everandel

Documents to fiance

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do you send any originals to your fiance?

and if so, what type of mail service do you use?

I read somewhere that we don't have to send any originals of the financial documents, that we can scan it and just email it. So can a scan of the tax returns be sufficient. I actually obtained transcripts from the IRS so they are offical documets from the gov. Also, what about the boarding passes, I send a copy with the petition, so do I have to send the orginal

Help will be appreciated, specially with someone with a fiance from Ukraine.

07/28/2006 -- Mailed I129f Petition

07/31/2006 -- NOA 1 Received Date

08/12/2006 -- NOA 1 Notice Date

08/17/2006 -- Touched

09/21/2006 -- Touched

10/02/2006 -- Touched

10/03/2006 -- RFE sent from CSC (Beneficiary's birth certificate)

10/04/2006 -- Touched

10/09/2006 -- Received RFE in the mail

10/10/2006 -- Sent reponse to RFE

10/16/2006 -- RFE acknowledged at CSC

10/18/2006 -- NOA2 - APPROVED!!

10/19/2006 -- Touched

10/25/2006 -- Received NOA2 snail mail

10/26/2006 -- Petition received at NVC

11/06/2006 -- Petition sent off to embassy

11/17/2006 -- Embassy receives petition

11/17/2006 -- Packet 3 sent from Embassy

11/21/2006 -- Packet 3 sent back

11/22/2006 -- Recieved packet 4

12/11/2006 -- INTERVIEW

12/13/2006 -- Embassy calls asking for document stating that fiance is not married. (Second curve ball they throw at us)

12/14/2006 -- Document sent to embassy

12/26/2006 -- K-1 Visa issued!!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukrai_2faws.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):
  1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).
  2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.
  3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
  4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.
  5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.
  6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.
  7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide :guides:

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):
  1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).
  2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.
  3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
  4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.
  5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.
  6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.
  7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide :guides:

I dont understand why all of this is needed. Has anyone who has been through an interview recently really been asked for a copy of everything in the original I-129F package, copies of original documents submitted with the I-129F, a second letter affirming your intent to marry, or a copy of the NOA2???

Reason why I ask is because nowhere in the instructions given to my fiancee, does it state to have any of this documentation with her. I understand other consulates may have different requirements, but this seems a bit overkill to me.

Here's what the consulate in Brasil wants my fiancee to bring with her....

1- Two front view photos (name printed behind) (these passport pictures needs to show the ears)

2- Passport

3- Citibank fee

4- Form DS-230 part 1 (K3 visas only)

5- Two forms DS-156

6- Form DS-156K (fiancees only)

7- Form DS-157 (for those over 14 years old)

8- Form FS-257a (fiancees only)

9- Sworn Statement (fiancees only) (this one comes in the packet 4)

10- Birth certificate and copy

11- Marriage certificate and copy

12- Divorce decree and copy (if applicable)

13- Death certificate and copy (if applicable)

14- Military service and copy (if applicable)

15- Police Certificate and copy (Secretaria de Segurança Pública)

16- Police Certificate and copy (Polícia Federal)

17- Police Certificate from other countries and copy (if applicable)

18- Medical Exam (sealed)

19- Affidavit od Support

- Form I-134 signed and notarized,

- USC's latest federal income taxes,

- USC's proof of current job and

- USC's proof of citizenship or greencard

20- Job offer (if available)

We will provide exactly what the consulate asks for and nothing else. :yes:

April 1, 2006 - Filed I-129F

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 – Touched due to transfer to from NSC to CSC.

July 3, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Recieved in mail

July 6, 2006 - IMBRA RFE sent back to CSC

July 14, 2006 - CSC received RFE

July 15, 2006 - Touched

August 10, 2006 - Touched

August 11, 2006 - Touched

August 12, 2006 - Touched - Second RFE notice

August 14, 2006 - Touched

August 15, 2006 - Touched

August 19, 2006 - Second RFE arrives

August 20, 2006 - RFE reply

August 25, 2006 - Touched - RFE reply received

August 26, 2006 - Touched

August 28, 2006 - NOA2 approved in 144 days

August 29, 2006 - Touched

September 2, 2006 - Physical NOA2 arrives in mail

September 8, 2006 - NVC receives case

September 13, 2006 - NVC sends case to Rio

September 18, 2006 - Physical notice from NVC arrives in mail

September 18, 2006 - Case arrives in Rio

September 26, 2006 - Packet 3 replied to (before receiving it)

September 27, 2006 - Packet 3 response arrives in Rio

September 27, 2006 - Packet 3 arrives at Ana's

October 6, 2006 - Packet 4 arrives at Ana's

October 9, 2006 - Medical

December 5, 2006 - Interview!!

January 13, 2007 - Getting married in Hawaii!!

Praia_do_Forte_Apr_24_2006054resize.jpg

115511272516511.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ana and Dan

It seems to me that after going through all of this you would rather be prepared then have the attitude of

"We will provide exactly what the consulate asks for and nothing else"

I don't see where they even ask you to bring pictures or anything to prove your relationship. Don't you think you just might need that also. I'm sure that you will not actually need all the documents that are listed in the Guides but you never know which ones they will actually asked for once you go for the interview.

But I guess if you want to provide nothing else then what the consulate asked for good luck and I hope it works for you.

Everandel

My fiance isn't from Ukraine so I'm not sure what type of mail service to use but you should make sure that you have originals with you at the intrview. They may not ask for them but they can ask for them and you want to make sure you are ready.

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Timeline
Ana and Dan

It seems to me that after going through all of this you would rather be prepared then have the attitude of

I don't see where they even ask you to bring pictures or anything to prove your relationship. Don't you think you just might need that also. I'm sure that you will not actually need all the documents that are listed in the Guides but you never know which ones they will actually asked for once you go for the interview.

But I guess if you want to provide nothing else then what the consulate asked for good luck and I hope it works for you.

Everandel

My fiance isn't from Ukraine so I'm not sure what type of mail service to use but you should make sure that you have originals with you at the intrview. They may not ask for them but they can ask for them and you want to make sure you are ready.

We will follow the instructions given by the consulate. If that's a hard concept to understand, then bring the kitchen sink with you too.

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read somewhere that we don't have to send any originals of the financial documents, that we can scan it and just email it. So can a scan of the tax returns be sufficient. I actually obtained transcripts from the IRS so they are offical documets from the gov. Also, what about the boarding passes, I send a copy with the petition, so do I have to send the orginal

If you have the evidence that is stipulated in P3/P4 in the form that they ask (original or copy) then you will be just fine 99.9% of the time. The folks in Kiev are very good. If you have specific questions send an e-mail to the consulate and they respond within a few days.

As for boarding passes are you referring to your pre-petition trip? This will add no value. Documentation for any post-petition trip will be evidence of a continuing relationship and will be helpful.

YMMV

Timeline
We will follow the instructions given by the consulate. If that's a hard concept to understand, then bring the kitchen sink with you too.

Wow. Well, to each his own. Hopefully you recognize that Louisa made some excellent and valid points. Part of the whole purpose of VJ is so that people who have been through the whole process can share their experiences to help and guide others. We know from the experience of others, for example, that while the consulate's "bring to the interview list" doesn't include "a photo album", people have been given the dreaded 221g form and told to return in 6 months with "a photo album" because the C.O. questioned the validity of their relationship. We also all know that whether or not we believe "a photo album" makes any difference in the world, if that's what the C.O. holding our S.O.'s visa in their hand wants, that's what the C.O. gets.

Hey, lots of luck to you two.

Timeline

Wow. Well, to each his own. Hopefully you recognize that Louisa made some excellent and valid points. Part of the whole purpose of VJ is so that people who have been through the whole process can share their experiences to help and guide others. We know from the experience of others, for example, that while the consulate's "bring to the interview list" doesn't include "a photo album", people have been given the dreaded 221g form and told to return in 6 months with "a photo album" because the C.O. questioned the validity of their relationship. We also all know that whether or not we believe "a photo album" makes any difference in the world, if that's what the C.O. holding our S.O.'s visa in their hand wants, that's what the C.O. gets.

Hey, lots of luck to you two.

If you took the time to read my original post, I was asking if anyone that HAS been through the interview recently to verify whether or not #1, #2, #3 or #6 was asked for. I wasn't looking for someone's personal opinion of my attitude because I choose to follow the directions of the consulate.

Since neither of you have been through the interview, I'm not sure why you took the time to reply.

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Timeline
If you took the time to read my original post, I was asking if anyone that HAS been through the interview recently to verify whether or not #1, #2, #3 or #6 was asked for. I wasn't looking for someone's personal opinion of my attitude because I choose to follow the directions of the consulate.

Since neither of you have been through the interview, I'm not sure why you took the time to reply.

Neither of us have been through the interview yet but clearly both of us have been reading and absorbing a whole lot about the process from people here. Again, Louisa offered valid points in response to your comment that you would bring only what the consulate told you to bring - clearly that's what we both were responding to.

People on VJ who have been through the interview have commented that it's extremely unusual to be asked for a copy of the NOA2 so perhaps the "what to send your fiance list" needs to be updated and maybe after your interview you can contribute some of that information. But they have been asked to produce documents proving the validity of the relationship, therefore, those items from the original I-129F application have come in handy. In addition, people have been asked for things NOT on the consulate list as well - which is why we both added the additional comments. Most people also report being required to bring an updated "intent to marry" letter. Maybe you want to pose your question to people who have been through Brazil specifically since each consulate has different requirements.

Timeline

You are correct I have not had my interview yet. But I give you this advice, look at your own personal past experience and maybe you can learn something from it.

You said in a previous post about the reason you got a second RFE

"I forgot to photocopy my ENTIRE passport so they RFE'd me for all the pages so they could compare my passport entry stamps to hers."

Please tell me how you forgot this since I really don't remember seeing those directions anywhere in the instructions.

Oh yes, just to let you know, I also didn't copy every page of my passport but I didn't get a RFE for it. The point is you never know. The guides are from people who have been through this process letting you learn from their experiences. Because of this I will take everything the guide says because I don't know if I will be so lucky at the interview.

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Timeline

Neither of us have been through the interview yet but clearly both of us have been reading and absorbing a whole lot about the process from people here. Again, Louisa offered valid points in response to your comment that you would bring only what the consulate told you to bring - clearly that's what we both were responding to.

People on VJ who have been through the interview have commented that it's extremely unusual to be asked for a copy of the NOA2 so perhaps the "what to send your fiance list" needs to be updated and maybe after your interview you can contribute some of that information. But they have been asked to produce documents proving the validity of the relationship, therefore, those items from the original I-129F application have come in handy. In addition, people have been asked for things NOT on the consulate list as well - which is why we both added the additional comments. Most people also report being required to bring an updated "intent to marry" letter. Maybe you want to pose your question to people who have been through Brazil specifically since each consulate has different requirements.

Well I'm just tring to point out that the list of documents required on this website are really not needed in 99 percent of people cases. I honestly think that when the consulate is asking for more evidence than originally stated, they are doing so for good reason...they are really suspicous for whatever reason. I guess in the end, they can ask you for just about anything if they wanted to deny or delay you, but I think in most peoples cases, you should be good if you simply follow their instructions. Photo Album? Wow, that's a new one. :) That would suck to get denied for lack of a photo album. :lol:

You are correct I have not had my interview yet. But I give you this advice, look at your own personal past experience and maybe you can learn something from it.

You said in a previous post about the reason you got a second RFE

"I forgot to photocopy my ENTIRE passport so they RFE'd me for all the pages so they could compare my passport entry stamps to hers."

Please tell me how you forgot this since I really don't remember seeing those directions anywhere in the instructions.

Oh yes, just to let you know, I also didn't copy every page of my passport but I didn't get a RFE for it. The point is you never know. The guides are from people who have been through this process letting you learn from their experiences. Because of this I will take everything the guide says because I don't know if I will be so lucky at the interview.

Well now, that whole passport photocopy RFE is a different story though. :) We all know how gray it can be when submitting evidence you met in the past few years. In my case, they wanted each page because we actually vacationed in Europe many times, and they wanted to compare passport entry stamps. It may not have applied in your case though.

Edited by Ana and Dan

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My SO will have interview in about 6 weeks. She has the kitchen sink . One reason is it is a few hours by air to the interview from her home. So why risk a RFE. at this stage. When I sit and go through these web sites I see some people are asked about noterized passports and ex wifes SS number and her telephone number and proof of her address. Even though they have been divorced 10 years. SO she WILL have that information at interview. I hope she will not need it. BUT maybe the VO had a fight with his wife before he came to work that morning. So out of thin air he says . I desire this and that. I will to the best of my ability give her what she could need. You may think different so go for it. My SO will have over 8 inches of documents she will take . we just need to have that file in order.

If more citizens were armed, criminals would think twice about attacking them, Detroit Police Chief James Craig

Florida currently has more concealed-carry permit holders than any other state, with 1,269,021 issued as of May 14, 2014

The liberal elite ... know that the people simply cannot be trusted; that they are incapable of just and fair self-government; that left to their own devices, their society will be racist, sexist, homophobic, and inequitable -- and the liberal elite know how to fix things. They are going to help us live the good and just life, even if they have to lie to us and force us to do it. And they detest those who stand in their way."
- A Nation Of Cowards, by Jeffrey R. Snyder

Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama

white-privilege.jpg?resize=318%2C318

Democrats>Socialists>Communists - Same goals, different speeds.

#DeplorableLivesMatter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello----

I'm just on the point of sending my documents to Kiev for my Fiancee. I have had good success sending things by registered mail from my local post office. And she has sent things to me by registered mail from UA and and no problems. Takes 8-10 days usually TO Ukraine (a little faster coming to the US for some reason)---- so I'm gonna send my I-134 etc by registered mail. I know UPS delivers to Ukraine so if you want it to go faster you can try them (or DHL or Fedex).

I am sending only copies of important papers (tax forms etc) originals of phone bills tho----just because I don't care if they get lost.

I corresponded with the Kiev Embassy about financial matters and they said, "send a copy of your latest tax form" did NOT even specify an official transcript. And "send a recent appraisal of your house-IF YOU HAVE ONE" (emphasis mine) ----so my impression is that the Kiev embassy is fairly laid back about such things and the testimony of those who have been through there seems to bear that out.

(BTW----YOU don't need to send any appraisal for your house--that was specific to me because my previous year's income was low---took off from work a lot to remodel the house...)

Since Kiev has such a friendly reputation (and because my fiancee have known each other for years and can document that--we met while I was teaching there)---I am of the mindset of "Don't send the kitchen sink"

But each of us has to make up our own mind about that.

Stay in touch and let me (us) know how things work out. Feel free to email me 'back-channel' if I can be of any other help or commiseration.

John in South Carolina

Anna and Dan,

You have a stinky attitude. I hope you get an RFE at the visa stage and in my opinion, you are divorce material.

Ana and Dan

Everandel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.