spectheintro

N400 (Marriage-based) Packet Assembly.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello all:

I had a quick question about assembling a marriage-based packet for the N400. Is this essentially the same packet I assembled for my wife's I-751 ROC? The VJ guide for the N400 doesn't explicitly say "evidence of a bona fide marriage"; does this mean I can send them tax transcripts for the past three years as evidence of marriage? Or do I need to print out pictures, bank statements, utility bills, credit card statements, etc?

I cannot wait to be done with this; immigration is absurdly time-consuming and expensive.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Follow the list of requested documents in the instructions exactly for what they want. You will notice that the statements of what to submit are not 'and' - they are 'or'. You do not need to submit the same amount or type of evidence you used for the I-751. Submit the proof of your marriage (marriage certificate), the tax transcripts of jointly filed taxes, etc. and just include exactly what is listed - no more and no less. The petition is not going to be looked at in any detail before your interview. The interviewer will go through it in detail for the first time with you sitting there during the test and interview. You can bring to the interview additional information about a bona-fide marriage (recent bank statements, proof of mortgage/lease, paid bills, etc.) to have on hand to show, if asked, but they probably won't even look at them. This is by far the easiest step of the whole immigration process and requests the least amount of supporting documentation.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you don't have to have that much evidence, just banking togather statements,your tax transcripts 3 years,a few utility bills,copy of your passport copy of your green card front and back,a few pictures,copy of your state id or drivers license G-1145 FORM copy of your marriage certificate,copy of any divorces,

Filed: Other Timeline

If you have tax transcripts, which I strongly suggest, you will not need any other evidence pertaining to your marriage. Read the VJ Guides and pay attention to the all-important word "OR."

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

This is what I included in my N400 with 3-year marriage method:

- 4 years of tax transcript (2007-2011)

- Copy of insurance (car & resident) with both of our names on it

- My wife's birth certificate

- Our marriage certificate

- My IDs and Green Card (still conditional, long story on that one)

- N400 application itself

- Check

In the interview letter they did ask you to bring the ORIGINAL evidence documents, however my IO didn't even bother to check them.

Like Brother Hesekiel said, your tax transcript is the MOST important. Include ALL of them since your marriage would be the best idea.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

This is what I included in my N400 with 3-year marriage method:

- 4 years of tax transcript (2007-2011)

- Copy of insurance (car & resident) with both of our names on it

- My wife's birth certificate

- Our marriage certificate

- My IDs and Green Card (still conditional, long story on that one)

- N400 application itself

- Check

In the interview letter they did ask you to bring the ORIGINAL evidence documents, however my IO didn't even bother to check them.

Like Brother Hesekiel said, your tax transcript is the MOST important. Include ALL of them since your marriage would be the best idea.

Thanks Steve. I already have 2009 and 2010 from my I-751 application, so the 2011 ones are all I need to finish this up. I've got everything lined up ready to go otherwise.

So close!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.