iro

what's next?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Good job updating your Timeline.

If you click on the flag under your name, you'll reach the Greek portal and find more information about other members that are going (or have gone) through the Embassy in Athens.

Have your fiance call NVC and retrieve your case number. With that new case number, you can call and/or email the Embassy and let them know that you have an approved Petition for a K1 visa and that you are awaiting instructions.

At this stage, things are specific to each country (because everyone does it in their own way) so you can contact other members to, at least, find out what's the best way to get a hold of the Embassy.

Timeline

dear Celeste & C,i cant tell u how greatful i am ! thanks again for ur help ! i guess i will have to ask the last question concerning this case number ..could u tell me whether u meant the case number of NOA1, so called recipient number ,or NVC is supposed to give us the new case number which will be different from the first one..thanks in advance :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

dear Celeste & C,i cant tell u how greatful i am ! thanks again for ur help ! i guess i will have to ask the last question concerning this case number ..could u tell me whether u meant the case number of NOA1, so called recipient number ,or NVC is supposed to give us the new case number which will be different from the first one..thanks in advance :)

You are most welcome.

The NVC will give your fiance a new case number that will start with some letters, something like ATS making reference to the city of Athens.. for example for Buenos Aires (Argentina) is BNS, for Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) is SDO, etc. They will also tell you if your file has been sent to Athens already. If that hasn't happened, don't lose hope, it takes a few days for them to get the file from USCIS, process it and send it to Greece. So call again in a few days.

Only the USC can call the NVC and this is their number 603-334-0700

Timeline

You are most welcome.

The NVC will give your fiance a new case number that will start with some letters, something like ATS making reference to the city of Athens.. for example for Buenos Aires (Argentina) is BNS, for Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) is SDO, etc. They will also tell you if your file has been sent to Athens already. If that hasn't happened, don't lose hope, it takes a few days for them to get the file from USCIS, process it and send it to Greece. So call again in a few days.

Only the USC can call the NVC and this is their number 603-334-0700

Timeline

thanks GOD u replied to me dear Celeste! my fiance called today after ihad told him about ur helpful advice! now i got this new case number and the date it was sent to Athens on Sept 24, 2012 thanks a lot ! if it hadn't been u, we wouldn't know about this information now ..anyway thanks a lot i will call them tomorrow ...hope the packet will be here soon ..may i adress to you when i have some queries afterwards? hope u wont get bored with my questions ..thanks and best regards :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Athens is a great consulate, always helpful and easy to deal with. If you're on Facebook, like them there. Occasionally they have a webinar thingy where they'll discuss things live with people going through the process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yep what celeste said. Call NVC ask for your number. When you get that number you contact the consulant ask if they have received your petition & if so do they have your interview date,give them the case number to refer to.

On this website add Greece to your portal, follow Greece. That way you can see how people in your country handled it. If you even read the consulant review for Greecr you may get an idea of what types of things will happen during your interview (questions, procedure, etc)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You are welcome.

Keep in mind that at this stage of the process, things are country specific and I may not be able to help you with certain things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.