she's studying? "

Money is not a problem. I have a very good amount saved up since I don't pay rent. And over there we would live in her mothers house(which we lived together for the whole year before the whole chapter happened), so rent wouldn't be a problem. I have more than enough to support ourselves until I'm able to work.

The truth is, I just want to be with her, and I want it the safest, fastest way possible, and of course desperation is something that hits us all, and its becoming really hurtful at times.

Also finding a co-sponsor wouldn't be an issue, financially it wouldn't be neither, and her coming here wouldn't be neither.

Proof wouldnt be an issue, I back up every text, picture, skype session, ect. And have tons of pictures and literally know each other from head to toe.

I wont let this become a tragedy. Thank you so much for your help, this community is great and I'll be taking action asap.

Alright. The fastest way is the i129f/K1 route because you can submit the petition now.

The skype chatlogs, texts and your pictures are mostly for your interview proving ongoing relationship. The petition only needs proof of meeting in person. Most people include a few pictures in the petition. Look into country specifics here to see if it's worth frontloading the petition or not.

Good luck.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.