^_^

Should we pity the rich?

8 members have voted

1. 1. After having read that, which of the following is true?

• The rich who believe that their 'plight' remotely resembles the historic oppression of ethnic minorities in America are clueless idiots and unworthy of attention.
    • The rich who believe that their 'plight' remotely resembles the historic oppression of ethnic minorities in America are absolutely correct! Saying mean things about someone is just as bad as slavery and Jim Crow.
    • I am a conservative and in denial about the truth of my political fellow travelers. I am going to scream "liberal bias" in 1, 2, 3....

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"... the rich feel that they have become the new, vilified underclass. T. J. Rodgers, a libertarian and a Silicon Valley entrepreneur, has taken to comparing Barack Obama’s treatment of the rich to the oppression of ethnic minorities—an approach, he says, that the President, as an African-American, should be particularly sensitive to."

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/08/121008fa_fact_freeland?currentPage=all

Edited by ^_^

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

IMHO, the GOP, MIttens and Co. have been vilifying the rich more than the administration.

I think it is Romney, leading by example, paying 14% tax on his income - far less than anyone making a fraction of Mitt's p.a. income that is perpetuating the image that the rich get more breaks than those who earn a living through their work.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

IMHO, the GOP, MIttens and Co. have been vilifying the rich more than the administration.

I think it is Romney, leading by example, paying 14% tax on his income - far less than anyone making a fraction of Mitt's p.a. income that is perpetuating the image that the rich get more breaks than those who earn a living through their work.

Why are we always comparing total average rates to marginal rates on the last dollar?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

comparing the plight to that of pre-civil rigths era minorities is absurd.

Are they villified though? Yes. Do most deserve it? No.

There was a good/similar story on NPR today and there was a good point made. We like to pick on the wealthy in this country, especially those who started from nothing and worked their way to their success (we're not talking those who inhereted their money). Those who have money work their arses off. Where the average person works an 8-9 hour work day, the wealthy American works closer to an 15-18 hour work day.

The NRP story and those interviewed (based on some book about Plurocrats) even suggested Americans should be paid less than they are now and if they want to make more per hour, then they should be more productive and appreciative like those in China.

I kind of see the point they make, eventhough it's quite crude. The wealthy who earned their way to the top usually do work their ####### off harder than anyone else. They sacrifice time with family, friends, etc. to build their wealth.

In the United States we have first-world issues. Issues that aren't about food on the table so much as they are our phone bill getting paid. So many would LOVE to have the issue of worrying about a phone bill, internet bill, etc.. in this world.

We're spoiled brats as Americans. These past couple of generations especially. We all always want more, and some do work hard and aren't successful, but there are a lot who don't work hard and demand something to cover their short comings. So is life, so is the nature of the human scope of reality.

Do I feel sorry for the wealthy? Hell no. Do I get where they are coming from? Yes.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'd be more interested in hearing from the rich that got rich because of oil and gas, rather than 'IT entrepreneurs' ...

Different strata, IMO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1350321013' post='5757021]

Oil and gas? Oh yeah you live in Houston.

Ya, sorry - there's more oil n gas millionaires than IT millionaires...

so from a 'headcount' perspective, it makes sense to pay attention to the majority in the demographic.

WHICH, if'n I'm reading this article correctly, the author simply didn't do...

They spend more money on booze and hookers.

let's not forget #######-jobs (Hint - breast enhancement was invented in Houston)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !